Posts by Hurricane

Now I got the question :)

Yes, we have plans for a per-rig setting.

We are still asking ourself, if that setting should be stored in the Rig data or in the Cabinet Module (!).

Storing in the rig-data would be more flexible, though in the cab-module more Logical (when using the same "virtual" Speaker as in the imprint)

They are about the same as for the K12H-200 from Celestion, to be found on the internet.

Please tell me what your plans are with the parameters. It might interfere with how we do the linearisation.

As I understand your explanations, it's no Problem to Change from the EVM12L in my Thiele-1x12"-cabinet to the Kemper-Kone. It will be very interesting for me to compare the result to a Kemper-Kabinett.

Please tell me what real circumstances may occur, to be in Need of the Speaker's or even the Profiler's volume limitations. Even on a loud stage with a loud Drummer and the bass-bins under stage I never needed so much volume at all.

Hi Christoph,

is the Output-EQ still active in "imprint-mode"?

is there a way to route the "imprint-sound" to the FoH?

does the Kone Need a break-in-Phase or is it "Ready to use" ?

What will it cost in Germany ?

Will there be an "early bird selling Action" ?

Did you also compare the Kemper-Kabinett loaded with a specific imprint (f.e. Celestion G12H30 Heritage) and the same profile with a G12H30 Heritage-IR over a full range monitor ? and if you did, how significant were the differencies ?

Sorry and thanks !

Meistens liegts aber an der Gitarre,Hurricane.Seit ich bei meinen Paulas Elixir Optiweb 0.9 auf 46 wraparound aufspanne,ist es vorbei mit der Saitenreißerei.Ebenso die Curt Mangan auf den Stratocasters.Ich habe mir vorher die Saitenreiter nochmal vorgenommen und die Kerben geglättet.Jetzt ist Ruhe im Schiff.Die Saiten sind zwar etwas teurer,aber unterm Strich wesentlich günstiger,da ich nur noch halbjährlich wechsel muß.Mir ist seit 2 Jahren keine Saite mehr auf nem Gig gerissen.Vorher hatte ich fast bei jeder Veranstaltung nen Saitenriß.

Da träume ich von. Bei mir reißen Elixir-Saiten, Richard-Rider, die Paradigms und alles was es sonst noch gibt. Länger als 3 Wochen kann ich keinen Satz spielen. Sie reißen auf Strats, Paulas (mit Tunomatic, wrap-around und auch Schaller-Brücke) und ein paar anderen Steg-Typen wohlgemerkt in .11er gauge. Ist aber schon seit 30 Jahren so.

Eine Gitarre habe ich mit Graph-Tecs ausgestattet, da halten sie etwas länger . (Sieht auf ner Relic-Strat allerdings nicht so wirklich authentisch aus). Dafür verliert man m.E. aber ein bisschen Sustain.

Ich probier die Mangans jetzt und werde berichten. Danke auf jeden Fall für den Tipp.

With KEMPER Kabinet/Kone you will have an additional option: Instead of using the KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Kone as full-range you can configure these to emulate a specific guitar chassis. In this special mode the guitar speaker simulation of the Rig gets suppressed for the MONITOR OUPUT (and SPEAKER OUTPUT) selectively and an "imprint" of a particular chassis takes effect. There is a fixed list of chassis to choose from in the OS, which might evolve over time. Now KEMPER Kone sounds like a particular Celestion or Godman or …. chassis in the room and before microphone.

That reads awesome !

In my understanding this fixed list of Chassis to choose from the OS will be these above mentioned 18 "Presets". Is that correct?

Matt Schofield stehe ich auch drauf. Habe mir mal 5 Sätze in .11 auf .48 bestellt. Ich hoffe die sind haltbar. Bei mir reißen Sie (auch bei dieser Stärke) oft sogar bis zur A-Saite. Ich denke ich muss noch eine wenig an der rechten Hand-Technik arbeiten.

Habe bisher die Live-Gigs oft mit 2 Performances bestritten (eine ohne Delays die andere identisch mit Delays) und damit ca. 50 Stücke abdecken können.

Für die neue CD-Release habe ich jetzt mal eine Performance je Stück angelegt (bei manchen Stücken sind da nur 2 Slots belegt). Ist natürlich MEGA komfortabel: Intro, Begleitung, Soli, Fills alles nebeneinander. Und bei einigen Slots noch ein Morphing dazu, da könnte man ja faktisch 10 Sounds je Stück anlegen ohne die Performance zu wechseln.

Für ein 4 Stunden-Programm allerdings schwierig, weil man sich bei wechselnden Setlists die Song- bzw. Performance-Nummern merken müsste. Und dann das Scrollen durch 50 Performances....praktisch im Blindflug ...... hm... nee.... das tue ich mir nicht an....praktisch anwendbar auf der Bühne ist das leider noch nicht so wirklich!

Some low-gain profiles -I'm thinking of - at the Edge of breakup, get a Kind of harshness when they're pushed up even only a few dB (f.e. some profiles of TAF, whereas my MBritt-profiles f.e. are much more "tolerant")

But maybe I'm overestimating either the difference-levels we're talking about or other user's Hearing.

It's a great idea and a necessary feature. so: +1

But it would cause a consecutive Problem, since when increasing or decreasing the volume the overall-Sound would Change Maybe even significantly because of the Fletcher-Munson-Effect.

So the volume-softknob should be ammended with an EQ or at least with High-Low-Cut-option for compensation this effect.

I recommended several times to realise such an Option and though it's most necessary and CR once wrote (hi and lo-cut feature will come) , I don't believe that it will be realised.