Posts by Greg

If you have a four bar measure, play through a complete four bars - and then press record with your foot on the 'one' of the beat as you continue playing the riff.

If you play nothing, do a count in, and TRY to press record and start playing with your fingers it will always sound like a stutter or glitch when it returns to the beginning of the phrase to loop again.

Think that when you are playing the following chords in the pattern A, B, C and D.....when you move from the D chord to the A chord again you need to hear that transition from D to A...there isn't a minute pause every time you repeat a section in real life...unless its for a musical purpose :)

Looping is a pain in the ass when you first start...but very rewarding after a little practice :)

Cheers,

Greg

Hi,

Just to be helpful - and only to think about once you have determined it is not a manufacturing defect or fault caused by shipping:

Grittiness: was what you were playing it through before, less detailed/accurate a monitoring system than what you are now playing through? You said hi-fi, so it won't be eq'd to respond in the same way as what you are now listening through - you may be picking up more 'details' in the profile that was always there - but didn't hear before. People hear this typically when they move from cabs to FRFR systems.

Is it there on headphones?

Some profiles have a background noise, that you only hear when playing quietly - especially as our actual playing changes dependant on how loud we are...to get reduce it, see what the compressor in the amp block is set to. Lowering this can reduce the background noise/hiss/'grit'.

Lastly on the vibration thing...anyone with tube amps knows how infuriating trying to track down a rattle is...especially if its a combo. Have you checked every screw on the baffle, handle, speaker to baffle etc for tightness? ALOT of the time though, its something in the room/on a shelf/etc being excited by the note...

Notes cutting off: there's a noise gate you can insert as a 'stomp', but there is also the global noise gate...have you checked they are both off?

Cheers,

Greg

Over the years I have set it progressively lower and lower...used to be 10K and now I am down to around 8...again...dependant on the gain and harmonic content of the profile/amp.

Cheers,

Greg

If you have an audio interface with enough ins and outs then you can set it as a......hardware insert in your DAW.

Thats what you should google for your particular DAW - and have the latency compensation set to as much as your computer can handle.

If you just want it in line with your kemper then you need decide what you want the compressor to do.

I'd take a look at the pro's and cons for comps before or after your amp...which in this case...is how you want to view kemper...just as an amp :)

Cheers,

Greg

A freqout pedal?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi, great pedal, but it doesn't add note length - in terms of 'infinity'.

It does keep the volume of the note audible for longer - as a comp would - for as long as you are vibrating the string with your finger.

So the OP would need to think do they want the note to be audible for longer with the feedback harmonic element (in which case this is an excellent choice) or do they just want the natural sounding guitar note to be audible whilst played for longer, in which case a comp would be the best bet.

Cheers,

Greg

3 identical performances - in case I stand on page up or page down button by mistake I still get the right patch.

the only one in the browser is the bass transformer 2 from RE. Useful to have quick and easy access for when I need to beat a bassline into the bassists fat head.

I find it annoys/motivates him more when it sounds like a bass :D

Hi,

Depends on budgets - and if you're trying to get something that will work for different applications.

If it is a powered toaster - then get studio monitors, the best you can afford - so that your mixes will also improve. You will then be able to run it into any old cabinet that is provided as backline when you are playing out.

If it is an unpowered toaster, then get a powered FRFR of some sort. You will be able to enjoy it at home and at low volume and also take it with you when you play out :)

Hi, I'll try my best to help - but not entirely sure what it is you are asking?

Live and using the power amp (I used to have the same golden beast as you) you need to have monitor cabinet turned off in your output menu.

This will allow you have the FOH sound with cabinet emulation (from main outs), whilst having it off for your backline signal (monitor out to power amp).

If you are asking how close will a profile of V30s be to the sound coming from your cabinet - well, it will sound like V30's but mic'd up. There are approx one billion profiles containing V30s on the rig exchange and you should use rig manger to lock everything apart from cabinet and scroll through some until you find what you like.

In order to tweak your profiles for FOH - in order of accuracy/best results in my experience:

1. Use a high quality FRFR speaker - as loud as you are permitted.

2. Use high quality studio monitors - in a properly treated room.

3. Use headphones

If you do not have access to these, then my best advice (other than finding someone who does that lives close to you) is to rent a studio for a morning. Profile your amps and cabs - or take a laptop with you and try profiles (either commercial or rig exchange) and do your tweaks there with the help of an engineer.

Best of luck, and let me know if I didn't answer what you were after!

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Jerrold, yes you should hear the same thing back - minus the 'in the moment' feeling that you get when doing a take.

Really great advice on checking the output eqs, but this is only if you are directly connecting to your kemper to your monitors for zero latency tracking using the monitor outs on the kemper, whilst you record your main outputs into your daw. Otherwise, if you are monitoring using your DAW there should be no difference at all.

You don't have something (plugins or external hardware inserts) on your mix or print bus that you don't have on whilst tracking? Often (either due to inexperience or managing latency issues) people add something onto their main or print bus after they got the 'tone' or 'mixed sounds' that they already really like to make it louder etc. But if you are doing that, you need to 'mix into' those plugins - rather than trying to apply it as a 'polish' to what should already be the mixed sound.

Cheers,

Greg