Posts by tweed

Got the FR-12 today and got a few minutes with it, more testing tomorrow... First impression - Sounds GREAT!!!! Much better than the qsc k10's I was using.

I have a powered rack and rarely play my KPA at home, its all live.

If you go FRFR then Yamaha DXR's are great BUT I came away from FRFR in favour of the Kabinet. I have been using one live now since they were released and its going to take some beating. It hits that balance (for me) between ...and its sooooo light!

If you can, try to borrow one to try it as its not for everyone and if you like it you can of course get the powered version

I'll ask around and see if anyone has a powerkab I can try out. I'm not opposed to getting one, but don't want to purchase one and have to turn around and sell it if it doesn't work out. Thanks!

Others here can give much better advice than I can when it comes to pa speakers as a monitoring option but if you like the QSC K series I think the K8 would be worth looking into if you could audition them at a local store. They are less money, lighter in weight by 5lbs and a smaller footprint if you are playing in tighter quarters but have the widest dispersion pattern of the k series. I have a friend who's band no longer use a back line and have went direct with their bass and guitar, they and are running their signals through stage monitors with good results. Again, others who use stage monitors can give better advice than me, but I would think it advantageous to place the monitor in front of you.

As for me, the Eminence EM12 is working out very well since I found a different approach in how I set the monitor out eq. I haven't had the opportunity to play my guitar for over three weeks, so before I replied to your post I sat down and played for about fifteen minutes. Having been away from the Kemper for a while my initial reaction this morning was this, my rig sounds great! But not my playing :D !!

Have been putting the qsc behind me, but putting in front front(like a traditional monitor) is something I'll have to try. Thanks for the suggestion!

I hear you on the "my rig sounds great but not my playing". Way too familiar with that scenario :D :D

Just wanted to drop in and ask if you've made any progress on your speaker journey, and also say thank you very much for this thread!

I've had my unpowered rack unit since 2019 and have only used it live a handful of times. My son has had the Kemper in his room for the past year or so going down the Van Halen rabbit hole and is getting great results using a QSC K10. This has gotten my interest in the unit going again and I'm currently on the hunt for what speaker solution would work best for me in a live environment. Have two separate ideas for this, 1 - use Powerstage 700 in the rack and a 2x12 guitar cab, or 2 - acquiring one(or possibly two) QSCk10.2 or DXR10 and trying this route again. The QSC my son is currently using is on loan as the band uses it for a vocal monitor.

In the past I've used the Kemper rack with the QSC and have also run it thru a Peavey XXX head with a 2x12 cab, both solutions sound pretty good. The Peavey setup is just to heavy to haul around these days and complete overkill volume wise. The QSC sounds great, but when used on outdoor small gigs sometimes it just isn't enough volume for me, crazy I know as its 1100w. When I've used the QSC its on the ground behind me pointed at my head. Maybe it just needs do be further back from me, maybe I need 2, who knows. It is about 11 years old and maybe its just not working at 100%.

I should also mention that at the moment I'm not playing any large outdoor festivals with the luxury of sound techs. Mostly playing small private gigs/partys and we are running our own sound from the stage. The few times I've used the Kemper in this situation I know it sounds good because I'm getting tons of compliments and people asking about my setup. Mainly getting a comfortable stage volume is my issue.

Anyway, sitting here today I'm really not sure which route to go, but seriously leaning towards a powered FRFR solution(QSC, Yamaha, etc.), possibly a pair of them.

Thinking about trying the QSC 12.2 myself and just wondering how it worked for you. Any updates on your adventure?

Pulling my Kemper back out after a long break. Updating the OS and was looking for the most recent version of Rig Manager, but not seeing RM on the downloads page. Anyone know what the latest version is and where to find it? Currently running 3.2.72

Thanks!

Getting back into the swing of things after a year+ break. Haven't touched my Kemper during that time and circling back around on the idea of grabbing a rack mount power amp and using my 2x12 with G12H30's, or grabbing a QSC frfr monitor. Back before the Zombie Apocalypse I used a single K10 at small to medium venues(acoustic and electric guitar) and it sounded pretty good, but I'm starting to wonder if a k12.2 would get me a little more oomph for bigger stages and/or the occasional outdoor show and if it would be worth the extra size/weight factor.

Has anyone used a 12.2 instead of the typical 10.2 or DXR10 and had favorable results?

Thanks in advance!

You're gonna love this. Dog came thru the room while I was playing and walked straight across the remote and the wah. When he did, he bumped the wah and it worked briefly then stopped. Took the monoprice TRS cable apart and inspected the solder joints and found the problem. On one end of the cable the braided connection had solder on it, but wasn't attached to the prong. Re-soldered that connection and now I'm back in business!

Thanks for the help paults! And thanks to my 15yr old dog walking across my setup 8|:D:D

DVP3 EXP port to Pedal5 input on remote using TRS cable (Monoprice Premier Series 1/4 Inch (TRS) Guitar Pedal Patch Cable Cord - 8 Inch - Black with Right Angle Connectors)

System settings page (10/18)

Pedal 5 Remote

Mode Pedal Type 1

Function Wah Pedal

Calibrate soft button is illuminated, soft button stays illuminated when pressed, does not turn off. :(

Got a Dunlop DVP3 pedal to use for a wah with the remote with a TRS cable. Pedal is plugged into Pedal5 on the remote and the exp input on the DVP3 . Got it working once and it sounded great, thought I saved everything, went to rehearsal and its like the wah was stuck in the toe(treble) position and moving the pedal had no effect at all.

So I'm back to the drawing board with trying to make the DVP3 work but am having no luck. I've tried a number of wah presets(thanks for whomever created that master wah thread!) and cannot get the pedal to do anything when Wah is turned on no matter if its set to touch, bypass Heel, bypass toe, etc. Was hoping to set the DVP3 up so that I can just move the pedal and get wah sounds, then move it back to the heel position and have it cut off. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but would love some help. Also I should note I'm using editor 3.0.145 and OS 8.0.6

Tested the DVP3 with my Marshall and it's working correctly.

Hello,

Lately I've noticed I have over 450 profiles on my Kemper and I'm assuming this has a bearing on boot up time for the unit. Is there a simple way to delete unwanted profiles(in mass) from the Kemper unit itself, but backup and retain the extra profiles for future use? I don't want to lose any of the profiles I've collected so far, but really don't need that many on tap every time I turn on the Kemper.

Thanks!