Posts by jamme61

I see a you tube on a beringer without the chip. Do I need the chip? How much is it? I see a lot of stuff about this I'll start searching the web thanks again.

Get sick and tired of not being able to switch amps and effects, on and off, via a footswitch. I can't use this live without that. My question is, do I buy a midi switcher or wait for Kemper to offer one? I'm reading a lot of different post on this. Any news of a release date from kemper ? If no kemper FS then Rocktron Midi Raider ? If I have to buy a midi switch what would be the easiest to program? I like to be able to switch amps and then add effects to those amps, as I need them. I wanted to buy the Kemper because, I'm a caveman, when it comes to this stuff and don't need the headaches. Thanks for any info.

I'm newbie power head guy. IMHO why not get the power rack with the built in 600 watt amp? Its really light and it gives you more options. On my power head, its meant to run a traditional amp cab and a PA at the same time, with separate volumes for everything. You can still run the power rack like a non powered kemper if you want, into any tube or solid state amp.

thanks guys. One more thing. I'm using the KPA power head into a 2x12 cab, so I'm not using the cab sims. Are there different rigs that I should buy since I'm not using the cabs in the KPA?

I'm really new to this but I have noticed the lack of volume vs my 100 watt marshall. I have found if you hold down the output button it brings up a screen for an output boost. Then by turning the knob next to the gain knob you can boost the signal and get it more into the 100 watt marshall territory. Also you can double your power by running into a 8 ohm cab, instead of 16 ohm. I just got my Power haed last week so newbie here other guys will chime in.

I have the 32gb usb stick, do I just back it up on that or put on my conputer too? sorry for any stupid questions, thanks for all the time on this.

Thanks, feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things this thing can do. This will take some time for me to figure out. Love this thing!

I just got the KPA and upgraded to the latest software. My question is, should I do a backup to the USB stick? or is that only once I've added some rigs and tweeks? Thanks

I'm new to this stuff just got a Kemper power head. I'm running it into a 2x12 marshall cab. When I turn the cabs off and on it makes a huge difference in the tone. When the cab button is on it sounds very bassy and bad. Are you saying it sounds the same with the cabs on or off? It should make a big difference.I'm using the speaker output on the back(the red one marked 8-16 ohms) are you using another output?