Posts by dirigible

Thank you Burkhard.

It was point 3. Rig Name that I was having trouble with.

Didn’t know where to find the amp tags on the physical profiler (rack), but I’ve got it now.

[RIG]

[Rig Tags]

As you can see I still have to fix the Author tag as this profile was not created by C.Kemper. The correct author name is The Studio Rats.

Not too hard to do, but it is a little annoying to have to do this every time I swap a stack in a performance slot.

So I have to ask- Why doesn’t the correct information come across to the performance slot when when a new stack is selected via the following method (which I assume to be correct)?

long press [STACK]

rotate (BROWSE)

[EXIT]

[STORE]

etc

Unless I’m doing it wrong, this seems like a bug to me and perhaps I should put in a bug report for it.

I’ve been spending time fine tuning some of my performance slots today. When I substituted in a different stack I expected the text underneath the performance title to update but it didn’t. There doesn’t seem to be an explanation for this anywhere in the manual.

Can someone point me to an explanation of how this it supposed to work?

I created an example in an unused performance (38) to demonstrate the problem.

As you can see in this example the performance title is Delete Me and the rig/stack area says Crunch. But Crunch is not the profile in use here. When I long press the Stack button it shows I’m using Matchless Independence 1 by The Studio Rats.

Is there a way to fix this?

Having a variety of waveforms would really broaden the tonal and textural palettes of Tremolo, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vibrato and anything else that uses a Low Frequency Oscillator.

It could be implemented with a series of vertical sliders in a similar way to the Korg NuVibe pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxzhWucRcc

This way the user could sculpt their own wave shape.

Anything from a simple sine-wave to something very complex.

Actually, it isn’t a store bought rack shelf.

Back in the 90s when I first started using rack systems there was nothing suitable on the market so I did a tech’ drawing and went to a local sheet metal fabricator to have it made.

The whole thing is folded from one piece of sheet metal. Hard to see in the photos but it has 5 internal surfaces. Top, bottom, right, left and rear. It had to be fully enclosed so nothing would fall through.

Looking at the EQ section in stack I see a scale of +-5.0 for Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence.

0.1 to 5.0 gives 50 different positive possibilities. 50 also on the negative side. That's 100 non zero states. Include zero and there are 101 possible settings. Include 3 zeros and we have 103 possible states. Why not just just have a scale of +-5.1 to achieve the same result?

If it is a sign bit then why is it presented to the user while 0.0 is displayed. Surely the time to inform the user that they have dialed in a negative or positive value is at +-0.1 and beyond. I do understand that CPUs and memory chips use binary to represent numbers and logic but if this is an artifact of binary to decimal conversion why present it to the user in this way?

The designers have made a conscious decision to do this and I have always wondered why. Just curious.

This must have been asked before but I haven’t been able to find a thread about it.

When crossing the zero threshold while tweaking values I always see three different zeros.

-0.0 <0.0> +0.0

I always thought zero was neither positive or negative so what’s the significance of this?

Rig manager needs a simple and intuitive way to copy and paste individual rig elements such as stomps, amplifiers, cabs and effects from rigs and performance slots.

Currently it seems I have to drag one of these elements to the presets folder and then drag from the presets folder to the desired location (rigs or performance slot). Then go back to the presets folder and tidy up by deleting the newly created preset. It’s all too cumbersome and time consuming.

It’s actually easier to do on a physical Kemper because there are dedicated copy and paste buttons and there is no need for the intermediate step of creating a
    preset.

What I’m suggesting is that Rig Manager should have the same copy and paste functionality as other software packages (word processors, spreadsheets etc). Just a straight forward Right Click Copy followed by Right Click Paste. It really should be that quick and easy.

I hope the Kemper team considers implementing this.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Your solution works.

But it involves creating a preset then copying the preset to the new location and then deleting the preset.

The steps of creating and then deleting a preset wastes time and seem unnecessary to me.

If a saved preset is not desired then an invisible auto deleting clipboard entry would be more convenient.

Kemper should consider streamlining the process.

I'll put in a feature request.

I can think of a use case when performing live.

I’d like a metronome with programmable BPM (configured within a performance) and duration (a set number of beats before it stops) sent to the headphone output and triggered by a button on the remote. Perhaps the TAP button.

When playing live I could use it to start a song at the correct tempo without having to rely on a count in from my drummer.

The count will be there (in my ear) and the audience won’t hear the clicks.

I’ve recently started using Rig Manager and noticed there are limitations on which fields can be edited.

I swapped one of my newly profiled Rigs (a Studio Profile) into all 3 Slots of a pre-existing performance. The Amp name has been correctly updated but the Cabinet name stayed the same. Perhaps I had neglected to fill in that detail before copying this Rig into the Performance. Now I cant find a way to change it.

So it seems that within a Performance, Rig Manager

-can edit Slot label

-can edit Rig label

-cannot edit Amp label

-cannot edit Cabinet label

Is this by design or am I missing something?