Posts by BenEllerGuitars

Hey guys! So i just installed 3.0, hoping to get those new DI/Merged profiles. I just read in another thread that i had to go under "system" and choose "load factory rigs" to actually get them; so i did that, and the Kemper restarted. But now i can't find them!

Before i loaded the factory content, i had about 940 profiles; when i started it back it, it had like 1204, which i didn't even know was possible. If i go under "last imported", it brings up all 1204 of my profiles for some reason. Ugh.

How can i find those spiffy new profiles?

Hey guys! So here's the deal... I was playing aboard Shiprocked with my cover band (we are Andy Wood's band, but he couldn't make the gig due to his new position with Rascall Flatts!) . Everything was sounding fantastic. I was using the new Ace DI profiles and they sounded killer. I have a non-powered rack mount kemper, and I was powering it with a Marshall jcm900. We were doing one of the all-star jams the boat does, and we had Corey Glover from Living Color onstage with us doing Superstitious and Separate Ways... And right in the middle of Separate Ways, my signal just completely drops out. Nothing coming out at all. It didn't happen during a channel change or anything, just there one second and gone the next. I immediately do a cable check to make sure nothing popped out, no problems there... I noticed whenever I was hitting my strings, the input light in the front of the kemper wasn't lighting up at all! It's like it wasn't even receiving signal from the guitar at all.

I shut the kemper down, waited a second, then restarted (all the while the tune is crashing and burning). Still nothing!!! Second restart, I'm back in action (albeit extremely embarrassed and nervous about my rig) and the rest of the gig went fine.

This is making me EXTREMELY nervous about gigging with my profiler!!! I obviously can't have 2-3 minutes of down time mid-song. This happened one time at home a while back, and I just thought it was a fluke and installed the newest software. Apparently it wasn't a one-time thing.

I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but my kemper is pretty well maxed out as far as memory goes. Don't know if that affects anything.

Please please help. I want to continue using my profiler for all my live work with Andy Wood and the other gigs I do.

Hey guys! Okay, here's the story...

a little while back, i borrowed an FCB1010 with an UNO chip from a friend. It behaved wonderfully! It changed my patches in performance mode, i was able to turn effects on and off within the patch using the top row of buttons, and the volume/wah pedals worked great. I did several gigs with it and decided to get my own.

So, i went on Ebay recently and bought an FCB1010 that was already modded with the UNO chip. I am playing some gigs on the Shiprocked cruise next week with my cover band, so i HAVE to have this footswitch working! I just tried out the FCB i bought, and some weird stuff is going on. i need help FAST, i'm hitting panic mode.

For one, when i turn the FCB on, i get no notification on the face of the Kemper that says "UNO footboard connected!" or whatever its supposed to say. Nothing at all.

In performance mode, i can use the bottom row to change between 5 different patches. That's good at least. The top row of buttons does NOT turn effects on and off, though; they all just throw me into patch #6, or a completely random different bank.

The volume and wah pedals do nothing.

I just opened the FCB up, disconnected the UNO chip, and then reconnected the UNO chip, just to make sure everything was connected like it should be. Same stuff is happening, though. I did the factory reset by holding 1 and 6 while starting the power up, and it didn't change anything.

PLEASE help if you have any idea what this could be!!!

My cab doesn't have anything on there about Left or Right, or IN/OUT. It just says 8 ohms... hmm....
    Is it okay for me to go from the Monitor output of the kemper to the input A of the Matrix, then from OUtput A of the Matrix to my cab? Will it matter that i'm only using one side of the power amp?

Okay! So I got a matrix gt800fx power amp the other day, and I want to make sure I'm rigging everything up correctly... It is an 800 watt (400 per side) power amp. I am wanting to run it into my avatar 2x12 cab. The cab has two inputs, and is 8 ohms. When running heads with it in the past, I've always just plugged into one of the inputs, never tried both.
    The matrix has two input, a and b. there is a switch for stereo, parallel, or bridged operation. There are two outputs labeled a and b. How should I be rigging this all up? And is there any way I could do this wrong and accidentally damage my amp? Thanks!

I was growing around the board here last night and noticed a few people who had their Kempers freeze up because they had the auto load feature on and they were quickly scrolling through rigs. I'll try turning that off and see if it help. I also enabled my PM's on here, so if that doesn't fix it I will contact Don.
    Thank you all for the help so far! Really cool to see mr Kemper himself talking with his customers.

Hey guys! A week ago the wait was finally over and i received my Kemper Rack! So awesome. I was instantly in love. Waiting on my power amp to come in, so for the moment i'm just playing through headphones or a powered Mackie monitor speaker.
    As soon as i got my Kemper, my buddies gave me all their profiles, maxing my unit out with 999 rigs! Yikes! I've since waded through a couple and its now at like 985.
    A day or so after i got my Kemper, the output suddenly dropped out while i was changing patches. There was a message on the screen that read "DSP Error". No sound would come out at all, and the knobs ceased to function. This has happened twice now.
    Earlier today, i was changing patches and suddenly all that was coming through my monitor was a high pitched squealing/humming sort of sound. The only way i could get rid of it was to turn my Kemper off.
    And just a second ago, i had been playing for about 30 minutes. I laid down my guitar for about 5 minutes, and when i came back, there was no output at all. The input light was flashing when i'd hit my guitar, and the tuner worked... but i was getting no sound from my monitor or headphones.
    My buddy suggested that its just due to how many profiles i have on here and that i needed to thin it down to like 600 to keep things running smoothly. Is that the case? What should i do here? Thank you all!

That is truly awesome! Wow!
    I gotta say though.... I feel a little shaky about the notion of hauling off my speaker cabinet and paying through a PA speaker! Haha I had no idea I was apparently so old fashioned until faced with that prospect! How strange. I guess that for as long as I've played live music, I have been using a tube head through a big bulky guitar speaker cabinet, and it's just hard for me to believe something else out there will work even better! But I'm VERY open to the idea, I want to believe!
    So let's be clear... If I bought a NON POWERED Kemper, and a Yamaha Dxr 10, I could show up at any gig and use it for guitar OR bass... And even though it's just one 10 inch speaker, I would be able to crank the living shit out of it with guitar OR bass, loud enough to keep up with a metal drummer and other guitarists using traditional rigs?
    REALLY?!?
    Haha thanks again guys, make a believer out of me!

Hey there!
    I am set on buying a Kemper of some sort... whether it be the Powered version or the regular one + a power amp will be a result of which would be best straight into my Avatar 2x12! I see many people using a regular Kemper + a powered monitor, and it seems like some people are using the powered Kemper with a FRFR speaker. I would MUCH prefer to keep my Avatar 2x12. Its been good to me, plus i let another guitarist in my band use it for shows and stuff.
    So what am i best off doing? Buying a powered Kemper and plugging straight into my cab? Or a non-powered one and pairing it with a separate power amp, like a Matrix or something?
    Or will i just never be happy unless i buy an FRFR speaker setup? Please help!