Posts by Fl4sh

Hello,

I recently finished my new rack. The purpose was to minimize the time for setting up the equipment before a gig. So every connection port should be on the front.

There's also a drawer I want to use for storing small pieces. (In ear phones, receiver, batteries etc. pp.)

I also wanted to have the ability to connect the Kemper to a network to use the Rig Manager on the iPad. For this I added a small PoE switch.

Additionally there's a Akai MPX8 sampler. Now I can fire some samples with my Band Helper app. The sampler's signal is routed to the Kemper's line in and can also be picked up seperately from the di box. For the wireless midi connection I use a Yamaha MD-BT01 which is also connected on the front (and can be stpred in the drawer).

Another "feature" is the 12W USB port for charging a phone (or use a wlan router in combination with the lan port).

For the power connection I use a PowerCon connection. :D

What do you think?

Hello, thank you. I know this method.

I wanted to avoid setting the same PC value to 5 different slots (for each slot in a performance manually).

I simply hoped there was a possibility to set it for the whole performance.

Well, now I have another question: Is it possible to set the PC value more quickly? (Select Slot, choose "Edit", choose "Slot Settings", choose "MIDI Settings", enter value, press exit, save (also multiple presses), change slot an repeat it for the next slot in the performance)

E.g. can I set the value in the Rig Manager on PC or iPad?

Hi,

I want to use my bandhelper app on my tablet.

For this I want to synchronize my performances (which I select with my Kemper Remote) with the songs in the app.

In the app I can assign a song to a program change or song select message.

Now I want to teach my Kemper to send a PC or song select message when I select a performance.

I know this is possible by assigning PC messages to the slots within a performance. But I don't need it in such a fine granular way. I do not have to distinguish between the slots. It's enough on the level of performances/songs.

Is this possible?

Hi!

Before any gig I transfer our setlist to rig my KPA: I have an performance for every song and the performances are ordered in the same sequence as we play the songs.

For this I always use the RigManager. My problem is: The Rig Manager only swapps the performances instead of inserting (and reorder all performances after it) them.

That's very annonying because when we have a new song and want to play it e.g. as the fifth song in our set I have to rearrange almost the complete setlist because the former performance on position 5 is after this swapped to position 80... I have to put it to position 6 and the former performance on position 6 is now on 80 and so on...differerer

Also the manual writes:

Windows version: Dragging a Performance to another one swaps both. [...]

Mac version: You can be drag and drop in between rows. This way, you move and insert a Performance elsewhere.

So my questions are:

1. Why do you have different behaviours for the win and mac version?

2. How can I change the behaviour in Windows?

3. If it's not possible: Where can I submit a change request? ;)

Hi!

I use the possibility of sending midi messages when loading a slot in the Performance Mode. In this way I can control my Band Helper device.

But to set it up is an annoying task because I have to go deep in the menu (Load Performance and Slot --> Edit --> Slot Settings --> Midi Settings --> choose PrgChn and select number). Especially when I have to check several performances because I forgot which number controls which setting and so one.

Well my question is: Can I change this settings in the new Rig Manager? I could not find any possibility yet.

Id it's not possible: Here's a feature request! ;)

Btw: Congrats for this great editor! I love it! :D

Hi!

I have a problem with the morphing feature.

My situation:
    I'm loading the performance and tap the tempo.
    I play some bars and press "Preset 1" on my remote to morph smoothly into my new sound.
    Now I press preset 2 and it loads as expected.
    I press preset 2 to start its morphin but it suddenly loads the moph-sound without any raising time!

Now I press preset 2 again and it moprhs back to the original sound. When I pres now preset 2 the third time it moprhs slowly as set up in the rig menu under rising time.

Can anybody reproduce that? Or did I understand something wrong?

Hi!

I play my KPA directly into a PA with a digital mixer and use a stereo connection.
    Unfortunately the mixer is limited in its panning functionality, that means stereo signals can't be set free in the panorama. It's only possible to set the wideness of the stereo signal - but it always stays in the center.
    So my plan is to push my signal a little to the left (and the keys to the right). While it's possible for the keyboarder I can't find a panning section in my KPA. Is it possible to pan a signal? May be global for the complete output section?

Thank you :D