Posts by dchristo

Hey everyone,

I am a long-time Kemper user, having bought my toaster soon after they were available in Canada. I have been using it on stage for almost six years now without a glitch. I'm currently the guitarist in a five-piece soul/R & B band in Windsor, ON and we have been gigging steadily for the last two years (well, up until COVID 19 put that to rest). I was running my profiler through a 70's Fender Princeton with a one-twelve extension cab and was very happy with the sound I was getting. But, I recently purchased a Kemper Kone and have switched to using it exclusively, powered by a Rocktron Velocity 300 amp that I had kicking around. The presence and amp-in-the-room quality of this combo is impressive. To reduce my set-up time (because I also set up and manage our PA from stage), I recently purchased an SKB shallow 8u case to load my rig into. Having learned some metal-working skills from restoring a WWII bomber, I have installed the toaster and amp into a nice, roadworthy rig that is quick to set up, tear down and transport. I have two of these home-made cabs and will be purchasing another Kone for the second soon. (The piezo tweeter isn't active, btw).

The photo of the finished product is a bit skewed from the angle I shot it. The cab is actually larger than the rig case. Hope you like it.

Hi Tilman,

I purchased your S2 model several years ago and have used it off and on (mostly at rehearsals) with no problems. However, I just received a Kemper Kone, installed it in a spare 1x12 cab and am having an issue with the Camplifier. When I crank the volume up on the Camplifier (approx 50% or higher), the speaker signal intermittently cuts out. The same thing happens when I hit the strings a little harder than normal or switch to a louder profile. I checked all connections, to speakers, cables, etc. and all are good. The global noise gate is off. When I substitute in another amp, the issue disappears so it is definitely related to the Camplifier. Any suggestions? Thanks.