Posts by Snowbird

welcome snowbird!
    how are you planning to use the kemper?
    live or recording? or just bedroomplaying? are you used to hearing you amps miked up through monitors?

First, thanks to everyone for your welcome and response. You've all convinced me this is the way to go. I'm an at home and jam with friends and backing tracks, Boss DR-880, which is a wonderful piece of gear also. Like having your own bass player and drummer, but without the attitude :D I haven't gigged since my kids were little. I do have a pair of M-Audio BX8 D2 Studio Monitors that I took as part of a trade with a friend, but I've never plugged them in. Will they work ok with the Kemper? I play straight through a couple amps (VibroKing, Princeton Reverb and Mesa Lone Star Special). Is there that much difference between the amp and Kemper through Studio Monitors?

How about suggestions on where to buy a Kemper? Does anyone offer discounts you know of? How about used? What is the warranty and is it on the unit itself, or is it only for the original buyer?

Thanks

Hey Snowbird,

great post and I think the fact that you carry that decision one year with you shows that you have great intereset in the KPA. I can see your doubts but with the KPA it actually depends more on you how complicated the handling is gonna be.
    By that I mean that you can simply browse the profiles that come with the Kemper or add new profiles via usb and adjust the sound with the amp eq. just like you are used to it. On the other hand you can dive in deeper and change cabinets, use parameters a normal amp wouldn't have usually and stuff like that.
    But the presets are very good and you can get a great sound with some basic tweaking. So I'd go for it. Like I said the KPA can be a complicated unit if you are new to the technology but the basic stuff works like with every other piece of gear and also if you already had the XT then I'm sure you'll handle the KPA. Plus this forum is very friendly and supportive here so if you have any questions people will help you here.

I never did get a handle on the Line 6 XT. I thought it was extremely difficult to set up and get around on. Not to mention how bad it sounded, very hifi sounding. I really like the idea of having this forum to come to for help. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. You guys will get sick of me in no time. ?(

New member and first post. I'm 65 years young and have been a tube amp man for 40 plus years. I've steered clear of modelers ever since I tried the Line 6 XT Live when it first came out. I hated it! So, it's been tube amps and stomp boxes.

I've been reading and watching youtube videos on the Kemper for the better part of a year. First, I think it sounds darn good. I also think it would be a good solution for my 6 months up north and my six months in Florida every winter. I can't afford multiple amps for both locations and I don't have the room.

Now to my fears about the Kemper. First, for other tube amp guys like myself, does the Kemper satisfy you? Is it really that close to the feel and tone of the tube amp it's profiled from? Now for my fear. I can twist knobs on amps and stomp boxes and get what I want. I'm afraid of the other settings and controls that I've read about in the different forums. Lots of updates also and it seems like there are usually a couple issues that come with the new updates. I've read some of the manual and there are terms that I have no idea what they are talking about. Is there a lot of tweaking and diving into different menu's to pull the best out of the different rigs. I'll stop there. I think you guys get the idea of my concerns. To sum it up, I guess I'm afraid of technology. Not that I'm stupid and can't learn, but from my background, do you think I'm over thinking this? or are my concerns real? By the way, it took me three tries to sign up for this forum. LOL