Posts by nightlight

Seems like something is getting lost due to the routing/variety of different cables you're using to reamp. Why record your guitar into the Babyface and send the signal to the Kemper.

What I'd do is plug into the instrument input on the Kemper, then send the DI signal to my DAW via SPDIF. When reamping, send the SPDIF signal to your Kemper and record using the analog/XLR outputs into your Babyface

I can answer a few of those questions:
    2) Yes, you'll need a power amp to drive a cabinet with the KPA.

3) Master/rig volume: Consider your master volume, your main volume control. You want to set this to achieve the loudest signal you want, irrespective of profile, i.e. all profiles should be at this volume. Rig volume, on the other hand, only controls the volume of a single profile. Use rig volume to raise/lower the volume of an individual profile if it's not at the same level as other profiles, or you want to use the profile as a solo boosted tone or to play up an effect, etc.

4) There's no right and wrong way to the way you route the KPA's outputs. Splitting the stereo signal into left/right mono is fine. You could also record the signal as a single stereo sound. If you're into reamping, you could record just one mono signal and then feed it back into the Kemper to get a stereo sound or a mono sound that you'd record. No right and wrong to any of these methods. See what your needs are and route accordingly.

5) It might not necessarily sound the same if you switch the cabinet to bypassed. This is because the profiling process captures a portion of the cab characteristics as well. One good way to record just the head would be to run the signal through a DI box, thereby eliminating the cabinet in the process. This way, when you run the profile into a cabinet, you'll have more of the amp and less of the cab.

Couldn't understand Question 1, if it is a question at all and not just a statement. Might want to rephrase that. Cheers.

Nice explanation, +1.

I'd suggest that you go for the flattest pair of speakers you can. If mono is not a problem, the Atomic CLR fits nicely in your ~$1500 budget. The reason why the speakers should be flat is that they'll translate better across many different types of PA systems/speakers as possible. Right now, your issue is that your current monitoring setup at home is not like the church's sound system. But if you go out and gig after tweaking on a PA system at home that's A/Bed to your church system, you'll run into the same complaint.

So I reiterate. The flattest sounding FRFR (a hated term here) speakers you can find. Monitors will work well and I'd suggest a pair of Dynaudios if you like accurate response, that's what I'm using. But a CLR seems like a better option, since it's tailored toward a guitar application.

I bought an FC7. The thing is huge and has an interesting adjustment so that you can use it sitting down or standing up. I'm still a bit shocked with the amount of throw it has. The thing moves in an arc that's almost 60 degrees, I found myself a bit overwhelmed with how much room there was to move up and down.

Cool to be able to use the wah-wah and other cool effects now. By default, I discovered the touch settings for orange stomps as well, which can be useful in some situations, I'm thinking.

This is a bit confusing. Now suppose I profile a high gain amp. When I'm done, the gain will be at mid position on the finished profile. Yet distorted sense will clearly work in such a situation. The difference I can make out is the clean and distorted profling process. But that brings me again to the question I made in the previous post, i.e. if I boost the gain on a clean profile, will clean sense have any impact?

I have not check the midi thru in performance mode on the kemper but it should work if you setup the timeline to have the same midi assignment # to the patch...you can't program the FCB to send separate command to another device. I took a look at the midi Specification of the Timeline and some of the CC# may over lap so this looks like it may not work.

You should be able to control the Kemper and the Timeline on separate channels. Similar CC# will not matter. Set the Kemper to receive on a different channel to the Timeline and all should be well.

Finally a voice of reason! :)
    The urge is relieving...
    For now...
    But wait...

I ALREADY GOT A BASS GUITAR! ;(

Hehe, drumkit next then. Or oooh, recording interface.

I know the feeling though. I have a guitar, bass, drums. And after every purchase I tell myself, "That's the last one". Then one month later I'm acquiring more gear.

It's called GAS (gear acquisition syndrome), Ingolf. One must create new avenues for it to be assuaged :thumbup: