Posts by mdeeRocks

I have it on good authority that Line 6 plans to buy out Kemper and absorb the profiling technology into its Helix family of products. Profiling will now be authorized through paid Profile Tokens. Amps, stomps, and cabs will be sold individually through the cloud. Premium artist packs will be available through a paid monthly subscription service. That's what this year's NAMM announcement is all about.

Source: Ultimate Metal forums

Don't even f-kn joke about it :)

There is definitely a difference in tone when using different picks. Thickness and material matter the most IMO. There are no other digital devices I've owned/tried which would react as realistically to the pick as Kemper though, so for someone coming from pure digital world it may be a (nice) surprise.

Just jamming/trying some random ideas, so it prolly won't make much sense to you :) Really monster amp, sounds just like my original 68 Plexi, but without bleeding from ears.., hmm,.. I had it damn loud tho :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think in this case is more like.. "let's implement nev reverbs.. how long it will take to get them perfect, a couple of weeks? 6 months later..". I see CK and Kemper team more like a prog rock band than anything else. They just work until it's done and perfect. I don't think the development over there is that much affected by marketing - user feedback, yes, definitely, but marketing, not much. There is too much pragmatic innovation going on, instead of writing useless mobile apps and adding 4k rez touch displays with youtube built in.

Had a chance to play them today, cranked loud, these are really good, non-nonsense profiles. I own Kraken VX and the profiles sound like amp (well, one of 100s settings you can get from real thing). A couple of rigs have low shit on the cab and pure cab on. Most of them sound like flat EQ settings, so twist the knobs.

and again.. crank the hell out of them, there is no point of playing guitar when one can hear the strings ringing acoustically.

Yeah. Give them different pick they will sound even more different. I have heard some drastic differences in tone on exactly the same gear more often than not. All digital amps so far masked this a lot, except Kemper. I know a couple of people who never used a tube amp and it took them a quite long time to adjust to a tube amp/Kemper.

The best way to improve the tone is to practice more. That's all.

Boss just re-released the Dimension (Waza)!

I still would like it implemented in the Kemper. Not big effect user, but Dimension is pretty much on every other record released in 80s and 90s :) Sounds amazing, still.

Demo mode in rig manager would require Kemper to be involved formally in 3rd party commercial profiles business. Can't speak for them, so who knows, but I have a feeling it will never happen - it would be a crazy business decision.

Back on topic, I've never ran into a profile which would sound drastically different to what I have heard in a demo (after accounting for differences in playing technique, guitar and listening equipment, in that order)

Set up your tube amp for a Strat with Lace Sensors and ash body and ask your friend to plug a Gibson in, then play it. Or even a different Strat. Or, if you pick like wimp because you never played a tube amp, only modellers/software which react like guitar synth (not Kemper or very few others), it will not sound right.

The difference a) player b) guitar makes is massive. Profiler models that very well.

embarrassing ........ nothing else. Like the 1980s 19" effects, turning knobs, holding switches ...... and with better display back in the 1980s! My 100,- EUR printer got a better display ...... touch display!

Hook up your guitar to your printer then. I am sure you will get better tone.