Posts by Hurricane

There must be a reason that any change to the current output-preset and then saving the new settings causes a new output-preset with the identical name. But I don't understand this reason. For me it is often (if not even everytime) necessary to tweak my output-settings when I'm in a new live-venue. So everytime I save the settings to the current output-preset (and that is necessary several times) I create a new but identical named Output-Preset. When I finally got my desired settings and I look through with my browse-knob all these settings appear on the screen and I don't know which to delete.
    There should be the same option (as for rigs and performances) to decide "overwrite" or "save under new name" for Output- and Input-Presets.

Thanks a lot,

so if I got it right, it could be necessary to either
    - make different output-presets for gig-/studio-/home-levels (maybe even of each profile)
    or
    - make different EQ-Settings for gig-/studio-/home-levels for each rig
    and organise it in different Performances
    and all this
    for different speaker applications (I'm using FRFR-Speakers and also sometimes a Guitar Box)

The oath of possibilities !:wacko:

I now know the reason why there is no Rig-Number-Limitation :thumbup:

This is why you should tweak your gig rigs at gig volume. Google Fletcher-Munson.

That's right. My best sounding "Home-Rigs" sound harsh at live-level.
    To avoid this (tweaking at gig volume level) it should be possible to add the studio-EQ in one slot (f.e. X-Slot) to switch a frequency-correction for live-use of the current profile.
    Are there any value-recommendations for this Studio-EQ-Application ?

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice. I never tried profiling (though it should be tried) my passive Leslie (with no horn), just only the rotating drum in front of a single 12".
    I just can hear a difference between my overall sound "in the room" (especially when the slow rotating leslie-sound mixes up with the amp's direct sound). This always was an issue with all the different simulation-boxes, and also with my KPA,
    maybe due to the fact that there is no horn driver in my cabinet. I should give it a try to profile my constellation.

Tested my Okko Diablo + in front of my KPA. Sounded awesome.
    I would highly appreciate an Okko-Diablo Simulation in my Stompbox-archive.
    Anybody else out there?

I tested a pretty big bunch of rotary-sim-boxes over the last years. None could reach the subtle sound of my real leslie-box. Neither did the Kemper-simulation, but for me it's competitive to the highest graduated sims (as there are, Neo, Strymon, Hughes&Kettner, Fulltone and many more). The ramp and start function would of course make me comletely satisfied.
    So
    +1

[quote='burningyen','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16569-Switches-and-Expression-Pedals/?postID=172170&#post172170']I would recommend the Boss FS-6 for a dual footswitch.

The FS-6 is a goog recommendation, I use two of them (for X-Slot, Mod-Slot, Delay, Rev) The only disadvantage for the FS-6 is, it has no power supply, just only an internal 9-Volt-battery.
    I installed a Micro-Jack for 9-V-Power Supply for both pedals (rather easy) and use them together with the FCB1010.
    (much cabeling for this constellation, I can tell)

I'm waiting for the upcoming KFC

yeah thanks !!

I resume:
    Switch off the Powerstage in the Output-Menu.
    Switch "Cab Sim Off" out (which means: Cab Sim On)
    Then take an unbalanced Line-cord from the Monitor-Out-Jack to the Input-Jack of the active Monitor-Box
    Set Volume on the "Master-Volume"-Knob on the KPA's front and play

That's the game isn't it?

Are there recommendations out there for a real robust footcontroller-Wah-Pedal ?

I have to be more precise:
    Currently I use a FCB (with two expression pedals for wah and volume).
    On the new Kemper-Footcontroller there will be no expression pedals (only switches), but there will be 4 Jacks for those.
    So I will be in need of at least one single Expression Pedal for Wah use, when the new Kemper Footcontroller will be available.
    And now again my question: What will be a good recommendation for a single Foot-controlled-Expression-Pedal which can be connected to the "KFC".

Die meiner Erfahrung nach wesentlichste Überzeugungskraft hat der Profiler in seinem Spielgefühl (nicht nur wenn man ihn hört). Und zwar im Bandkontext.

Deshalb wirken auch Youtube-Files nicht so überzeugend, denn auch andere vergleichbare Produkte können sich dort sehr wirkungsvoll darstellen.

Ein sinnvolles Marketing-Konzept könnte es sein, wenn man eine Backing Band engagiert und den interessierten Zuhörer am Ende einer Roadshow aufmuntert ein paar Takte mit der Band und dem Profiler (über P.A. und/oder Gitarrenbox) zu jammen.

The KPA's XLR output is rather hot so I suspect that the FOH-mixer is clipping the signal. In my own setup I lower the KPA output by 20dB in the output configuration and detach the mains from the master volume. That puts it within the range of levels engineers expect from DI-attached equipment. Detaching the mains from the master volume give the sound-engineers full control of the level through FOH regardless of how I set the volume for monitoring. The KPA sounds great in this setup regardless of whether I connect my own FRFR to the monitor output or use the house front monitors.

Some techs insist on using DI, so connecting the 1/4" outs via DI-boxes to the FOH-mixer is another option.

Your KPA must be broken if none of these alternatives work.

That's true.

Guitar-Soundcheck last weekend took 5 seconds. Lower output-level by few dBs and the tec-guy said: "perfect". (btw: no metal-sounds but smooth overdrive sounds and levels).

But I never use factory-rigs without tweaking. Maybe this is an issue ?!

Since many users (and me) don't use performance-mode this way (though,as it is supposed to be used) it would be more flexible to stay on the active slot-number when switching performances.

But also for those like me it should be ok with either options concerning switch-positions.:thumbup:

Bought the whole bundle 9 mainly for reasons of the Magnatone Amps. Especially the Twilighter was of high interest for me. I don't know the real amp (as it's not yet available in Germany) and could only compare it to the existing youtube files in the web. Sounds rather different to me, obviously due to the above mentioned effects and tricks (the "horse" and so on). But nevertheless this and the others are great and highly recommended profiles, especially for life-use (with guitarcab or even with linear monitors). (Though the most sought after vibrato-sim of the twilighter is missing 8) . ) Maybe once when effects are able to be profiled by their own it's another purchase for me.

I love the other amp-profiles of this rig bundle very much, and owning several Two Rock Amps I can assure that Andy's Profiles are most close to the originals. So for me - as a life-player - tho whole content of Bundle 9 (which is a real intelligent mixture of amps) is most versatile and recommendable.

Those studio-guys with grass-growing-sensible ears may also be right in some complaints for the studio environment but standing on the stage with bass cymbals drums and keyboards when the guitarsound is challenged to cut through but also has to sound smooth and fat Rig-Pack-Bundle No.9 is a very good basis where tweaking begins.