Posts by nkay

Thx... Would love to hear your results :thumbup:

roughly 50% PR20, 20% SM57, 30% C3000. A little bit of post EQ with high pass and low pass to cut off the useless frequencies

Which cab and speaker did you use though? The file says "Recto 4x12/1960". I don't know if it actually is both at the same time, or you have the same tag on all the profiles and it could be one or the other. You also said the 1960 is a mix of T75 and v30 and I like that mix.
    You can try it yourself, just grab my profile from the RE and swap the cab ;)

Thank you the freebies! I tried swapping the cab from Cablab 003 into my profile JVM410HJS-V30 (on RE here). I prefer the Satriani JVM because it's more traditional and smoother than the stock JVM. Anyhow a lot of people liked my profile with the v30 cab, but I didn't quite like it myself because of that v30 fizzies in the upper mids which might sound great for modern metal, but I'm more of an 80's guy. So I swapped in that cab from your free 003 profile and it really got me where I wanted, even though mine is a older type profile, not 3.0 version.
    Just curious if you recorded the settings for that cab/mic combination as I would like to know what it is for future reference.

You can do it this way but remember a factory reset doesn't erase your rigs. You have to delete them manually (Rig Mangaer is convenient for this). Then retieve the factory content and import your old rigs.

Ok great, thanks. So a factory reset isn't necessary then if it's not going to erase any existing content?

What is the best way to start "fresh"? I think I'm running 2.7.4 and honestly would just like to blow everything away and start with a fresh 3.0 (beta) system so that I'll only have the 3.0 factory content + my own purchased, profiled, and fave RE rigs.
    Should I install 3.0, perform a factory reset, import factory rigs, then add my old rigs?

I've noticed this too recently, and only because I'm currently doing some tracking and using headphones so the small differences are more perceptible.
    I leave it in tuner mode because I'm constantly checking tuning, but at some point I noticed there was a slight difference (negatively) in the sound so I stopped doing that.

Wow these sound really amazing! I have to admit I've been pretty underwhelmed by most JCM 800 profiles on the rig exchange and commercial profiles (I have several), but these sound exactly what I've always wanted. PM coming!

Wow thanks so much! I've barely done many profiles, and that is only the second one I uploaded to the rig exchange. The first one was last year and it's the same amp, no boost pedal, and through a regular Marshall 1960A cab with g12T75.

I find the 1960A isn't that good for recording, so I rented a Traynor 4x12 (Canadian company) cab with v30s, and I was immediately impressed how well that recorded better. It really just EQs itself whereas the g12t75 I find there's a lot of tweaking and lot of cuts to get rid of the unmusical distortion noise.

This profile was boosted with a MXR Custom Badass Overdrive just ever so slightly to get some edge (Satriani JVM version is not as tight as stock JVM) and played with a Charvel Custom with Bare Knuckle Holydiver bridge.

I have never mucked around with the more advanced parameters like clarity and definition, but I guess it all depends what guitars and pickups you use, but I will try yours out.

Have many of your profiles favourited so glad to give back ;)

So the only case the "Upload" function will work is if there is a profile on rig exchange or a local profile, and you want it on your Kemper?
    I always just dragged and dropped files between them but I will try this.

so basically you can't upload to RE with RM.

Just tried uploading a new rig to the Rig Exchange via RM, first time I've tried it. I clicked the profile to select it, right-click to get the context menu, then selected Upload.
    But after that nothing happened, no message, no confirmation etc... I don't see it when I go to the Rig Exchange. Tried it again, same thing.
    I know you can upload directly from the RE website, which I've done before, but I thought I could do it directly through RM. Am I impatient or should I see some kind of "success" message, or how long does it take till it appears in RE?

Quote from nkay: “I attach my Kemper to my Macbook Pro via a USB hub. When I turn things off when I'm done playing, I turn the Kemper off, then close my Macbook Pro to put it to sleep.”
    does this also happen when you don't switch off Profiler and put the mac to sleep? can you post some more details like which version of OSX you're using?

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. It seems to recover after a several minutes, but often I want to start playing right away so I just close RM and restart it.
    As far as I can tell, it stays connected if I leave the profiler on, put the computer to sleep, then reawaken.

I attach my Kemper to my Macbook Pro via a USB hub. When I turn things off when I'm done playing, I turn the Kemper off, then close my Macbook Pro to put it to sleep.

When I open the Macbook Pro, and turn on the Kemper, sometimes RM does not see it. I can't find anyway of refreshing RM unless I close the application and restart it. Just a minor annoyance, but I wish there was an option to "Refresh RM" or something like to refresh the connection without having to restart the application.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for these, I'm addicted to your profiles! I think I like this one a bit better than the DSL one (just for my needs, not the actual profile quality, the DSL is top notch too). The JMP-1 has a bit of a smoother distortion character I think. No wonder Iron Maiden tours with these things going through the poweramp of their DSLs. Love the profiles with the mix of G12-T75 and v30 speaker the best.

Your profiles also convinced me to buy the MXR Custom Badass Overdrive yesterday. That is easily the best overdrive I've used with my Marshall JVM HJS, and DSL at home.