Posts by Rod

I'm latency sensitive to the point where it messes with my solo playing when using PODS or software but I really can't detect any in my Kemper. It's one of the reasons why I use it exclusively now...

I had similar issues...try running your fbt full range cab along with a 1/12 guitar cab... the combination of the 2 is just the best sound
    Put your fbt cab on a speaker stand and raise it up so that it's just above ear level...(this gets the horn out of your ear).. then put the 1/12 guitar cab on the floor....try this.....you are in for a treat!

Does it say anywhere what kind of Rosewood will be used on the Fenders? I only saw rosewood mentioned but no details on which kind. Brazilian can't be harvested anymore anywhere making that a difficult task for all manufacturers.

I love the feel of the full Brazilian necks......my personal favorite.
    sean

Does it say anywhere what kind of Rosewood will be used on the Fenders? I only saw rosewood mentioned but no details on which kind. Brazilian can't be harvested anymore anywhere making that a difficult task for all manufacturers.

I love the feel of the full Brazilian necks......my personal favorite.
    sean

Fender uses Indian Rosewood......

Rauol, you have made a very good point... it seems that the Internet has created a certain population of guitarists that are winers and babies that seem to gravitate towards digital gear like the Kemper... I just don't get it.... So some guitarists now need a computer editor because they don't want to turn the knobs on the Kemper or scroll through the profiles? That's just inconvienient? And now that they have one they dont like the look ?And there's not enough stomp.boxes and reverbs in the unit? Really? Its embarrassing ......

When you get used to a full range powered speaker it really is so much more toneful with more complexity to the tones of the Kemper. I use a Yamaha DXR10. I love that speaker. 800 watts. 32 lbs. The non powered toaster weighs about 8 lbs. Lighter is better ...

The undo/redo feature would be neat. If only because those are currently the only buttons on the Kemper that are still waiting for their function. I would use it for A/B-ing single parameter tweaks on the fly.

That would be nice... Other than that I think the Kemper is very complete....I don't want to see it turn into a complex axefx type box...

I ended up selling all my fx pedals after I got used to Kempers stomp boxes and fx. They really are quite stellar sounding and it's less stuff to haul around.

I had the same issue when I used my FCB1010 with my old 11 rack. The volume and wah pedals on the unit were very touchy and weird to use compared to real volume pedals that I have used for years. When I bought the Kemper I got a Tech21 Midi Moose and that switching is instant, which for live playing is kind of important for making smooth transitions between rhythum and lead tones/amps.

The best profiles I have found for the Kemper quite honestly have been from The Amp Factory. Imho...there is quite a difference in sound from someone just simply sticking a mic in front of a guitar amp and this done professionally using multiple mics and mixed in a recording studio environment. There are some freebees on the exchange from them.. they go by And44 as the author and the source is listed as TAF.
    Their Trainwreck, Goldfinger, Freidman and Marshall profiles are unbelievable ... (I don't work for them...just a guitarist who has found the ultimate tones)

In performance mode on my Kemper I use 5 of the same amp set from 1 being clean through 5 being the most overdriven. I then use usually 3 or 4 different cabs to achieve the tone I am after so sound #1 has say a Bogner 2/12 cab, sound #2 would have a fender cab. Same amp, different settings. I will say that I really like the cab tones that TAF has....and their amps :)