Posts by lef38

Don, i'll put a Kemper sample as soon as I can set it up.

Quitty, I'm using the HD500 , and with the kemper i'm only using factory rigs at the moment.

Thanks all for the feedback

Thanks for the insight, it was useful.

I assume this is a Recto or a 5150 model on the Pod?

well spotted ! It was the dual rectifier model.

The only thing, is when I use this model with my DT25 (the line6 25w tube amp that works with the pod), I don't hear this frequency at all.
    The sound is sweet, perfect, but too loud for my neighbours 8o

During lunch time i could try some input settings, and the distorted sense *seems* to be helpful here.
    I would appreciate any tutorial for input settings, as the manual doesn't tell much.

Thx but the sample is just here to describe what i'm talking about, i.e. an annoying frequency.
    The problem is the same with my kemper.
    I might be able to do a sample with the kemper, but i'm not able (yet) to EQ it out, so i won't be able to outline the difference.

As you said, maybe i just need to adjust my input settings. Is there any good tutorial about this ?

Hi !

Just received my new Kemper and completed my first session.
    All in all, i found it to be a fantastic unit, but there is still one issue that is annoying me.
    In all overdriven / distorted tones , I can hear a frequency that seems wrong to me :
    call it metallic, nasal, whatever, it's hard to describe for me, so I have created a
    sample with and without the frequency. You'll see what I mean by hearing the difference:

https://soundcloud.com/lef38/test-eq

The sample starts with the annoying frequency present, then without, then with again, then without.

Disclaimer: this sample has been made with a pod, because I already knew how to record
    and EQ out a frequency with it, but it is demonstrating exactly the problem I have with the kemper.

My question is simple : is it normal and how to get rid of it ?

Thanks !

Well I just receive my unit, will try it with my POD as a foot controller.
    I might not sell my POD finally, if I can use it as an effect loop, looper , and additional FX...
    BTW they're launching a new pod called POD HD500 X, but I don't think Kemper corp has anything to worry about it ;)

Hi,
    I am a bit confused on the matter of power amplifiers. Here is a picture of the setup with the camplifier:

[Blocked Image: http://www.kpa-solutions.com/w…typ/camplifier-360kpa.jpg]

Why don't they use the Kemper Master Output Left / Right ?
    With the above setup , we're losing the effects loop, correct ?
    And is that real stereo ?? I mean , does the Kemper send the right path in direct out, and the left path in monitor out ?

On the other hand, this guy is amplifying via the master L/R outputs,
    the Kemper is linked to a Behringer Power amp below (http://www.tonymckenzie.com/kemper-amps-review.htm):

[Blocked Image: http://www.tonymckenzie.com/Si…er-amp-wiring-to-4x12.jpg]

So what are the pros and cons of both ways ?

Thanks for your answers, can't wait to receive my unit ! DocLine6, looks like I'm following your path ;)

What tricks or effects are used to produce brillant stereo FX ?

Adding a delay after the kemper will not free up a spot because the delay and reverb spots are fixed slots and can not be changed.

I mean, adding a real pedal (hardware). I see no reason why I couldn't but who knows...

Hi!

I'm a new user from France, and will be soon one of yours.
    I want to move from POD HD + DT to a Kemper Amplified, and have some questions:

1) Is it true the Kemper powerhead cannot do stereo (I have a 2x12 Cab) ?

2) If I buy either the lunchbox + camplifier , or the rack + Matrix GT1000, I'll be able to do stereo ?

3) In such a case can I add an effect pedal, such as a delay or an EQ, between the kemper and the amplifier, so I have actually additional effect loops ?

4) Inside the kemper is it possible to apply an effect only to either the left or right path to make nice stereo effects ?

5) What is the minimum delay time for Kemper delays (Pod it was 20 ms) ?

Looking forward to your answers , thanks !