Posts by suseguitar

hi to all,
    think it's time now to introduce myself, too... back in 2013 I first noticed the existence of the Kemper on the Thomann homepage... my first visual impression was - let's say, hmm... that this is not a nice looking box :huh: - and what a high price =O
    After quitting liveplaying already some 10 years ago I again became a bedroomplayer at that time and was basically happy with some cheaper digital stuff which sounded pretty sufficient out of my small monitors at home.
    But after some reading and YT-watching it became clear that the next G.A.S.-attack was just in front of me and so finally I ordered my Kemper and thus became a silent part of this amazing community.
    Last year I was in the lucky position to become part of a new band and so got the challenge to play live again.
    After reactivating my Tubeamps (Engl Rackhead and a home-made 6L6 combo) for a short time I couldn't resist trying my Kemper in the rehearsal room and was pretty happy: this was the first time to play a digital amp live without suffering from a completely dead sound!

Next step - after few months - was getting rid of that annoying behaviour of guitarspeakers to focus high frequencies and consequently I followed the recommendations of many forumfellows and purchased a DXR10.
    Especially thanks to Ingo's videos I was pretty sure to be on the right trail and it was a direct hit ^^

After some time which I needed to get familiar with the different feeling vs. a guitarbox I feel „arrived“ now ^^ The only thing I'm missing a bit are the lovely feedbacks which seem to be only possible with a guitarspeaker - but there are so many advantages that my desicion will not be changed back.

The great tonal flexibility - I love to play around with sounds and effects in our compositions - and last not least the incredible reduction of weight to be moved for every gig, these are benefits I don't wanna miss any more - and my old bones are just thankful :D

that's my story so far...

just one word regarding my favourite profiles: my personal stable No. One is the free Steve Morse Amp from Randy Rock - thanks a lot man for that amazing work :)
    But I sometimes also use excellent commercial profiles from Soundside (Bogner GF, Blackmore) and TAF (JCM800).
    thanks for reading
    Suse

back somewhere in the 90s my (very small) dealer one day offered me a Squier for handicraft work which he planned to sort out otherwise... i got it for some 100 DM, screwed off the twisted unplayable neck and ordered a Warmoth Neck with fattest available profile and 6100 Dunlop frets.
    It's my beloved favourite up to today - the outstanding Warmoth Neck in conjunction with the 46mm thick heavy body produces a sustain which doesn't remarkably differ from that of my Heritage Paula. SD-Quarterpounds are completing my pure joy whenever I play it.

I like scalloped fingerboards and therefore the other day - suffering from G.A.S. attack - ordered a used YJM-like custom Fenderstrat with Ashbody on ebay... so lovely looking with that CBS headstock... finally it turned out being a disappointment from a quality point of view (e.g. not fitting stringspacing, catastrophical adjustment of the brassnut) and I had to invest some money to get it to a satisfying playable state. It's ok now, but not more...
    just my 2 cents...
    should my little guitarfamily need a further extension in the future (due to G.A.S. :rolleyes: ), I most likely will have another look at the Warmoth homepage.
    But the Folreden page looks interesting, didn't know it up to now...
    good luck! :thumbup:

hallo,
    hat jemand schon Erfahrungen sammeln können mit diesen Leuchtstickern, die es bei Glorope zu kaufen gibt?
    Ich hab die Tage ein Set erworben, u.a. weil es mir gefallen hat und nicht die Welt kostet, allerdings sind mir Zweifel gekommen, ob der Selbstleuchteffekt auf einer dunklen Bühne ausreicht... in die Sonne gelegt, reingeholt, da leuchten die Dinger intensiv, keine Frage, aber der Effekt hält nicht sehr lang an - 2 Stunden später wars ziemlich dunkel im Zimmer und die Leuchtkraft der Sticker hatte da schon so sehr nachgelassen, daß mir wie gesagt Zweifel am Nutzen kamen...
    Die Situation ist neu für mich - früher mit Amp, Klampfe und Vol.Poti dran hatte ich nix zu schalten ;) ... und jetzt mit dem Kemper und seinen Möglichkeiten möcht ich gern auf den "Ernstfall" vorbereitet sein :/ ...
    bin für Erfahrungen/Meinungen dankbar,
    Grüßle
    Suse