Posts by timdabel

Anyone have a "go to" Ambient Profile either on Rig Exchange or current 4.6 DLY/REV?

@kempmel @KPA_Leader
    Take a look on the rig exchange for Morgan AC20 Swells. (I just uploaded it, so it might be a bit before it shows up, not sure how long that takes.) It has the date created at the end but you should find it if you just type the first part. It is basically a Morgan AC20 (rmpacheco from the rig exchange) with a really long reverb and delay. The delay isn't .8th, but the new one I use is. Some guys don't use .8th on their swells, some do. Just change it if you like that instead. I use it for swells and for ambient stuff. It can be a lot, so play carefully! Also, I play a White Falcon, so you might want to play with the EQ on it if you have something markedly different.

I've really been happy with Mbritt's stuff, but I used Theampfactory stuff too (his Two Rock 35 profiles are awesome!) Mbritt's stuff is typically setup the way a guy playing P&W stuff would want, so that's why I went with his, plus his are very consistent from profile to profile in terms of tone, so if you wanted to you could change profiles mid song and not have your sound guy wanting to kill you. Not that you can't do that with other profiles, but Mbritt's work for me really well. Also, in terms of free ones, the Morgan AC20 that has already been suggested is great. Your plan for a performance per guitar with a slot for the variations in between sounds good. I actually have a performance set up per song, but that's because I have to set the tempo if the song is a certain speed, so I need the tempo preset. I just make a setlist each week (which usually only takes about 5 minutes) Works great. I have been toying with the idea of having just a couple of standard performances, then using the slots, I can switch to Intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc. In the context of church, it's nice to be able to just step on one switch and have it all set up, coming from the full pedalboard I used to have (even with the switcher) It is waaaaay less tap dancing. I think you are going to love the Kemper, it has been the best piece of gear I've ever bought. It works really great in a church environment too.

I'm using MBritt's profiles. I mostly use the AC30 3 Red but I've turned down the gain to about 2.5 or so. Sounds really great for slightly broken up worship stuff. I was previously using the '65 Princeton, but decided I wanted a change. I love Michael's profiles. I use performance mode and set up Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Outro for each song. This way I can set up delays to a preset tempo for each song. But basically I have my remote set up like a pedal board where foot switch I is a Boost, II is a Tube screamer, III is a Clean boost for volume and foot switch IV is Delay on/off or to switch from one delay type to another (ie .8th to 1/4 note delay). When I first got my profiler I used the Morgan AC20 profile because it sounded almost exactly like my Morgan DAG15 (sold that after I got the profiler). Now I only use the profiler, no external pedals at all.

I've got a White Falcon and play through MBritt's profiles. I use his AC30 profiles but for a long time I was playing the Princeton profile - it is awesome for a clean/mild breakup fender sound.

I'm going to try the pitch shift in combined with the delay on 100% wet and see what we get. Could be cool. My timeline did the pitch shifted delay trails thing (ICE mode) and I really liked it.

I have a powered toaster that I bought 3 years ago, never had a crash while using it live or at practice. The only crashes I had were on an older firmware when I tried to move rigs in the arrange menu too fast. That issue was fixed in the next released firmware. So, no real world issues for me. Very happy with the stability!

[quote='PIZZA','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/27876-Expression-pedal-dilemma/?postID=294780#post294780']I had a EP1-KP but sold it. For me personally I just didn't like the feel, especially for volume. It didn't feel natural and had a very short sweep. I prefer the EB VP Jr tone sucker, which BTW really doesn't degrade the tone to me much if you don't use the tuner out jack which I do not. The toe switch on the EP1-KP was another con for me using wah. The wah sound was tweakable and decent but it was way to easy to accidentally activate/deactivate accidentally. You could get a thicker rubber stopper I think to make it require more force to actuate but I never tried it. In the end I got the EB for volume and a Dunlop Petrucci wah and am very happy with that combo. YMMV, it's really a personal preference thing.[/quotea]

This is the exact same reason I returned my EP-1KP. I have the Dunlop Volume X which works great as a wah/volume combo. Nothing wrong with the Mission pedal, but the 'wah throw' wasn't for me.