Posts by Silvertonekid

Ok, so hypothetically, when your on a clean patch and you enter loop mode and you record a loop, can you then change patches to a lead sound, change to loop mode again and record an overdub, and still have the original clean loop?? Or does the clean loop then turn into a lead sound when you change patches?? Thanks.

I don't really feel like thats auto gain. More like unity gain. Theres a difference. I was more talking about a feature that would sens and adjust to it. Like similar to the beat detector when you hold down the tap tempo button. If you held down the input, strum your string as loud as possible and then it senses how loud that is and makes the adjustment for you. Guitarists like simplicity and this seems fairly straight forward. Like I said, they already implement the technology on another part of the amp... so, why not?

Guitartone, it can't be that easy to understand if christoph has to explain it to every new user. Are you saying you didn't need clarification about what this actually did when you first bought the unit? You missed my point totally, i shouldn't have to shell out a bunch more money to get a 100watt tube power amp, when i bought the powered version of the kemper. Its more money, and it really meant for players playing live not so much recording. its rated at approximately 100 tube watts when you converts the rms wattage or whatever anyway.... You are totally misconstruing post dude, but your entitled to your opinion. So am I, and I was never saying that my way is the right way. I was just hoping it could help someone in my situation.

Seriously though, what's wrong with having it the way it is, but have a sub menu check box for "auto input gain"?? It won't affect you if you don't want it to. But for some people, it could could be a good starting point. Also, it could level your guitars for you instead of you trying to guess if your guitars are leveled correctly.

Christophe has explained the Input sense a hundred times but some guys just refuse to listen to him.

You can turn the Clean sense up as high as you like, that's up to you.
    For me the clean sense is extremely simple.
    I plug a guitar in, I bang on the strings and adjust the Clean sense so it's not permanently clipping. maybe an occasional orange/red flash.

Thats what i'm saying...with my guitar i would never get orange or red before. Even now turned up real high like it is, it's barely flashing green...

i wanted to use my passive 2x12 and my 4x12 cabinet.

passive 2x12 - cabs on

4x12 cabinet - cabs off

I could use the monitor out to my 4x12 and the mains to the 2x12 if my 2x12 wasn't it passive...

AFAIK, my options are buying a power amp, using just the 4x12 with no cabs, or the 2x12 with cabs...

Yes i do use the boost. But like i said in my post, i had been underwhelmed mostly because of where i had the clean and distortion sens I was not nearly as loud as i SHOULD be... I do have gripes about the kemper though, guitartone, but overall minus a two issues, its great.

For one, the complicated input senses (seriously no body completely understands what it does), and two, the one dimensional fixed signal path. Both problems could be fixed. Easily i might add...

Auto input sens, and route-able fx chain...Boom 100% improved. (Wish they would do this for the 3.0 release. Kemper we've been patiently waiting...)

For those that want an editable input sens, just have a checkbox available for those who want "autosens"...worst case scenario in will give beginners a rough ball park of where there input levels should be.

And the chain...I still can't figure out why they made the chain fixed. Some of us like several delays and reverbs and some before overdrive, etc.

Anyways, back to the subject of this thread. When i turn up the input sens its definitely boosting the pickups. I don't know if mine are on the quieter side or what, but it helped me a ton.I noticed that before the figured this out, the input would be green, and now, it is still green, but it flashes sometimes, which to me is good. Makes me think that its showing the kemper is receiving the right amount of input for proper function.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I just wanted to share my findings. So after about a year of owning the kemper power rack i had been a bit underwhelmed. Just because of the massive amount of hype, BUT I have found a major improvement to my tone. I have stock seymour duncan pickups in my guitar and i had always ran my clean and distortion sens pretty low or even negative, but i was being blown out of the water by my other guitarists tube half stack when i was running my amp on like 9.5.... So i tried running my clean sens at around 7.5 and my distortion sens at about 5.2 and i really liked the sound. It sounds much fuller, and i'm running it at around 5 now. Hope this helps someone.

Anyone know if they are planning to fix this issue?? It seems like it would be a lot better if you could turn off cab sims for one while not affecting the other. I know some people will want them the same, but this setup doesn't work for everyone, especially those who want to run a guitar cabinet with sims off through speaker out and frfr speaker with sims on through monitor out. Anyone have a workaround for this problem?