Posts by Marcoyyz

Hi All, my album Out of Control, featuring Tony Levin, Jerry Marotta, Chad Wackerman, Pat Mastelotto and many others is finally out.

With the song video for Tomorrow, third single of the album has also been released. You can watch it here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The electric guitars are played through a Kemper. There is basically two profiles, one is a commercial Blackstar Artisan 15 and the other is a Marshall 4140 that I profiled myself.

The electric guitars are a Fender Stratocaster and a Burney Les Paul with Sustainer Pickup. I hope you like it!

The bass as well is played through a Kemper. Fender Bassman profile.

You can order the album in CD with 16 page booklet or digital download at the following link if you want to support me, or just listen to it on Spotify or any other digital streaming platform! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

https://marcomattei3star.bandcamp.com/album/out-of-control

Absolute pro stuff! Very cool. And you have absolutely great players with you there, Tony Levin is definitely one of my alltime favorite musicians... I remember so well back my school days when Peter Gabriel's "So" came out. Bam! The bass and the stick both made him sound so unique.

But you're songwriting is very cool as well, same is true for the guitar playing and the production. Top notch :thumbup:8)

Thanks so much! Tony is absolutely great. I am glad you liked the songwriting and production. I did also the mixing and mastering on this :)

Hi all, I wanted to share my new single "Picture in a Frame" from the my album "Out of Control" , releasing on November 19th.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson, XTC etc.) on drums and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel etc.) on bass

All the guitars are played using a Kemper-Amp Roland JC-120 profile, with some of the Kemper inbuilt effects.

The guitars played are Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster

Let me know what you think!

Ok, so please forgive this neophyte, I realize I am nothing if not a little schmalzy and predictable so it's probably a terrible idea or piece of feedback but I was sitting there listening and thinking I would really like if at the end of the verse it would modulate from the F#m not back immediately to the D but instead to the B for a whole bar to break up the rhythm slightly and then go back to the D (then back to rocking between A and D). That is however just me, my rationale for doing that would be to create an extra bit of tension in the mantra and allow a little hooky vocal flight.

It's interesting you say that. There is another song in the album where I do something like that. For this one I kind of did not want any additional tension... I wanted it as smooth as it gets harmonically and tried to create some interesting parts through the arrangement instead.

Fantastic line-up!

I'm in no position to give any feedback on the production or song. But it sounds great to me, I like the choice of instruments, good message and video too. Reminds me a little of the songwriting style of the Finn brothers, as they're about as good as it gets I hope you'll take that as a compliment. Excellent stuff, best of luck with the project!

Thanks Per! I am glad you liked it. I am not familiar with the Finn brothers... I will look them up and listen.

Hi All! I wanted to share with you "Would I be me", the first single from my album "Out of Control" which will be released by 7d Media on November 19th.

Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson) and Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates) are featured in this song.

I used Kemper Amp for all electric guitars in the album, with the exception of one song. In particular for this song I played a Burny Les Paul with a Sustainer Pickup and a Roland Jazz Chorus profile, with Compressor, Fuzz, Pedal Pitch, Whah Low Pass e Delay from Kemper.

Let me know what you think about the sound and of the song in general

For any additional info, please visit: http://www.marcomattei.art

External Content www.youtube.com

Same question here... have I missed something or is there still a lot of mistery around the controller's release date and functionality?

I have found a lot of discussions about layout od the buttons and size... for me the most important feature would be that there is no "sound holes" in the transition between a preset and the next one... at least in case the basic amp profile is the same and only the effect/gain/volume change...
    Something that in other machines would be called "scenes".

Thanks in advance for any information.

Marco

Hi all,

I am a new enthusiastic kemper user.

I always looked for this rare amp but never got the possibility to have one. This was used by, among others, Alex Lifeson from rush and srv...
    Anyone can help with a profile?
    I am ready to pay if someone with such amp is willing to make a professional profile.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Marco