Posts by goodkungfu

Does anyone know if its possible to set the FCB up with the uno4kemper so that when you hit a patch pedal in performance mode it resets the profile to its default FX state?

In other words, if you have the bottom pedals for patches and the top for fx slots I want to be able to go to a patch, lets say patch 3, then turn on the delay, then a mod, then a boost but if I hit the patch pedal again the profile reloads and turns off all the FX.

This is great for singer guitar players when you may just want to get back to your original state by one button press.

Is it possible with the current FW, or is this a limitation of the FCB? Is there a setting I'm missing?

any insight appreciated...

gkf

This may seem like a daft question but when I'm rehearsing and dialling in my kemper I tend to edit the profiles in performance mode and then save the whole performance. So I have 5 slots, a vibrolux, AC20, JTM, 1987x, and bogner. They all have different fx setups etc. Is there a way to store these edited profiles back into the browser pool so I can use them as the default profiles when I'm building new performances?

Like I said, i'm sure it's easy, I just haven't got it figured just yet.

gkf

after foolishly renaming 388 profiles manually on my mac and then importing them to find that they had not been renamed (grrrrr, I know, should have read the WIKI etc..) I add my name to the call for a software Librarian/editor...

I know the team are busy (hopefully with the KFC and other stuff) but the lack of a profile editor/loader/Librarian is a glaring omission at this point.. I'm a massive fan of this box but will be much happier when a Librarian is available as the USB stick thing is very 1996..

Don't need an interface, we all should have a good interface if you're recording... But a Librarian is a must..

hopefully not too long now...

I shall now go and have a glass of wine to calm down... ;)

Thanks for the reply Ingolf..

I've got the PPTC in the X or Mod slot (doesn't matter if its before the stack either, tried that) and have selected the "WahPedal to Pitch" option that i assume makes the Wah Pedal on the FCB do the whammy effect, which it does, sometimes.. trouble is that it is sporadic. Also when changing patch's and coming back to the profile the pitch effect is in the "heel" position which makes it useless really, especially if the pedal only works sporadically.

Can anybody with the FCB and UNO4KEMPER try this for me? Just put a PPTC in a slot, make the Heel pitch -12 and the toe 0. select "WahPedal to Pitch" and play around.. does it always latch? do you find when switching back to the profile from another that the Pedal is in the heel position regardless of where the physical pedal is? (i have this problem in a Performance too, try and save it in a performance and see what that does...

Thanks y'all... ;)

Hey guys, just wanted to check if this is a bug or an issue with my setup only.

I'm playing lonely boy by the black Keyes in a new band and I was using the pedal pitch effect to do the whammy thing at the beginning.

I'm having two issues. Firstly I selected the wah option to control the pitch and sometimes it just doesn't work. The pitch effect is on but the pedal doesn't work. Then inexplicably it starts working again, can't see why.

The other issue is that even when it's working when I change to this performance or profile and the pitch effect is on it defaults to the pedal being in its low state, an octave down, even when the pedal is in the toe position so you have to work the pedal to get it to reset as it were.. Is there any way to have it start in the toe position, or is this an inherent issue with the fcb?

Hope this makes sense.. Anybody with the fcb u4k setup that wants to test this for me? Would be appreciated.

Rawk!