Posts by SteveStrummerUK

In the "Tools" menu of your old Rig Manager installation, choose "Backup Rig Manager Content". It will create a backup file that contains the complete folder structure of all Local Library Rigs, Presets and Performances. Copy that file to your new PC, and choose "Tools/Restore Rig Manager Content" in the new Rig Manager installation. Point it to the backup file, and you're done.
    Best regards,
    Arne

Excellent, many thanks Arne - just the sort of advice I was seeking!

Hi all

As I mainly use my Kemper at home for recording and practicing, I tend to access profiles stored on my PC directly using Rig Manager (as opposed to storing them on my Profiler).

I'm about to start using a new Windows 11 computer and was wondering how to go about accessing the profiles currently stored on my old PC.

I'm guessing I will have to copy all these profiles across, but will the new install of Rig Manager 'remember' the folder structure I currently use, or will I have to start completely from scratch and import and organise all my profiles again.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated!

Steve

Am I wrong or is the left site a little bit "louder" than the right side if the doubler is used?

That was my immediate reaction too.

This would probably make sense if the double tracker works by utilising the Haas effect - I'd guess the left channel is getting the un-delayed signal and the right channel the delayed signal.

Similar to the benefits of using a delay in one channel in a DAW, I think three awesome and very practical features going forward for the Kemper double tracker, especially in a live setting, would be:

1. The ability to decide/switch which channel gets the delayed signal
    2. The ability to set the level/volume of both the right and left channels leaving the effect independently (in my DAW, I usually choose the right channel for the un-delayed signal, and then slightly boost the left channel's (i.e. the delayed signal) level to compensate for the perceived drop in volume compared to the right
    3. For people like myself who are likely to use the double tracker a lot when playing live, it does raise another problem though. As much as possible, I like to keep everything 'in the box' (i.e. not having to rely on external pedals too much), and the double-tracker is going to be taking up a stereo slot in just about all of my rhythm profiles - hence I'm going to be limited to just three stereo effects. To these ends, how about adding the option of having a global version of the double tracker in the output section of the KPA?

Hi guys

I've upgraded my KPA to 2.8.0 and followed the instructions to 'Activate the new Profiling', but whenever I try to use Rig Manager to upload a 'merged' profile, I get the following error message:

[Blocked Image: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/SteveStrummerUK/kpaerror.jpg]

I've checked to make sure the 2.8.0 update had been successfully installed:

[Blocked Image: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/SteveStrummerUK/kpaopening.jpg]

As I said, I've followed the instructions in the PDF I downloaded - "After installation go to page 8 in the System Menu and press soft button 4 - once illuminated, the new format is active" but I'm obviously doing something wrong :/

I've gone to page 8 in the System Menu:

[Blocked Image: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/SteveStrummerUK/kpawideuse.jpg]

And then pushed Soft Button 4, which lights up:

[Blocked Image: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/SteveStrummerUK/kpaclosethis.png]

Thanks in advance of any help and advice you can offer me.

Steve

Status Quo cover: BACKWATER

Since I got my new KPA, I've been using it a lot to lay down tracks in quite a few original self-penned metal songs.

This tune, however, is the first I've completed using only my Kemper for the guitar parts. I've been jamming Quo and Judas Priest songs with my dear friend Sid for well over 30 years now, and we decided to record one of our favourites - Backwater (from the band's 1974 album "Quo"), to specifically showcase the awesome tones of The Amp Factory's excellent profiles of (Quo guitarist) Francis Rossi's Marshall JCM800 Rig.

Details:
    * Songwriters: Alan Lancaster/Rick Parfitt (1974)
    * Vocals & Bass Guitar: Sid
    * Guitars, Drum Programming & Mix: Me

Equipment:
    * DAW: Cakewalk SONAR X2a 64bit
    * Bass: USA Fender Jazz Bass → Line 6 Pod Farm 2
    * Guitars: Home-made 'Strat' → KPA
    * Drums: Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 → Metal Foundry Kit

Hey SteveStrummerUK,

Hi there, thanks for replying to my previous question!

do you just change the .kipr name?

Yes, I only changed the .kipr name, I didn't realise there was any other way to do it.

If so just use the PC editor that is floating around (AWESOME tool) and rename the second line(Rig Name), that's what the KPA shows.

I'm not sure which PC Editor you mean though, I'm quite new around here!

Has anyone got a link?

Hi Tony

I bought the two new packs yesterday and I'm very impressed indeed :thumbup:

The Blend Pack in particular really has some incredible sounds.

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions for you. I've posted them in here in case the information is useful to other members.

Firstly, I also bought Metal Pack 1 a while back, and I notice in the recent email I received from you that you said you were releasing 24 bonus profiles for those of us who already owned that Pack. Can you let me know how to download them please, as I haven't received a subsequent email explaining how to access the profiles.

Secondly, as part of my current Rig Management strategy, when I audition new profiles, I usually rename them all on my PC so they all appear consecutively in my KPA. I did this with the two packs I purchased from you yesterday, for example, I renamed all the Metal Pack 2 Profiles by adding the prefix "NGP MetPk2" (so "Fireball Ch2 E1 - 2013-07-21 16-31-27" was changed to "NGP MetPk2 - Fireball Ch2 E1 - 2013-07-21 16-31-27"). I added these to my memory stick and checked the names on there, but when they were imported onto my KPA, they all showed up under their original filenames. I can edit the names in the KPA, but as you can imagine, this is a much more laborious process than doing it on my computer.

Can you let me know why the name change is lost when the profiles are imported to my Kemper? I'm guessing the files can't be read only, as I can change them on my PC without going through the extra procedure of 'saving as (a copy)'.

Many thanks in advance of any help, and I'm already looking forward to the next pack!

Steve

Hi there Hannes, welcome :thumbup:

I've only been here myself for a few weeks and everyone made me feel really welcome. There are also some seriously helpful folk if you have any questions about your KPA.

I've purchased a couple of excellent 'metal' packs from a couple of members who also post in here. I can recommend both for some killer profiles:

• The Amp Factory - Metal Producers Pack; follow this LINK and scroll down toward the bottom of the page
    • Northern Gateway Productions - Kemper Metal Pack; click HERE

It's a shame you had to sell your 6505+112, I have one myself if ever you need some profiles creating for you with your favourite settings (I have a Shure SM57 and Sennheiser e906 microphones) - just let me know :)

Steve