Posts by noxtherox

another metal pack from Armin, guess what, I'm all over it, hope you like my recording :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…75683/Music/sotfarmin.mp3

This pack has some pretty nice gems, that work best after recorded and EQ'd/compressed (i'm no genius at that but I liked the end result)
    As a matter of fact, there are some profiles here that I think will work great with the other Metal recording Pack (I shall tinker with that eheh)

Profiles used:

RP RECT M T1 P
    RP RECT M T1 MC

When evaluating a profile, some of us would also like to hear what "non-professional" or "amateur" users can create. If they can create something with potential, using their limited resources, then I can extrapolate that to fit my skills and expectations. Not all of us base our buying decisions on one single perfectly mixed demo.

Blackbird beat me to it!

I was gonna say that on Soundside.de, the purpose of the "user samples" is precisely this one I believe, to showcase what his profiles can do in the hands of an amateur sound engineer.

And yes I do have limited resources! Aside from my obvious lack of knowledge and experience (i've been mixing in a self taught way since the end of 2012) The Kemper was given to me as a gift, but there's still a lot of gear that I need to improve eheh!

My Guitar: Schecter SGR C-7 (200€)
    My Monitors: Don't exist, I do have some cheapass speakers which do not sound bad (I do not use them for mixing, I just use them for listening how the mixes sound afterwards)
    My Headphones: ATH-M50 These are pretty decent, and are the ones I use for mixing (150€)
    My DAW: Reaper, and I use all of its bundled effects eqs and reverbs (cost me 40€)
    My Interface: Tascam US-200 (200€ or so, works fine :))

So even though the biggest reason for bad mixing is my knowledge of it, I've noticed the guitar recording also accounts for a lot of the mix's quality, and well, my guitar is not the greatest! (one day........)

I guess it's alright if you want to bash Armin's way of doing his business, I guess it's your right to do so, he could pay a professional mixer to do stuff for him, but it's his choice not to do so and we all have to respect it. But I have gotten some of Soundside's profiles because of user profiles, and like me I'm sure there are more people.

All in all artembankin you've been mixing for 15 years and I've been mixing for 1 and a half, maybe you could cut me some slack? :)

Regards
    -nox

noxtherox
    sounds awful ) fizzy, overcompressed , and totally cheap
    try to find normal profiles with normal mix ( sound) engeneer)

it is a very bad commercial for armin pack)

even though it might have been harsh I thank you for your feedback

I didn't think it sounded bad, but then again we might have different standards

Anyway, I'm completely an amateur player and sound engineer (if I even can call myself that haha). I always try to improve my mixes and i have improved alot over time, but for sure I still have a lot to learn

Still, I believe it showcases the profiles decently, and I'd compare this Recording Pack to some of my favourites from other commercial sellers

Regards
    -nox

Well I have to say the multi mic setup works pretty nice.

I've created a sample made from 2 different profiles from this Metal Recording Pack (not from double mic profiles though). Just some ideas scrubbed together, not very polished composition but I believe it showcases the profiles well.

http://soundcloud.com/noxtherox/armin-recording-pack

I've used the following profiles:
    RP RECT V T1 MC
    RP RECT V T1 P
    ^ these are the ones that have a tube screamer on the chain
    Quad guitars with equalization and slight compression

it's absurdly epic :O

the chord changes you've made to the original song give it a new identity, while not losing its own at the same time with the melody aligning just perfectly, then you use the acoustic guitar like noone would foresee in a song like this.

I have my own cover of battlefields' theme, but a lot more conservative in regards to faithfulness to the original song, you took some sort of a risk but it definitely paid off, very good arrangement

10/10

Regards

haha nunca ia adivinhar que és portuga, ainda vamos dominar o forum sem nos apercebermos.

anyway is there any expected launch date, or is it still too early to make such a prediction ?

Regards

what are the best metal rig for death metal like ola englund or keith merrow stuff?

for metal like ola englund or keith merrow maybe you should consider the Ola Englund Pack and the Keith Merrow Pack? :D

I have them and I can vouch for their quality, if they didn't come with the factory presets, you can find them in the Kemper page under "Support" in a category called "Rig Packs"

-----I reccomend as well, the Lasse Lammert pack, and the Jevo Engl Metal Pack---- (this is a bass thread and I thought you were talking about guitar rigs, these ones don't have a Bass rig I think)