Posts by Hurricane

[quote='vablows','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18272-Kemper-Remote-Vids/?postID=196044&#post196044']I really don't get the negativity towards my opinion.

I went to the booth 3 times yesterday at NAMM, and played with the remote for well over 45 minutes, and while it is very nice it just isn't for me right now.

Can you tell, if the LED are bright enough for a brightly illuminated stage or daylight-stages on open-air-festivals ?

I am really pleased with a 65 Amps 2 x 12 with a Celestion G12 H and a Blue. I tried a number of different combinations...A Port City 2 x 12 w/ Jensen Neos (A bit on the dark side), a Forte w/Scumbacks, various Marshall 2 x 12s, and a Diamond 4 x 12 w/ V30s (this sounded great, but I damn sure don't want to be lugging around a 4 x 12!). I also tried a couple of FRFRs (Matrix and Atomic), and didn't really vibe with them. Although, to be fair, I didn't get to spend all that much time with either. I generally use more classic rock type tones, and I found the combination of the G12H and the Blue gave a lot more "chime", and felt much more like a traditional amp than any other cabinet. Judging from the styles you mentioned, this set up might be worth checking out.

Also like the Celestions G12 H (Heritage) 55Hz. I got two 2x12" Mojo-cabinets (the larger ones) with those and I'm really happy with them. I don't like the V30s so much, they seem to me a bit undifferenciated. I also tested Scumback-Speakers and creambacks. AlNiCo-speakers for me are a "no-go".

Though scrolling upwards in performance mode stops at 125 and doesn't continue to 1 and further (no "overscrolling")
    So a change from performance 125 to performance1 affords a scrolling back.
    So "overscrolling" could be an improvement !!!

This doesn't make sense to me. It does if it's just one CAB that was part of the profiling. A known CAB having an impedance loading on the amp can be taken into account on the AMP DI. But the second you load a CAB that was not profiled in this manner with the same amp will have a differing impedances not taken into account on the first DI.

So I do not see how changing out CABS can be authentic to just one DI. Each would need a separate AMP profiling to be authentic, no?

+1
    To be fully authentic, it affords to take the D.I.profile and a studio-profile of the real amp and each cab, you want to use. Then you can interchange (merge) these cabs with no loss (of authenticity).
    So the most benefit of the new profiling method ist for all the guitar-cab users, who want to substitute their amp by the KPA and now can use their (same) guitarcab on stage, knowing that the D.I. profile is most authentic to the real-amp.

OS 3.0 is determined to supply D.I.-Profiling.
    Would it then be possible to profile a stompbox (Booster, Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz) with this method and save it not as a amp-profile but as a "stomp-profile" and load it up to the stomp-preset-library in the KPA ?? :whistling:

Would be a cool feature, wouldn't it ?

Right.
    The speaker in a real cab changes it's impedance over different frequency-ranges, according to it's frequency-response (see speaker chart).
    The usual 8 Ohms DC-resistance are measured at 1 kHz . This influences up to a specific amount the reaction of the power-stage, which, as a part of a D.I.-profile, now has an impact to it.

I must say, I also have concerns about the engineering of the foot controller based on the kemper. I can look past the engineering issues with the kemper to an extent due to the amazing sound, however, with a foot controller the engineering is what you are paying for, not the sound. I agree The kemper has plastic knobs that feel cheap for a unit of this price, some where you can see where the moulded knobs have been snapped off a larger piece of plastic. THey do not seem sturdy and there is excess play. The LED light hoods also suffer from inconsistent finishing with bits of excess plastic or imperfections on some where presumably the moulding process has not come out quite right. Some of the push switches are also looser than others. I returned one unit and got another which was a littler better. The main switch dial also feels quite weak. Like i say, I can forgive these to an extent but the foot controller will have to be flawless considering the price.

It should be considered, that by the buy of the KPR not only the done investigations have to be paid, but also the coming Software-modifications, which of course now become more complex and need more effort. And this support (of the KPA) was free of charge (until now and hopefully further on). And who knows future functionalities on the long run (looper duration, functions, wireless connectivity, and many more ideas).

Hi Andy,

love your Marshall-Rig-Pack and also Rig Pack 9. Really awesome !!
    Can you tell your plans concerning the existing rig-Packs when it comes to OS 3.0 where it will be possible to profile each amp with merged profiles (direct profile and studio profile) ?
    Will you ammend the direct profiles of each rig so that we could merge them to our (existing and bought) studio profiles, or will you sell completely new rig-packs (with direct profiles and studio profiles of each rig) ?

Yes, but it seems you can only chose 4 slots, or 4 combinations of slots. I wish there were two layers to those buttons, so that one could access each slot individually.

Storing 4 Effect-scenes is more versatile for me than switching 8 stomps/effects particularly ! This will finish my step-dances on stage :thumbup: