Posts by Lokasenna

I've seen other devices have a "thickener" or a "thinner-er" feature to make single coils sound more humbucker-y and humbuckers sound more like single coils. This seems to be mostly an EQ and microscopic fixed phase shift trick... but it might be a nice-to-have tone block for the stomps section.

An all-in-one "adjust your guitar's tone" stomp would be nice. Stuff like twang, sustain, maybe even fret/string noise for acoustic patches, etc.

Since a profile is just data... I don't recall if I mentioned this before - but being able to proportionally blend two profiles into a new third profile would be wicked. While we are at it - why not create an algorithm for capturing one clean profile and one dirty profile of an amp and allow the KPA to track through the middle - instead of adding or subtracting hypothetical gain, actually move into interpolated tones... again - wicked if you can put anything you want in the from and to ends of the scale.

I've been thinking the same thing. Yes please.

Am I the only one who is happy to get rid of those unneccesary huge guitar amp heads? the toaster looks so much cooler :D

The size has never bothered me too much, but the weight can definitely be a pain in the ass. However, being able to fit a toaster, power supply, power amp, wireless, and whatever fancy crap you might need for your foot controller in one case is a big plus to me.

You can set the KPA so that the wah only turns on when you move the expression pedal.

^ One of those things that you'd never think of, but then you try it, and it's absolutely amazing.

Sadly, I've got a 95Q Crybaby that does the same thing, so my Kemper setup may or may not end up having a pedal for wah.

Anyway, compared to your Hammett wah, the big advantage would be all of the different settings you can tinker with - the curve of the pedal, the frequency range, etc, where the Hammett is stuck with one tone.

Depending on what Kemper I end up getting, I've thought about making a guitar head-sized case, with the toaster in the center, and then a partition on either side for mounting a small power conditioner (Furman AC215, for instance) and a power amp like the ISP Stealth or Crate Powerblock. Cover the two sides with some grill cloth and it'd look damn close to the picture up top.

1. You need to make sure the cabinet is actually wired for stereo, if that's what you're going for. Does the plate with the jacks say anything? If it's "Left" and "Right", you're good, but if it's something like "In" and "Out" you'll need to do some rewiring.

2. You want the stereo setting on the Matrix.

3. On the back of the Kemper, run two 1/4" patch cables from the Left and Right main outputs to the two inputs on the Matrix. Run two 1/4" SPEAKER cables from the Matrix's two outputs to the two jacks on your cabinet. *ONLY DO THIS IF THE CAB IS WIRED IN STEREO OR YOU'LL PROBABLY BLOW SOMETHING UP*

*Someone correct me if this is wrong. I haven't done it personally*

The Kemper should be sending a program change message out, so if you were to plug a MIDI Y-cable in to the KPA's Midi Out, with one end running to your FCB and one running to the Strymon pedals, and then set up your rig numbers and Strymon patches to have the same numbers, that should do the trick.

I think.

... of a tube amplifier. ;)

The profile is supposed to be identical to the original, regardless of what you're profiling - a crappy solid state amp should sound the same when it's profiled, and ideally any modeller should follow suit. You could definitely fiddle with the Kemper's profile settings, like Sag and Pick Attack, to try and get more of a tubelike sound, but that's after the fact.

If it did, then technically the Kemper would be doing a crappy job of profiling - it's supposed to be matching the original tone. Since Christoph has said that it might not work perfectly with modellers/VSTs, you *might* hear a difference that you end up liking better, but if you do it's just like how some people prefer the "warmth" of vinyl, which is technically just distortion.

Reference Manual, Stack Section, EQ

It's for setting the frequency bands of your EQ knobs, for matching the knobs on the real amp if you want, etc.

The problem with this idea, as people have said elsewhere, is that a non-profiling Kemper would still be basically the same thing. The profiling process is using the same hardware and computery stuff as playing through it afterward, so there isn't really much that you could remove.

I think the only way you could really downsize would be to start removing buttons, some of the extra ins and outs, maybe the USB/Ethernet jacks, etc, which would definitely work for a floorboard unit, but I doubt the manufacturing cost would be much lower.