Posts by BrownDog

There are so many cross-platform programming languages and frameworks available in this day and age that it's highly unusual. If they are a month apart that is fine but, in the computer music world, usually things are Mac-based first then the Windows version comes later (take most professional level audio interfaces for example).

A hyperactive programmer with a good dose of Red Bull can knock out a simple editor/librarian in one or two nights so, I think maybe they need to throw some resources in that direction! :P

J

Really?

I must really suck then... :whistling:

Plus what's with all the critics already just by looking at one screenshot?

Well for what I am concerned (and this after spending many many hours on the process of designing and creating a librarian), thank you Kemper for finally giving us this update for free.

PS: We all bough the profiler knowing that such application wasn't available before, so there is no point saying that they should have provided it in the first place... ;)

Now hurry up with the foot controller (I am tired of my fcb 1010 midi monster) so I can give you some more money. :P

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of news lately but have been flooded with work recently.

I will be out of the country for two weeks and will contact people for the beta testing when I come back.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all.

A simple test you can perform to test this, in case you have a few amps/cabs in your house/studio:

Grab a good longish speaker cable (careful 'cause they are not the same as normal guitar cables). You might need a second one with speaker plugs in one end depending on your speaker connections on your cabs.

Round up a few amps with different cabs (try to use very different cabs i.e 1x10, 2x12, 4x10 and very different amps). They can be combos or head/cab combinations.

Now the fun starts:

Test 1 - Select 1 of of the cabs. Connect each of the amps in turn and play something short. Repeat for each amp.
    Test 2 - Select 1 of the amps. Connect each of the cabs in turn and play something short. Repeat for each cab.

You will be surprised with the results.

This works better with a mate to help you out with the cable switching.

Do not use a mic for this experience. That is another one test you can make at a different time when you are feeling bored... ;)

Hi Mats,

I hope you don't mind. I am using public profiles for testing. Upon release only shared profiles by users will be available.

Let me know if you wish me to remove your profiles from the screenshots.

Definitely a way to do some for of batch updating for the tags will be implemented.

I can't promise a very complex implementation on the first version, but a basic one will be there for sure.

The syle looks familiar. Made with Telerik?

;)

It will be sold through my website and you will get an account that will allow you too search/download/share/rate profiles with other users.

Hopefully first version will be out before end of year. Lot's of regular updates with new feature in the future.

Pricing models isn't finalized but if sold directly expect around 25$, including updates.

:)

Thank you for your kind words guys. Makes it all worthwhile! :D

Very elegant indeed :thumbup:

Two options I'd like to see (sorry if this has already been discussed or implemented):

the possibility to choose a subset of profiles and create an independent backup, so that user can load just some rigs and test/work with them;The possibility to add external profiles to ((or delete from) an already-existing backup/set.

Management of backups is definitely on the cards. Not implemented yet, but soon. Thank you for the suggestions. :thumbup:

Hi guys,

Today I arrived at a decent milestone: Both the import, editing and exporting of tags appear to be working without glitches.

Although it might not seem like much, it is for me the most important thing in the software, and I want to make sure it work without problems. :)

I have made a small video do demonstrate this basic feature. You can watch it on:

http://youtu.be/vWDy2wW-41Q

I will now dedicate myself to implement other features like sharing/downloading rigs from the website, comments and ratings and things like that. Will keep you posted.

I don't know if my coment is relevant but from what i remember, a forum member (Geraldo7 iirc) had some troubles using pictures from other people.

Especially if you sell a product , i think you can publish your pictures, but be careful if you publish/use pictures taken by other people, i'm thinking of license.

Totally right there Laurent.

The product will not come with any pictures due to those reasons. It will allow the user to add pictures to the rigs for his own personal reference.

:thumbup:

jcaster, desconto para ti tambem. :D

I am unable to see any of the images, Chrome, Safari.

My bad, I have moved my hosting to azure in preparation for some of the features.

Will fix it asap. Fixed ;) Also new pictures up this week.

It is starting to take shape... :)

Thanx guys. Will do some more work on the weekend.

Hopefully sometime next month I will be able to start a small closed beta with some of the functionality in place.

Start of portuguese side note...

Tone para ti sera com um enorme desconto. Suporte tuga ;)

End of portuguese side note.