Posts by nightlight

Having a little trouble with reamping here. I'm using Cubase 6.5 and an RME 800. I already had a DI track in mono which I wanted to route through the Kemper. So:
    1) Change output of DI track to SPDIF
    2) Reroute SPDIF output in RME to SPDIF input
    3) Create audio track in Cubase with SPDIF as input

I can hear the sound of the DI signal after processing by the Kemper. But the track I created is recording the original DI signal.I changed the input to analog and was getting the correct sounds recorded. Not too sure where I'm screwing up really. Some help would be appreciated.

I've hear mixed reviews about the Behringer C series speakers vis-a-vis the Aurotones. Some say it's a great substitute, others say it doesn't cut it.

My best advice would be to find one and test it out and see if it meets your requirement.

Is a simple adjustment of rig volume all that is required? ?( I wasn't sure, because I thought the Kemper Profiler normalises profiles to roughly the same volume level.

Yep this is what ive been thinking to, if thats the case then we dont need to worry about it :D[/quote]

i have no problem turning knobs 8o

Nightlight-Actually this is not entirely accurate.
    In order to make the boot&burn process work the Kaos.bin file should be in the root directory of the USB stick and NOT inside any folder

Your kung fu technique is much better than mine. I humbly concede defeat. ^^

You should be stroking your Ming the Merciless mustache and nodding your head slowly right about now :thumbup:

DDDD, copy that file to the root directory on your USB! :thumbup:

just increased my clean sense to 2.4 the input LED is flashing yellow/red but now my volume for clean rigs has to be dropped to -8.0 so the output LED doesnt clip

Just noticed all my distortion profiles clip the input LED if the clease sense is at 2.4 the red light is flashing on ocassionally now and the output LED stays green ?(?(?(

I'm facing a similar issue. I was getting red flashes all the time on the input LED so I lowered clean sense. But after getting into a safe zone, with only the yellow LED flashing intermittently, my clean sounds are much quieter than the distorted sounds. This is with factory rigs. My output LED doesn't clip.

Is a simple adjustment of rig volume all that is required? ?( I wasn't sure, because I thought the Kemper Profiler normalises profiles to roughly the same volume level.

Hey nightlight, there are significantly differences from the soundcloud clip you have posted to the sound of the same profiles at my studio monitors with my guitar, but I´m shure that this is because we are using different guitars with different PU´s. I have an Ibanez RG550 build in 1987 with normal tuning, it seems to me that you have a guitar with modern high output Pu´s or a Les Paul type guitar with dropped tuning, my stringset is 038-008, I´m shure that you use thicker strings than I do.
    I have two equal guitars, they are sounding different with the same profile...It´s all unique.

That makes sense. It's an Ibanez RG1820X with Wilde Bill Lawrence pickups and I'm using .13-.58. I think the "problem" is that I'm trying to use that guitar to get vintage sounds, doh :pinch:

Thanks for the tip!

Interesting! Did you update sequentially, as in each new update after the other? I just updated directly by copying the latest OS firmware. Wonder what the recommended method is...

Steps to follow:
    1) Buy new USB stick
    2) Insert stick into back of Kemper. DO NOT format it on your computer first
    3) Unplug USB stick and plug it into your computer. Check to see that it has created three folders "OS", "Backup" and "Shared", I think
    4) Having downloaded OS, unzip it
    5) In unzip directory, copy ONLY the kaos.bin file and paste it in the OS folder on your USB stick.
    6) Right click the toolbar icon for external devices and disconnect your USB stick before unplugging it
    7) Plug USB stick into your Kemper
    8) Holding down the "<" and ">" buttons next to the screen, turn the chickenhead knob on your Kemper from "off" to "tuner"
    9) Only let go of those buttons once a dialog appears confirming "boot and install" or something like that.

Yeah that´s wright - after updating to 2.1.1 everything is sounding like it did before. The issue related to preamp gain, which was slightly lower in 2.1.0 in comparison to previous versions is definitvly fixed.
    Did you try to adjust the clean/distortion sense value?

Yes, I did, but I think I need to examine my settings more closely. WS, you would have the same factory profiles I mentioned. Are they significantly different from the soundcloud clip I posted? Would appreciate some kind of confirmation in that regard. Cheers. ^^

Version 2.10 had a problem with gain. That is fixed in 2.1.1
    We have no reports that any other aspect of the sound has changed.

A flash init has never solved sound issues at any point in time.

Thanks, Mr CK. I'm getting super cool distorted sounds and nice cleans too. Even in-between crunch tones come along nicely.

Maybe my issue is psychosomatic. In my case, I made the jump from V1.82, which is what my Kemper Amplifier came pre-loaded with, and upgraded to 2.1. So perhaps this would explain the sudden cognitive dissonance vis-a-vis my initial experience with the Profiler.

I think the major issue I'm having is correlating the sounds in the "Floydish" and "Go Jimmy Go" factory rigs to what I *think* the profile will sound like. They probably deserve a better application than what I'm trying to use them for at present :thumbup:

I hope the message in that image "Unable to retrieve filesystem info" is just punishment for venturing into areas that I should not and there's nothing wrong with my unit :whistling:

Boy, am I kicking myself for doing that init flash. I read that it was only necessary with earlier firmware and is no longer a solution for anything :(

My Kemper is working, but my main concern is that I might not be getting the accurate sound of the profile. I put together a short clip to demonstrate what I mean. The profiles used are:
    1) TAF-Go Jimmy Go
    2) TAF-Floydish
    3) Mr Sandman
    4) KM-Thrash

https://soundcloud.com/the-twilight-escape/01-1

My low gain patches are sounding super distorted all of sudden following an update to 2.1.1.8823. This is, I believe, on account of a suggestion made to Mr CK about profiles losing some of their grit after input levels were trimmed in the previous release. Reference, this thread: 1.5.0 vs. 2.1.O sound -are you enough brave to go back to 1.5.0 ???

But while 2.1.1 seems to work well for distortion, I found that even low gain factory patches seem to have been bumped up, such as TAF's wonderful Floydish and Go Jimmy Go profiles. Adjusting distortion sense seemed to help slightly, but then high gain patches sounded weak.

Also, after the update, I found that patches suddenly seemed more fizzy as well too, which was a bigger problem.

Was reading through this thread where people had a similar problem and found that a system reset might help. But that didn't work. After that, I was planning to do a flash memory wipe (Init Flash). When I came to the init flash screen, I found something extremely disturbing:

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img11/9424/84tl.jpg]

I have no idea what that implies, but I'm sure it's super bad :S

I went ahead and did the flash and it said the operation was successful. After that, I reloaded the factory rigs and hoped for a miracle.

And it seems to be exactly the same :S

It should be noted that I'm playing in A# tuning, so I do expect a bit of additional low end and chug from my guitar. But this seems excessive. Almost like the gain is dimed even on lower gain patches. A bigger problem is the fizz that seems to crop up even in low gain patches. I'm not sure this is just my ears overreacting. I'm able to dial it out with a little EQing, but it sure didn't seem to me like the Kemper needs that to sound transparent.

Need some guidance on what I need to do asap please. Are sound clips required?

Who told you this, guenterhaas? Above all else, if your conscience is clear, don't worry about it.

I don't think simply endorsing profiles is of any harm. It's not like someone will buy them just because someone else recommends them.

Kind of hoping myself that Kemper Amplifiers continues to bring out new profile packs every month. I really can't justify additional expense at the moment and I'm glad the company seems to have set the benchmark by continuously bringing out new profiles while expanding the Kemper's capabilities.

Some of the new stuff includes TAF, Gundy Keller, Bill Ruppert and others and it's really impressive. And there's more coming, I can barely believe it. But I'm so happy.

Hell, I endorse the Kemper Profiling Amplifier FOR FREE. How's that for full disclosure up front? :thumbup:

Hi VESmedic1,

i made a couple of profiles of a 2203KK head, maybe one suits you. Cab used is a 4 x 12 ENGL Pro V30, miced with a Beta57 and a Sennheiser 609. I did not engage the ASSAULT circuit, in combination with my ESP Hannemann Signature with EMG SPC it did not sound good to me. Thrashing along to SLAYER they sound pretty good to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nunl5x1lejavlwx/Hd6mESIQ7K

Oh, wow, you have a Hanneman signature guitar? I'm incredibly jealous ;(

I really wish I could own one, the scale interests me a lot. Most of the standard Eclipses are also 25", but they only have 22 frets :cursing:

Is your profile available on the rig exchange? Big Slayer fan here 8o