Posts by Hurricane

Besides all these very good recommendations here in the Forum I'd like to ammend another aspect for a newbie to "Tweaking the KPA"

It's different to tweak the KPA compared to tweak a real Amp with Cabinet, because the KPA has a Pretty bunch of more Parameters which a real amp misses. But as already said above, you don't Need them all to achieve your sound-immaginations. There are Parameters which are more important and have a more intense Impact to the Sound (f.e. Amp-Definition, Cab-IRs, Amp-EQ and Stomp-EQs) than others. I personally needed a bit of time to get used to these parameter and their specific impact to the Sound.

I always need to be Aware , that I don't listen to the amp's-in-the-room-sound when tweaking my KPA-live-Sound on our P.A.-System.

On a real amp you normally just have gain-, volume- and EQ-knobs and sometimes presence and that's it. The rest is influenced by the cab's charackteristics with it's Speaker inside and reacts less intense and in a way smoother than the KPA.

For example changing from a Strat-type guitar to a Les-Paul-type on a real amp, I just tweak the Gain-, The Treble- and the Bass-knob a bit. With the KPA I always first look what is active in the current Profile (Amp, Cab, Stomps, Output-EQ, Clean-/Distortion-Sense) before I choose a Parameter to adjust the Sound, because the different parameters interact between each other with partially huge effects to the sound.

This affords a bit of experíence and may cause a bit of confusion especially in the beginning-phase and also in stressful live-situations.

So finally I urgently recommend to tweak intensively just at least to become experienced to the KPA's capabilities and These are HUGE !!

And also to have a lot of fun with your Approach to your personal Dream-Tone. :love:

Please excuse my Question it Might be asked and answered already.

Why does the sound change through my Konekabinett, when I Switch off the rig’s cab-Module ?

Definetely worth a try.

As for the fullrange setting, you should expect an emphasized bass responce, due to the ported cabinet.

Give us feedback about the outcome, once it‘s there!

I just bought a Kone and installed it into my 1x12"Thiele-Cab. After a few hours of inbreak-time I compared it to my Kemper-Kabinett which I purchased a few weeks earlier. In comparison of both I had expected, that the Thiele cab would emphasize the lows and that it would sound a bit fatter than the Kemper-Kabinett.

I am very suprised that the sound is nearly the same. The efficiency of the Thiele-Cab just makes me feel that it's just a bit louder than the Kabinett (I daisy-chained the Kabinett and the Thiele-Cab seperated them locally and could hear that the Thiele is a slight bit louder) but it really doesn't stress any frequency (especially the lows).:?:

In general my personal taste even makes me activate the Bass-Boost with the Thiele-Cab, though it's Standing on the floor. I'm really confused but very pleased about this result:thumbup::P

Besides all this, just one Question: Is it correct that the position of the soft-switch "Kemper-Kone" isn't stored in an Output-Preset, or is it a bug?

Thanks for your replies, guys !

For me your Solutions seem Pretty costly for avoiding a Problem which appears and disappears in different OS-Versions.

Besides this: disconnecting RM and switching slots and effects by the remote would solve the initial Problem (engaged effect stays active) much easier.

For me it's sometimes hard to understand, why such a highly develloped piece of Equipment lacks Basic functions in usage

I've got my 30 to 40 songs organised in Performances.We often Play Songs randomly out of a predefined order. Fast Scrolling through Performances via the remote`s up and down switches is nearly impossible since the latency is too high. Switching from f.e. Performance 5 to 25 cannot be managed (for me) between songs while talking to the audience. After each songend you have to go to the profiler and choose the desired performance via the type-knob and load it up. That's pretty annoying. So I place my Laptop where I can reach it from my microphone-place and choose the Performance via RM. The Problem now is my Initial complaint of this thread (see above), because the behavior is "slightly" different .:wacko:

The other case is during our rehearsals, where I (still) tweak and optimize my sounds between Songs. This is much more efficient via RM than via the Profiler-Menues. Also here the Problem with activating effect-slots occurs.<X

In the last but second OS-Version the Problem was also evident, in the last OS-Version the wrong behavior was solved, in the current OS-Version it is evident again. That's what I resist to understand.:/

Ich betone, dass das meine Meinung ist.

Eine Meinung kann nie falsch sein !!

Ich werde bei Clubgigs mit dem Profiler auf mein Kabinett definitiv nicht mehr verzichten, dafür klingt das "zu echt" und zu geil. Es liegt aber wohl daran, dass ich einer von den "old School"-Usern bin, der sich nicht vollständig vom "amp-in-the-room"-Sound hat lösen können.

Bei großen Bühnen werde ich für den Monitor-Sound aber nach wie vor meine DXR10 benutzen, da komme ich auf jeden Fall auch super mit klar.

Thanks for the answer... So does it sound "equall" the same when you raise the volume on Kemper Kabinet up and most important are you satisfied with the sound?

Sorry to bother you and thanks again?

That's what I mean, when I say "eqal". Though when comparing both, it takes a second to switch the Profiler from Imprint to Cab-off and to Change the Speaker-Connection (via A/B-Box).

Yes I'm satisfied, though I prefer the Goodman-Imprint. So it will be interesting to hear this Imprint, when I had installed a Kone into the Thiele-Cab

Does it sound just louder... or also fuller. Ioudness can be compensate with a few decibels more on Kemper Kabinet or perhaps not. Thanks for answer and Best Regards

No, not fuller, just louder. I had expected fuller because of the bass-reflex-tunnel of the Thiele but I really would say: Just louder.

PS: … and I didn't activate the bass-boost-button in the Output-section

Yesterday I had the Chance to compare the Kemper-Kabinett with EVM 12L-Imprint to the original EVM installed in a 1x12" Mesa Boogie Thiele Cab.

The Kemper-Kabinett was rather convincing , since the Sound was nearly 100% identical.

The difference is the Efficiency of the Thiele-Cab, it sounded louder than the Kabinett.

Next month I'm goingt to try a Kemper-Kone in the Thiele-Cab, just to verify this Impression.

…...

USB sticks with different colors.

And the PROFILER always indicates the OS version currently installed plus the OS version on the stick, before you confirm an update.

I've got a Pretty bunch of sticks (and the needed one never is in the near), and also I often don't know the current OS-Version number by heart.

If it wasn't a great issue IT-wise, it would be a flick of a switch for the KPA-Team:love:

I'd like to see the OS-Version-number coded in the kaos-filename.

I'm in Need to drive different OS-versions in my two Profilers, because one of them is linked to a Win7-computer, so I can't run the current OS-Versions.

for update-reasons I normally use USB-sticks because one profiler is in our rehearsal-room the other at home. After a while (of confusion) I cannot see which OS-Version is on which USB-Stick.

An indication in the OS-filename would help much !!

Die 600W-Nennleistung der Endstufe ist an der Last 8-16 Ohm wirksam, dementsprechend muss das bei der Leistungsangabe der Endstufe so angegeben sein. An 4 Ohm kann die abgegebene Leistung aber höher sein. Da die Leistungselektronik der Endstufe dann aber abriegelt (um Schäden zu vermeiden) wäre es Quatsch die "nicht zulässige" Last als Leistungsdate mit anzugeben.