Posts by ShainSTH

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is a quick riff I made last night. I recorded/mixed/mastered.
    I recorded 1 L & R guitar and 1 center guitar track.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Don,

I am sorry about that, I took the direct link out. No need to move.
    I didn't think that referencing where these profiles came from were against the subforum rules.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you to londonjeepster for the nice comment. I tend to make profiles and recordings brighter because I like to subtract high-end rather than add high-end later in the mix.

I made a clip on Soundcloud showing some of the profiles. https://soundcloud.com/shainst…a-pack-sound-examples-raw
    No gain adjustments, just volume control on guitar.

I used an ESP w/EMG-85 into my '04 Mesa Triple Rectifier (new tubes) with a Maxon OD808 into a Line6 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
    Shure SM57
    Audix i5
    Audix D4

I uploaded the 57+/D4, 57/D4+, i5/D4+, and 57/i5/D4 profiles

I hope you enjoy these free profiles! :thumbup:

I got a couple new mics and a new interface recently. I did a few mic shootouts and made of pack of my favorite three mics that I tried.
    Shure SM57 (workhorse)
    Audix i5 (cuts the mix)
    Audix D4 (nice low-end)

I used an ESP w/EMG-85 into my '04 Mesa Triple Rectifier (new tubes) with a Maxon OD808 into a Line6 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
    I only used Channel 3 (modern), but it cleans up very nicely!

I did 19 profiles with different mic levels and such..
    57 (only)
    i5 (only)
    D4(only)
    57/i5 (3 profiles)
    i5/D4 (3 profiles)
    57/D4 (3 profiles)
    57/i5/D4 (7-profiles)

Check the store for this pack, $6.50

Listen to some profiles here
    https://soundcloud.com/shainst…a-pack-sound-examples-raw

Not sure if this thread pertains to free or commercial profiles.
    I named a rig pack of mine in "nickname style". I think that it was easier to identify those profiles like that. Having them named Randall RH150 CH 2 /Mesa Triple Rectifier CH 3, Mod, etc... (dual amp profiles) would be way too long. I think that there is enough room in the amp and cab sections for the details about the rig. I have named profiles in different styles as well, the newest being; R = Rhythm, L = Lead, C = Clean. I also add "STH" to my commercial profiles in order to easily sort them. As mentioned earlier, If you don't like the naming then you can always rename those rigs to whatever suits you. This is just my opinion on the matter of course.

I know I haven't had a lot of involvement and "experience" in the forums but this is my view. All you can really do is post up audio clips (in the mix & solo'd), give information as to what was used/done in profiling, and price the item decently. The profiled tone is completely subjective to the customers opinion. What is brutal and crushing to one person could be fizzy and over compressed to another.
    If you have listened to the clips and like the sound, buy it. If you listened to the audio clips and hate it, don't buy it.

I personally have liked most of the profile audio clips that I have heard from commercial sellers (Sinmix, Armin, Jaymz, Tylerhb). They are all great at what they do and you can find uses for their profiles in different genres and playing styles. I think that all Kemper users should encourage and promote other users rather than bash their productions and efforts (not talking to anyone in particular).

Sorry for the rant but I haven't been "on" the forum for some time.

Thank you to everyone who voted! Check back on the site every week to see which item is on the weekly sale. *note* sale amounts will vary week to week. This first item on sale is the Mesa Triple Rectifier v2.0, which is going to be 15% off for the week.

I haven't tried these profiles yet but I need to say something. I have NEVER come across a profile that I think deserved a 1 star rating (granted I haven't downloaded any profiles within the last 2-3 months). I have played several profiles from r_u_sirius before and I think they all sounded good. I find it pretty demeaning to 1 star something within 5 minutes of having it posted. 5 minutes isn't even enough time to test out the profiles. I wish you the best of luck on these profiles and hope you get some real ratings. I will try them out when I get the chance.

I am curious to know this as well. I have the original white unpowered "lunchbox" model. I've been wanting the powered rack-mounted model since it came out. I don't have near enough money to afford the powered model so I would like to know if the Matrix is close in quality. If it is good enough maybe I can save up for the Matrix.