Posts by Hurricane

I know, it has been posted at least several times.
    I just only want to bring into mind again:

Please KPA-Team find a solution to profile overdrive-stomps and let us create our own stomp-models and store them as isolated stomp-profiles in our KPA

I think this feature would be the ruin for 90 % of the boutique-manufacturers but will convince the hesitators and also would potentise the KPAs market control !

I often disagree with some opinions (f.e. profi-Profiles fit for live-use without tweaking, I never met one) that's no problem, but this statement is untrue.
    It can be more simple (or faster) to use a real amp on stage (especially concerning dynamics f.e)., but it is not true that you can not achieve this feeling with your KPA !!
    It affords some tweaking, okay, but the results are more than comparable.
    (and I've been playin for more than 30 years live, with nearly any concepts of equipment)

As Ingolf recommends: TRY and decide

I tried out a few FRFR Monitors and finally ended up with the RCF 10" active Monitorbox (at least my band uses a complete RCF-P.A-System, so this has additional advantages).
    In my experience it is as said, no solution fitted my needs exactly, but the KPA was capable to be tweaked to each Monitor-Type. So IMO it's only a matter of dilligence (i.e. listening tweaking listening again a.s.o.)

Compared to a real guitarcabinet the FRFR-Solution IMO leads to better results for the audience, for the guitarist it can be challengeing because of the necessity of changing paradigm. Although the Direct-Amp-Profiling feature now combates again.
    Things won't become boring .........

Tested the bug yesterday under OS3.0.2
    In both modes (Browser- and also Performance-Mode) and also independent of the looper-position ( "pre" or "post") the recorded loop changes it's sound to the current chosen rig (or performance-slot). It is not possible to record an overdub in a different sound, the recorded loop-sound always changes simultaneously.

from manual:

Tested the bug yesterday under OS3.0.2
    In both modes (Browser- and also Performance-Mode) and also independent of the looper-position ( "pre" or "post") the recorded loop changes it's sound to the current chosen rig (or performance-slot). It is not possible to record an overdub in a different sound, the recorded loop-sound always changes simultaneously.

Who of us is wrong :?:

It's really simple in doing and it's also not so important to monitor in a different room (as it is when making a studio profile).
    Its really a big improvement.
    The only disadvantage for me is, that I now have to decide my live-rig again, because now I again like playin via guitarbox, though I just managed to perform via FRFR. :/:thumbup:

Blimey, just installed Rig Manager and it's up to 5,809......I can't possibly audition that many so any help much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Andy

I'm currently not in front of my KPA, but I remember a very very nice Fender Super Reverb Profile within the sharded rigs of the Rig Manager, which really works fine without tweaking. Just only a bit of bass for the balls and it is really tasty. (use it for my SRV-Sounds). Give it a try

IR, die ich über den Cab-Maker bereits konvertiert habe.

Wie kann man denn von seiner eigenen "Hardware"-Box eine Impulse Response erstellen? Ich muss sagen, mir ist dieser ganze Prozess mit den IRs immer noch schleierhaft.
    Ich habe mit meinem Amp und meiner 2x12" Heritage-Box nämlich nen wirlich guten Sound, den ich gerne mit dem Kemper reproduzieren möchte. Den Amp kriege ich optimal mit dem neuen "Direct-Amp-Profil" abgebildet. Bei der Box bin ich noch ratlos, wie ich die als IR-file digitalisiert kriege.

This. mixing guys will love you for the -15db, otherwise lots of mixing desks begin to clip when being fed a hotter signal.

That's true !
    It's a good starting point to set the Output-level to -15 db and then adjust your rig-volumes for rhythm or lead-volumes. This procedure prevents from clipping the output section by too high rig volumes, because the profiles are levelled pretty high regularly. (Just my experience)

Sorry , but it seems to be impossible.
    The Rotary cannot be assigned once more to a different effect-Switch. neither in slow-mode nor in fast-mode.

Please explain step by step how this can be done : "Assign another one to slow/fast" ?(

It's no issue in volumes, the whole sound of the recorded loop changes to the sound in the performance-slot.

F.E.: performance-slot 1: Clean sound
    I recorded a loop in this sound

I stepped on loope button to change performance-slot (for overdubbing with a different sound).
    I stepped on performance-slot 2: Crunch sound.
    Result: The whole recorded loop changes to crunch sound.

All this in "post-position" of the looper.

Wrong, isn't it?

Can anybody explain how to assign the action & freeze function to the Rotary-Effect (didn't find the procedure in the documentation) ?

I programmed Rotary On/Off under Effect-Button I and want now use a different Effect-Button to switch between slow and fast. How can this be managed? ?(