Posts by meambobbo

i find Def usually set too high for my tastes, and the tone sounds overly boosted with too thin low end. I like usually to turn it down until the low end really thickens up and even starts to break up. Then ill use an eq in one of the stomp slots to really dial it in for the exact sweet spots for my guitar. Maybe shave some of the deeper bass and boost some mids to treble. You get the tightness and clarity with a richer, more natural sound.

Clarity is cool but i find using less gain to be just shy of saturated, and reducing some higher frequencies can help get a similar result, and you have more control than just using the Clarity control.

My methods are more involved and may consume fx slots, so they dont work for everyone. Definition, Clarity, and Comp are very useful parameters on the amp block if this is the case. Just dont go too extreme - its easy to get things to be a little weird

i also have an airis solar flare, which is based on the klon centaur, and i love it. Its very transparent as far as pick attack and dynamics goes but sweetens up the distortion a good bit. So thats why i suggested it. Im sure others like its distortion as opposed to using it as a boost.

I typically use the ods as boosts, but sometimes i like them to add a little comp and dirt. However its mostly the eq treatment to the tone i like. So if i can get one effect that is configurable eq wise and can also add a little dirt, that would meet my needs.

Fyi, the mix param on the dist effects helps greatly for the green scream without losing too much low end. Without the real pedals on hand to compare i couldnt say how close i can get it.

od820 is a very simple to use boost pedal that leaves more low end fatness to the tone. The od808 i feel cuts too much low end and theres no parameter to account for that. The SD805 has more params and thats fine. I dont have an 805 so i dont know how close i could get it, but i know many of my favorite profiles use an od820 as a boost. I have the airis savage drive which is a ts style boost but has a low end control. I directly compared the kemper od808 vs the savage and always preferred the savage, at least partially for the low end reason

haven't had time to do the EVH update yet, but just gave the Mark V pack another quick run through. I missed a ton of stuff. The Mesa OS cab sounds insanely good with the triple mic setup (I guess the tags are accurate?). Here's some FACTS:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can almost ignore that loose double-track the tone is so massive.

as you typically may now, I like to drop a clip of whatever I just bought...no matter how rushed and terrible. However, my editing skillz are getting better. ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

CiliLab's profile of the Blue Channel of an EVH Stealth with EL34's. Killer tone. KILLARRRRR

hey i have very little free time now so i wont be making any updates; however, i can help anyone who wants to add features or port to mac. Its open source code and theres nothing os specific in there. I used c# more as a way to do it quickly than anything.

There is some dense logic that should have been broken up and commented better, but again, i will definitely help anyone who wants to get into the code and improve it. We can even move it from codeplex to github. I used git for all the commits - i used codeplex just because i think it looks a bit nicer for non-dev end users

The Kemper is 44.1 internally. So it shouldn't matter whether you use analog 44.1 or higher because everything above 20k is already trimmed. Also an analog 192k input operates at that clock regardless of whatever rate it actually sends to the computer is, which is what you configure. So it shouldn't have any affect on sampling quality except for the highest frequency produced, and again this won't matter because the kpa is 44.1 and already trimmed those highs.

Best latency and sound will be a digital connection at 44.1. 192 is just going to eat HD space for no good reason AND add the ad/da conversions to the latency