Posts by Hannes_ITS

I installed the Public Beta of the 2.0.0 version and then wanted to install the 2.0.1. version but when I put the update on my stick and connected it to the kemper it didn´t recognize that a new version was on the stick (I deleted the other kaos file from the stick). Does anyone know how I can install the 2.0.1 version?

Cheers

I really like the Idea of a more detailed rig-hub. However I think if you use a wiki (as lightbox already said) without having to log in would be even better and would be something extremely cool. (Just think about that - a own wiki for kemper profiles with a lot of different filter methods for different genres, different ratings, cabs, amps, mic´s etc. That would be extremely killer!)

So keep on improving that great Idea! :thumbup:

According to the equipment listing in the video they used an U87 mike on the recto cab. Since most people like a SM57 with it´s mid hump with recto cabs, the LDC mike will make a big difference here. You can try my cab pack since i also used a LDC with the recto cab. Combine with an amp that has a high definition value and try which cab works best for you. The guitar sound on that recording also seems to be quad tracked which adds more of that "sawing" tone. The player also used a more "Djent" playing style with the palm of the right hand positioned a little more towards the neck.

Alright, gonna try that! Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

Hi there,
    one of my favourite bands recently released their first album and the guitar sound was just amazing, since then I was on the lookout for that particular sound. I know the guitarist used a Bogner Uberschall with a Mesa Cab - so I tried a bunch of profiles but none of them were even close to the sound. I realize that probably a lot happend in the post prod but it would still be great to get that sound. So now I figured I might just ask here in the forum because some of you might actually have heard that kind of sound before and know which profile gets close to it.

Here is one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_3Zy3gdDA

Anyhow - thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ps: I don´t know if this is the right sub-forum to ask that question ?( - if it is the wrong one - I´m horribly sorry, please let me know!

Awesome, thanks a LOT for those great suggestions! I´m gonna go right ahead and check those out!

Hi there,
    I became a Kemper user today actually and I´m already quite in love with it. I got the black-ish version without the power amp. I play mostly (death) metal and I´m quite sure the kemper is the amp I´ve been waiting for my whole musical-life. So yeah, I´m really looking forward to become a member of the KPA community and have a lot of fun with my KPA.

My Gear:
    Jackson DK2S Dinky
    ESP LTD. MH-1000
    (and my AMP - which I had to sell in order to get the Kemper - was a Peavy 6505+ 112 Combo)

I´m mainly for the lookout for great metal profiles and all that other fun stuff.
    Anyhow - great to finally be a part of this and I´m just gonna go right into the forum and read through a bunch of threads!

Cheers!
    Oh, yeah, almost forgot this - I also play in a one-man band, if you feel like checking it out go right ahead: http://www.facebook.com/infectingtheswarm