Posts by Lambik

The sticker on the bottom is indeed your serial-if that is different from the one in the system menu i would strongly suggest that you open a ticket to get that resolved.
    After all you wouldn't know which number to use for registering the unit.
    Also take a close look at the USB socket in the KPA-are any of the 4 golden contacts bended or twisted? That would explain why no USB stick is detected by the Profiler

The problem is that two of the units were bought in germany and not in australia-therefore they need to be send to germany for service.
    The units with the broken LEDs were bought in australia and will be serviced by the australian distributor.

I can certainly understand your bandmates frustration to be without his unit for some time but it was his decision to order it from a store that is as far as possible from his location.
    Things do break and although the 36 months warranty covers the expenses for parts and labour it should have been clear to him that sending it in would take 4-6 weeks at least.
    He certainly cannot blame Kemper for the weakness of the australian dollar or their distributor for not taking responsibility for units that didnt go thru their network of dealers.
    I am amazed that Thomann will cover the shipping because that basically means that they dont make any profit on that sale.
    If i bought a Digeridoo directly from australia because they are cheaper over there compared to their european distribution and it breaks here in europe and i have to send it to australia to get it repaired i would probably kick myself but not the ones who made it.

In order to go back from 2.3 to 2.2.1 you will need to download the 2.2.1 firmware from the website and place the Kaos.bin file on a USB stick. Insert the stick into the Profiler and answer the question if you want to update the firmware with yes.
    The 2.2.1 will be installed and all your rigs and settings will survive.

sounds like your download is corrupted. Try downloading the file again and make sure that you eject the stick properly from your PC using the Eject command. Simply unplugging it could corrupt the directory

The only impact that the guitar being used in the profiling part of the process has is how it influences the user when setting the gain and tone controls of the reference amp to taste. Once the profiling process starts you can even unplug the guitar-it wont make no difference. The signals that the Profiler sends to the reference amp are independent of the guitar that is or was connected to the profiler during the profiling session.

have you received the automated response at least? AFAIK this is send automatically as soon as your ticket reaches the server. If you cannot find this response i would suggest you check your spam folder maybe there is already a reply to your ticket.

when you press store while you are in the delay edit display you get a choice of either saving the delay settings only as a local preset or the full rig. if you select the full rig option it should be recalled when you select the rig later on.
    Do you have any MIDI pedal connected to your profiler where the pedal sends a CC that deactivates the delay maybe?

have you tried to do a system reset?
    Hold down the system button while you power up the profiler until you see the message "Initializing global settings" in the display. Then let go off the System button and let the boot up finish.