Posts by patvalley

The Player offers the Tranpose in its Rig Settings.

This can be controlled via Sysex: controller MSB 4, controller LSB 4, value range 28-100.

The format of the Sysex comands is explained in the dedicated KEMPER PROFILER MIDI Parameter Documentation .

Hey Burkhard, thanks so much for this tip here. I was just able to get my Morningstar MC8 to control rig transpose values on the Player, which helps me cut down on a few redundant transposed rigs I have loaded on it. :thumbup:

I definitely agree that this function needs to be looked at. I think it's more important to protect reference pitch from changing mid-show than the ability to make quick reference pitch changes.

I don't intend to hijack your thread, but rather, support it, with what I believe is a related issue I experienced at a show (Rack & Remote) and reported to Support in mid-2022:

If the tuner's Reference Pitch knob gets moved (accidentally and without the user's knowledge) and then the Remote is used to deactivate/activate the tuner, then the "OK" soft button intended to confirm any Reference Pitch changes is bypassed and the new reference pitch automatically goes into effect.

For such an important function like this, I believe any new Reference Pitch confirmation needs to be rock-solid. The "OK" soft button to lock in a new Reference Pitch value IS a good plan, and I think that makes a lot of sense- but only if that step is unable to be bypassed.

I’m not using an Airstep controller it is a Luminite Graviton M1, it has USB A and C ports, the C port is designed to be midi port but that could be different on others.

I have USB A port on the Kemper Player to USB C port in controller.

The controller has the option set for'Device to Computer' selected in the M1 USB Midi settings selected.I don’t know if that is unique to the Luminite M 1 or other devices offer that kind of functionality also.

Is the M1 working well for you for selecting rigs, bank up/down, etc.? I believe I read a post from you about that controller previously and it looks exactly like what I'd want to try with the Player.

I'm glad to see the small form factor, and I know it'll sound great, but so far, I'm mainly trying to wrap my head around the differences between the Rack and this since I'd plan on using this as a backup/fly rig. This list looks like a good starting point. Another few differences:

- No Morph

- No Parallel Path or DLY+REV Routing

- No Natural Reverb (replaced by Easy Reverb)

And more on data compatibility from the Player manual (page 137):

A device like this is my #1 request from Kemper. For me, it would serve as a backup for my rack rig and as my primary rig for fly dates when I’m carrying minimal gear.

Some folks dismiss this idea, saying it would be too expensive to manufacture in Germany to have a Tonex-level MSRP, but I don’t think it should be that inexpensive; perhaps just a little cheaper than the Stage as an alternative form factor. Currently, I have to go outside of the Kemper ecosystem to get that, and I’d much rather stay consistent with my tones and programming.

One issue I see with this one is that the Performance mode is heavily built on 5 rigs per bank, so I think they’d have to squeeze that fifth switch on there somewhere to stay compatible with their existing products.

Hey there,

Earlier this summer, I ran into an issue with my Rack & Remote at a show. I already submitted a support ticket regarding this, but I wanted to post publicly about it as well as a heads up to other users to be on the lookout for this.

If the tuner's Reference Pitch knob gets moved (accidentally and without the user's knowledge) and then the Remote is used to deactivate/activate the tuner, then the "OK" soft button intended to confirm any Reference Pitch changes is bypassed and the new reference pitch automatically goes into effect.

This video that I uploaded to Dropbox displays what I'm talking about: https://www.dropbox.com/s/78ij…0troubleshooting.mov?dl=0

For such an important function like this, I believe any new Reference Pitch confirmation needs to be rock-solid. The "OK" soft button to lock in a new Reference Pitch value IS a good plan, and I think that makes a lot of sense- but only if that step is unable to be bypassed.

One thought about this and the popular "Kemper Mini" idea that users float around (which I would love to have as a backup rig and as a backpack rig for fly dates, similar to the FM3/HX Stomp): the new Kemper iOS editor app seems like a potential step in that direction to me.

Sure, you could edit parameters using Rig Manager on an iPad with a Kemper Mini/Kemper Rig Player that doesn't have all the physical editing controls available on-board, but an iPad is still an "additional gig item" to some folks, while ALL players (that use iPhones, at least) would always have their iPhones with them at a show.

I realize I may be reading too far into this, but that seems like it would be a really great usage of the iPhone editor app.

A “mini” offering is the only thing I’m missing from the Kemper hardware lineup. I would love to have one I that I can leave in a backpack as a backup to my rack & remote rig instead of my Atomic AA6. (Thankfully, I’ve never had to use my backup because of an issue with my A rig- that’s with many shows since 2013.)

However, I’d really love to have it for one-off fly dates and certain throw-and-go festival gigs. The Stage is impressive, but is way larger than what I’m personally looking for in this context.

From a sales perspective, a “mini” is a great way to get the existing customer base to purchase additional hardware.

Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of another user who's not on these forums. I've been giving him Kemper tips as he's been diving into his relatively-new Stage.

I told him about how much I like using Kemper's transpose and that I typically put it in stomp A, but he told me that when he compared stomp A versus the Rig section's transpose setting, that he had two different results.

He says: "205 is with a stomp and you can hear a kind of tremolo effect. 207 is with the rig transpose."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh8o…0Recording%20205.m4a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xffq…0Recording%20207.m4a?dl=0

I certainly hear two different results here; any thoughts as to what the culprit could be? Thanks in advance for any tips in the right direction.

This same issue happens to me occasionally on my Profiler Rack but I think this is the first time I’ve seen a mention of it here. I've mostly noticed it when I’ve left my Kemper in performance mode with the tuner/mute engaged for a long period of time and then come back to it (for example, leaving it muted after soundcheck until showtime). It’s happened a few other random times during shows too, but never in the middle of playing, and thankfully, my fix is as simple as turning the chicken head knob from performance mode to tuner mode, then immediately back to performance mode. Hopefully, that takes care of it for you, too.

Just some background for reference:

-When this happens, the input LED acts normally, but the output LED is completely off.

-This affects both the main output (FOH) and the headphone output (my IEMs).

-I’m on the latest OS; this has happened as far back as I can remember, though, so it’s nothing new that’s been introduced recently.
    -I have a Remote and Mission EP1-KP connected. Those seem to behave normally when this issue occurs.

Hi, I currently use the stereo aux in to route my monitor mix through my Kemper (then run out the headphone jack to my IEM transmitter). This means I only use one channel on the FOH board while keeping guitar in stereo in my ears.
    Is there any way that I can keep this setup AND add a mono effect loop for a Digitech Freqout I have on the way? For example, using the XLR return jack? I've never used the Kemper effects loop; my apologies if this has been covered previously.
    Thanks for your time. :)

Agreed! I send the Kemper main out XLR to our board, run my monitor send from our board into the Kemper aux in, and run from Kemper headphone out into my wireless in-ear unit. This way, I get guitar in stereo in my ears while receiving a mono monitor mix from our board (so I'm only taking up 1 aux send from our board).
    I'd like to be able to run an active speaker on stage for guitar stage volume, but with this routing, the aux input (my monitor mix) is audible through both my in-ears AND the active speaker on stage (I only want guitar in this speaker).
    This feature would be great!