Posts by timdabel

I just bought it too. Can't wait to try them out. I have been using one of the AC30 profiles as my main profile for about a year. The other day we had a company come in to do new speakers/amps/tune our sound system, the engineer said, 'wow, you have great tone!' - so thanks for the great tone @lonestargtr!

Awesome! Thanks for the free profile. I may not use it much as I don't do Styx covers, but, cool nonetheless. I think I may have to grab that 65 ACE pack of yours though! Thanks!

I guess you could say this is debatable. I think awhile back CK mentioned that he was planning on creating a shimmer effect that was done with reverb, so maybe we will get an 'official' shimmer reverb when they release the new reverbs.

Yeah, I can't wait to try 5.0 with the new delays on Sunday. I hope it works, the beta versions of their software pretty much always works. I will try playing with it like I normally do during a set and see what happens (ie, change performances, step on footswitches, etc.) If I'm confident in it, I may use it live, if not, I'll probably revert before Sunday.

I've been using the Mbritt Vox AC30. Works really great with my Gretsch for worship stuff. Just about any amp set to slightly broken up tone (when you strum so it is chimey but not totally overdriven and when you pick lightly it is pretty clean) works well. If you need help with effects, let me know. I have some presets I could share with you. I will try to post a factory rig with the presets I use as far as stomps and reverbs delays if I can. If you just want the effects and stomp settings that I use (which may or may not work well for your particular situation) I can share those presets with you. Obviously can't share the actual profiles I use but if you get any of the profiles mentioned in this thread, you can add the stomps and effects. Basically I use a compressor in slot 1, a pure boost in slot 2 (2.5db clean boost) a green scream in slot 3 and a mouse in slot 4. Then I use a pureboost in slot x (for a solo boost). Let me know if I can be of any help. I'd love to lend a hand.

I've never actually needed a backup as my Kemper has never had an issue that caused me to send it in or not be able to run it live. But, I have a Tech21 Sansamp Liverpool and a couple pedals as a backup just in case. That setup actually sounds pretty darn good. I used to use it live and it worked pretty well.

I have a single Rig or two for most of the songs in our team's current songs. They fill up like 10 performances. Most of them are set to the same few amp stacks. Then I copy the rigs I need in order into a couple performances I write over each week. I'm learning though that it might save me more time if I just dial up my favorite base rigs with the browse knob in my live performances and create presets of the Post effects section, since you can save all four post effect slots as one preset. Then I just have to go through and put the correct tempo in each rig. I think I like this new approach as I keep changing my mind about the amp stack I use and how I tweak it, which leaves my rigs for songs I haven't used in couple months with an different amp stack than I'm currently using, forcing me to do the copy paste save save save thing a lot. On the other hand, now that I'm integrating morphing and remote settings more, it probably would serve me better to just continue to create song specific Rigs. For a while though, I have been working entirely within Performance mode, and it might save me more time to create my song specific Rigs in Browse mode, as I can dial up rigs faster with the browse mode when in performance mode than I can scroll through 10 performances to find the one I'm looking for.

If you only want to run one amp stack at a time, one way to fix the issue you are having with your old songs being a different rig is to setup a performance with a rig, then lock the stack section. That way, all of your performances use the same amp/tone stack. This is what I did for awhile when I was switching but wanted all my tones to be the same so I wouldn't forget and run an old song with a different rig. I also set up presets for the 4 stomps as a section and the effects (I have one for each delay type actually - 1/4, dotted 8th, 8th, dotted 8th + 1/16, etc.) That way, I can drop one in to any song that requires those typical types of delay and have all my other 'effects' section remain the same when I copy and paste)

Thanks for the AC20 Swells! I've already downloaded it! Going to work on it tomorrow.

No problem! I hope it works for you. Like I said, the current one I am using has a .8th delay setup, but this works just as well. There is a chromatic pitch shifter, a tremolo and a wah pedal in the rig if you are so inclined too. Makes for some cool stuff if you mess around a bit. There is also a green scream with the gain waaaay up to sort of create a violin like sustain sound, but you could replace that with a fuzz for an even smoother sound. Play around with it and let me know what you think!

I generally don't need more than a rig or two for most songs. So I usually have 2 performances full of rigs for the 5-song set, with the rigs in a row for that weekend. I generally only use a few different base rigs for my core tones, with settings on post effects being the big difference between songs. Thus I generally have the BPM programed in for each rig used in those two performances. I find it's easier to do more with a fewer rigs than needing to bank between every songs. Thus I've started using morphing, with the morphs set to instantaneous with the remote stomps. This way I can lower the gain and up the delay mix for quiet parts with one step. I've also been using some external OD boxes in front, so I can just toggle one of these for a bit more gain. I generally have the internal screamer programed to a pre slot as well, so I always have the option to toggle that for a little bit more gain.

I have been thinking about setting something up just like this. I only use one profile, and ever since morphing came out, I can use that to change just as you describe. That is basically what I do with my 'standard' set, and I could play a whole set with that one performance. Coming from using a full pedal board setup with a loop switcher and multiple stomps, this is the way I'd prefer it, but I really like having the song names set up too.

Do you guys program your sets every week into the kemper?

I've got a performance for each song, then set up the set list for the week. I do that mainly because we don't have a click track and I need to have the song tempos preset on certain songs. Each performance has Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge and I leave slot 5 as a swells/ambient rig. That way I can always jump to that if necessary to fill some space. I do have a 'standard' performance set up that is set up to get me through just about any song, but I like to have the set list to sort of follow along and make sure I'm playing the right thing!