Posts by Georgesunset

Same here. had that trough all firmware´s. No prob if you change the profil from one with reverb to one without. only happens when i´m switching it on/off in the same profil. does it with all profils. can´t remember if i ever opened a ticket for that one though

system reset dos not help

Had this behaviour ONLY when i used the internal volume pedal as an boost (+2-3db i think it was) and turned the reverb off --> the volume would drop to 0 db boost and then jump the +2db up again about 1-2 seconds after.

This behaviour was NOT seen when the internal volume pedal was used as a cut (-4,9db)

This happend on all firmware versions. (and still does)

yes it did. i changed between 2.3.0 and 2.2 about 3 times. had to adjust the clean sense every time. -8db on 2.2, can go down to -3db with 2.3.
    -3db gave massiv red LED on the input with the old firmware. not with the new

works sweetly here. nice to see that the clean sense got quite a bit less hot... now i can have my guitar on -3 db, instead of -8 db. very nice indeed... :D

Thanks a lot to the kemper team for this quick update.. love it :D

found the "Rig chances sound when you switch forwards and back again". system reset (hold system + turn on) does not help me. :(

edit.... played now for halv an hour... just don´t know if im hearing ghosts or not.... argh...

edit 2... i hear it... it´s like that sometimes the rig gets a blanket over it, and if you switch forward and back it back to normal clarity. all rigs do it... (info - i have -3.5db bass on the main output EQ - maybe that can be relevant)

hm - no changes in tone as far as i can hear (but can only hear with one ear right now:-( )
    But - i did the "initializing global settings" - mostly because i heard that "phase sound" now and then... don´t know if that did anything :) (but it seams like my FX loop pop´s with my external pedals is gone with 2.3 and the initializing...)

Hey
    everybody

Some people
    have trouble with a crackle sound/volume jumps when using the return/alt. input
    at the rear of the kemper as an input.

Please take
    part in this poll.

I found
    this problem myself in august, after getting the unit in June. KPA was unsure
    about my problems and replaced the unit - same thing with the new unit. Kemper
    could not replicate my problems with the return-unit. The front input works without problems as
    long as the effect-loop is disengaged. Cable/guitar switch are making no difference.

Here is a
    sound-file with my troubles. Listen especially to around 0:58.

https://soundcloud.com/georgesunset-1

Now, since
    more people are trying the return/alt input with the new firmware update, more
    and more people found this problem.

So please -
    let´s gather all the information about this problem together here in this
    thread instead of 20, and remember to open a support ticket! It does matter.

Thanks to
    all.

I have a plea to all of you with that kind of problem - please report it to Kemper by the prober channel - I think we will help them (and us) by helping them see a problem with the unit, and i think the best and most constructive way is doing it by creating a support ticket.

Please refer to the thread here

Crickles and Crackles when using alternate input on the rear of the KPA (FW2.1.1)

And yes - i had that "problem" since summer - because i use the effects loop.

The nice people from kemper where very helpful in the process of troubleshooting the unit i bought in juni 2013. We switched the units - but same thing with the second unit.
    What annoyed me most is, that they could not replicate my problem. It´s a volume jump when the sound is ringing out.

At that point kemper didn´t had any other reports of that problem - seams it´s different now :)

While we tried to solve the problem we talked about that maybe the internal/automatic noise gate of the return makes trouble... But so far no conclusion.

BUT - the problem with noise/volume jumps got MUCH better with the firmwares from 2.0!

P.S - Yes, we tired different cables, guitars and so on. No problem when the loop is NOT engaged. The return-unit had NO problems at the factory after the return :(

ok – now with
    firmware update.

I did this
    little recording – it´s a RC-3 mono into my “loop” chain while I chance rigs. The
    delay is a long delay form the El-Cap (the same thing happens with the
    DelaylaXL)

Don´t mind
    the volume difference, but listen to this:

A points
    just before the rig chances, you get a sudden but short volume increase – it´s
    not really a pop to me.

AND

Listen
    especially to the part from 0.52 - 1.02 – This is my MAIN problem. Even though I
    DON´T chance rigs there, I get at some point a sudden volume increase in the
    delay decay!

THIS DOES
    NOT HAPPEN WHEN I DISENGAGE THE LOOP AND RUN ONBOARD DELAY.
    THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN I ENGAGE THE LOOP BUT DISENGAGE EVERYTHING IN IT.

Same thing
    on headphones.

I use the
    stereo loop and run the main out to two studio monitors. Doesn’t matter if
    there is something in front of the Kemper.

https://soundcloud.com/georges…/kpa-pop-and-loop-problem

I have send a support ticket ;)