Posts by SgtPepper

What I find interesting here is that we have a true professional touring musician in need of service now not Monday ....He's frustrated and with good cause. But instead of using your direct contacts that I'm sure some of you have for this guy you berate him because he say bad things about your beloved one . What hypocrisy.... Unfortunately I am not one of the inner circle people. I can only hope one of these Guys within the inner circle put in a little effort on this professionals need and do something other than complain about him complaining.
    I could care less what you think of me ...
    Help him....

Tritium wrote:
    " Do you want Christoph Kemper to come over and give you a hug? Because, I think you need one."

Sorry guys can't pass this one up! Just a bloody quip!

" No but there's something else he can do for me ! "

Forgive me for I have Kemperaniously sinned.

Sure man .... And if and when the Kemper Sun shines... Not only will I publicly take back my diatribe but I'll spring for beer and pizza for the Kemper programming team .... Maybe my intentions and motives are greatly misunderstood . I do want Kemper to be the overall best piece of gear in its class. What I have seen is more effort being placed on the footcontroler and less excluding Pure Cab which is present in 3.02 Which I do appreciate but it seems for the most part the core of the product is being severly neglected. That being said .... You say 4.0 will be worth the wait so until the fat Kemper Lady has sung .
    Cheers

One last tis bit.....
    Nice marketing goobly gok!
    Maybe you should understand the difference
    Between MIPS and MFLOPS .
    Advantages of 32bit floating point vs 24 bit fixed point as it pertains to headroom double percussion filtering all that stuff you seemed to have missed.

Using a Linux based MCU was not a real good choice. How long has this product been out and your programmers can't cut the fat out of the initialization process. So much for the STATE machine approach.... Geeeeez

But let's not get to technical here ... The kids are listening....

That last point I will give an Amen too!
    One minor thing however...
    If all the firmware after 3.02 has been plagued with unpredictable anomalies that seem hard to re-create or find a viable solution for...
    What makes you believe for one second that 4.0 if we see it in any of our lifetimes is not going to carry with it more of the same unpredicable things that has paralyzed any meaning progress...

I have said and I will say it one last time so that it is easy to understand ...

I too like everyone else in this forum purchased the KPA for the same reason. The Preamp!
    Undeniably one of the best in the planet.
    But there are others playing in the same sandbox that provide a good tone and feel as well. The KPA has the single edge up in the cloning department. If you guys wanted to embelish that attribute the logical extension would be distortion pedal cloning.
    But I digress....
    Instead of beating down on me for pointing the obvious ... Why not offer an insight into what is comming and where the team is at achieving the goals. Btw your news page says sometime in the middle of Febuary ... Yes you are correct no mention of what year that will be....

Anyway I really dont expect any great revelations from Kemper anytime soon.

Yes I will continue to use the KPA for the preamp and most likely get something for effects... Just hoped Kemper would have stepped up their game or at the very least made some meaningful upgrade releases.
    But they are "Free" after all....
    You got what you paid for.... Be grateful the all might Kemper allowed you to purchase such awesomeness!

I think that pretty much sums up the Kemper philisophy and pretty much everyone's comments.

I bought the Kemper for the Awesome tone!

Who cares if it has subpar effects and it crashes every now and then and does inexplcable things when you least expect it to and loses high end , locks up .....

All you gotta do is restart it wait over a minute and then you might be ready to get that awesome tone back ... But wait it gets better.
    With every new release your previous performance presets get trashed and then you have to redo them all again ... Yeah that's awesome too...

Wow it looks promising ....
    I'll stick with 3.02 and deal with only a few digital demons...

3.02 is as good as the KPA will ever be and it will be years until they work the bugs out of a remote they should have never done. As a result nothing will move forward. It wont be until they release a second generation design that any other advancements will be realized.

That is the unfortunant truth. So all you guys who bought this thinking it was going to evolve are going feel a little sick when this comes to pass. So your Abosolutely right ..,,
    You better have laid your money down for the Pre-amp cloning algorithm and like it because that's as good as this piece of hardware is going to get.

So you can all trash me ...

But wait until you find out that I'm right! PT Barnum was right!

Cheers!
    Good day!

Your a true cheerleader.
    Both the Axe and the Helix are moving forward and in their own right surpass the flexibity of routing as well as their effects. I don't think their going to abandend the R+D anytime soon while Kemper plays catch up. It seems you guys have blinders on and ignore that you have any competion.
    Like I have said I love the Kpa Pre-amp ...

I guess I am expecting to much ... Right?

Kemper will never actually admit to any shortcomings ...

You choose to ignore them...and act as if the product is superior in all respects.

Instead of fixing basic functionality that all other MI products have instituted for many years you do absolutelty nothing.

That's too bad for you....
    I'm just saying if you want to hang your hat on the fabulous one trick pony wonder... That's fine.. Don't pretend or give anyone the hopes it will be anything more than that one incredible thing!

That's all InGolf.

Dear Kemperains,

I'm glad to see you are all lucid and prepared to add your two cents. Yes may be I could have stated my case more elegantly. There hasn't been a major step forward since 3.02. Then to have Kemper dangle the 4.0 carrot from the NAMM podium to be released sometime in "February" only to see 3.3 with " a few fixes " yes this is very disappointing ! Consider Kempers whole sales pitch of "Frequent updates " with " Free " attached to that. Don't get me wrong here the Pre-amp is but far excellent. If that all there was to this product and it was sold on that one premise then there would be no argument. But it was advertised that what you were making an investment in was a world class device. Kemper has yet to deliver the basic par in respect to everything else other than the Pre-amp. I am not a troll . I am a KPA owner that expected Kemper to live up to their claims. Nothing less.. Axe and Helix both have better routing and effects than the KPA. Does anyone here dispute that! Basic things like pedal assignments to any parameter which are standard assumed features are missing. Delay and Reverbs are
    Meh.... Then to only release 3.3...? When 4.0 was hailed at Namm for a February release. Well technically they still have time... If everyone is content to watch the competition rise and surpass. Yes the KPA is not infallible.
    Despite the KPA Pre-amp which I too am a big can of. The truth is Axe and Helix both are very good in that department as well. The problem is that in all other areas the Axe and the Helix excell. I would like Kemper to surpass them!
    That's all... Don't promise a world you can't deliver on. Could it be my fellow Kemperians that the hardware lacks the memory and processing power to meet the challenge?
    If this is the case then Kemper should make it known. Then the owners can decide for themselves whether to move on. If the KPA can't equal or better in that category admit to the limitations and fix what can be fixed like the common pedal controller assignments .
    Burkhard I sincerely apologize for taking my frustrations about this out on you.

If all of you are content ... I rest my case....

We all own a very expensive cloning Pre-amp that does that one thing wonderfully and should be grateful for any other improvements If they ever come to pass...

I guess I just have to get used to settling for less.

Best regards...

3.22 are you kidding all the KPA owners that have patienty waited while being told one fairy tail after another that good things were coming? Its been waaaay too long boys...
    I think a lot of us are ready to jump ship as your continous lies are getting old.
    Burkhard is a programmer that can't it right.
    Kemper find one that does soon or you will find yourself without any customers.
    If anyone reading this is a little pissed about the lack of firmware stabibility and features now's the time to chime in.
    This in a word Bloooows!

3.22 are you kidding all the KPA owners that have patienty waited while being told one fairy tail after another that good things were coming? Its been waaaay too long boys...
    I think a lot of us are ready to jump ship as your continous lies are getting old.
    Burkhard is a programmer that can't it right.
    Kemper find one that does soon or you will find yourself without any customers.
    If anyone reading this is a little pissed about the lack of firmware stabibility and features now's the time to chime in.
    This in a word Blooookws

Hello Fellow Kemperians,
    Unfortunately in my opinion sending your dumps are not going to solve this issue... Why you say ?
    Because these reports began springing up right around V3.12 and obviously are still present. Why is this relevant ?
    It is my opinion from the standpoint of substantial experience in this subject that the problem exists in the actual firmware Assembly program output.
    In other words " Program mapping Errors ! " It is not a preset parameter variable problem ! Any good programmer would have checks in place to limit values and check for valid parameters....
    Now we get into the murky grey depths of programming madness.... What I feel we have here is several possibilities.

1. Memory Overlap caused by a rouge uninitialized pointer or (M) boundary register.
    2. Compiler error
    3. Midi Stack Overflow
    4. Memory leak caused by a missing (return) or some syntax error that was not caught which is blowing up the stack pointer !

Why do I think this? It is logical to assume if it was a typical program bug ... More people if not all that have updated to any of these versions would be complaining.
    The fact that these things are being reported in a random nature leads me to my suspicions.....
    I will admit from a programmers view we would like the job to be made easier if the users can provide a do A+B+C to reveal the bug! For UI stuff and general repeatable bugs this is great.
    But for random bugs like this .... Its a completely different ballgame ... If the programmer is relatively (Green) Less than 10 years experience ... There is going to be problems like this in every release moving forward !
    Mr Kemper needs to get into the bowels of this personally .. comb the program .... Compare the V3.02 (Last true stable version) to 3.12 , 3.13 or even 3.14 confirm the program output , New code , anything that has changed .... I am trying to help you guys here... This needs to be addressed and solved definitively with an absolute resolution. Otherwise the JENGA affect is going to cause some severe reputation damage moving forward. Hope this wakes someone up at wheel. Thanks

Let me enlighten everyone to what the Variax actually is or was.....

Its a clever repackaging of a good piezo pickup combined with DSP SIGNAL PROCESSING mostly EQ curves....
    So great you have presets to call up that have been tweeked for good or bad to resemble the tonal aspects and gain of different pickups and what the impression of these pickups sounded like on the so called instrument models.

Now actually this should be very easy for Kemper to do also .... The only fly in the oinment is having a control subject.

If KEMPER were to offer a custom piezo pickup that the Kemper front end dsp eq was tweeked for to produce similar "XYZ Guitar / Pickup " results then you could have presets designed for said piezo....

So that I have stated this idea completely to also have a blending interface with selector using midi or hek why not wireless midi that could be say installed into a stratocaster pickguard there would be parody if not better. Just sayin ....

ose L1 Model II with the Bose Tonematch

Bose L1 Model II with the Bose Tonematch

Talk about timing .... and good luck on your part .... I too own a BOSE L1 MODEL II and although my avatar says Beginner the only thing that makes me this is that this is first time I have looked over the forum... Otherwise what I am about to tell you try and do is from many years of experience as a musician and as an engineer. I am doing exactly what you are planning to do with the Bose setup..... Okay now the good stuff .... First off let me say that the Bose L1 MODEL II is outstanding ! With that said the BOSE " TONEMATCH " is the L1 MODEL II worst enemy ! Let me elaborate as I have one of those less than stellar things sitting collecting dust.... First off the good of the tone match is the ability to store presets ... whoopee ding..... The bad thing is the input pre-amps are terrible most likely using smd caps and resistors which after that analog audio quality downgrade then sucked into the the digital domain to be forever lost too the whim of the the a-d conversion ----Processing algorithms ----and spit out the d-a digitally to the L1 MODEL II... So your first impression might have been this sounds pretty good..... Now if your satisfied with pretty good ..... save yourself the time of reading any more of this... BUUUUUUT if you want totally awesome to be the standard I am about to send you to sonic heaven ..... Which will be the best @$250.00 you have ever spent on your live music system..... But first lets do a comparison....

What I would like to do is this ......
    1.Set up a preset up on the Kemper that you think sounds pretty good on the Tonematch mixer and take a good listen and get familiar with how it sounds in your room.....
    2. Now remove the tone match from the L1 MODEL II .
    3. Connect the Kempers 1/4 main output into the Bose L1's ANALOG input ! Let the angels begin to sing ! There should be no contest .... The TONEMATCH mixer is a self defeating HI pass filter that sucks the life out of your music. Still not convinced ? Time for some hard core reality...... If you have backing tracks or a music player repeat this experiment using one channel of it..... Again a total Sonic improvement revelation.....
    The solution that makes the Bose L1 MODEL II shine like a diamond......

I suggest you purchase an Allen and Heath ZED 10FX mixer ! They are around $250.00 USD is outstanding ! The EQ is top notch .... HP SHELF MID PARAMETRIC LP SHELF.
    You can twiddle the Tone Match until your head spins and it will never even come close to the fat and warm sound the ALLEN and HEATH delivers.....

Without a doubt that Allen and Heath mixer with the Bose L1 Model II is the absolute best sounding compact system I have ever heard..... Period ....

Get one from a source with a 30 day return and try it .... You'll be selling your Tonematch mixer the day after you get the Allen and Heath going.
    FYI: The ZED 10 has a built in effects buss .... In my situation I use outboard effects .... Nevertheless the price of admission for the mixer is worth every penny..... !
    Let me know what you discover.