Posts by lars11

have you checked if u can assign master volums to a pedal. Like sette Master L to 0 and Master R to 100. When you change to position of the pedal for toe to tip it changes til Master L 100 and Master R 0. In the middle it will be 5050., may be hard to hit excat. For 50/50 a separate preset lokks easier.
    You also have to step av stomp or so to make it sound a little different between L and R.
    havent checked if thos is possible myself.
    Did something like this with my Pod hd500. Used dual amp setup panned hard L-R, then switched one on/off. This on also had a 20ms delay. Use it for the start of ACDC Shock me all nught long when playing as the only guitar in the band, More a dubbing effect.
    But Kemper doesnt have the possibilty for running Dual amps, yet.

Dont use the harmonizer to often, just 1-3 notes in some songs.
    They harmony itself its quite good quality. What I hope they will add to an upcoming update is a delay setting for the harmonizer. If you set the harmonic tone to about 20-25ms delay and 100% mix it will sound more realistic since the notes aren't played excatly together. I Have a POD HD and there you can put the Harmonizer i L or R and add a delay with such setting. Thats sound more natural. Though the POD doesnt sound as good as the Kemper on simulation of course :)

Best thing is to have one transmitter for each person. Then you can have individual mix for each person in stereo.
    If two people sharing one transmitter they can either listen to the same ine stereo or run the system in Focus Mode. Then each have one channel for personal mix, in focus mode the mono signal is processed to both L and R.
    If you run in Focus mono(a kind of double mono) the sound your hear appears to be heard in the middle of your head, and seems to lack some definition. I dont recomend this as it feels very unatural.
    It works in a way if you only use a plug in just one of your ears, the one in line to the other members(if your on the right og the stage have the plug in your left ear). That way way the sound will came for the direction you see them. The other ear will hear the room, audience and PA system.
    If your 5 people you then need 10 available AUX's from the mixing console.

Though theese systems cost money, so even if stereo is the best you may not afford that at first.

Used IEM300 for some year in my band. It works very well. We dont have any amps at all on stage. We use Axe and Kemper for guitars, bass through a MXR compressor end DI, key straight in and drums are Roland TD9 through DI.
    For us it works excellent that way, no sound leak from stage only the PA sound. Makes it easy for soud engineer to make a good sound. We have own PA with digital mixer so its just minor tweaks to get the monitor right every time. We run 2 AUX pr person to the IEM transmitters. I can have a lower volum with IEM than with wedges, saves my ears from to much sound. Sound Engineer alsp have a spare reciever so he can listen to every person IEM settings.
    Only drawback on IEM is that you feel more on your own on stage since you dont hear audience well. I normally only use monitor at one ear and listen to PA and audience on the other. Large venues I have to use both ear with monitoring.

Easiest way to boost a preset, if you're satisfied with the sound itself for lead play, is to put an EQ in Stomp D or X. Boost volume some Db's. Depending on type of sound it might be an idea to boost the mid range so it cuts better through the mix without beeing to load.
    I you put it in stomp D it will boost the gain for the amp also, in stomp X it will only add volume. Use them most for clean presets.

Another way is to use the boosters. If I use one of thoose it's in front of amp. Lead Booster is fine for som types of sound since it raises the midrange also. But some sounds might sound a little to narrow, if so I use the pure booster.

Sure you also might use a distortion in front of amp, but I found them "colouring" the sound of preset much more. On some it though may be the right pick. ex the Green Scream will make it have more midrange and little less bass, better.
    I use distortions on light crunch presets where I like to have both more volume and a littel more drive for the lead.

BUT....most of the time I use the spesific lead programs in position 4 and 5, they have more volume permanent. Boosting with stomp I use mostly if I like som short licks to bed header better or playing lead on a preset that sound very different from normal presets. Like a Gilmour preset with a lot of effects. Then boosting the preset is the best for keeping the rigth sound and not programming to many presets overall.

It's no rules for whats right or wrong here. You have to test different setups for your presets and find out on each one whats suites the sound you're after the best way. I useally make som copies(save As) and test different setups. They I play them and stick to the one Iliked best. In the start you will test and tweak a lot but after a while you'll have an idea of which way to boost that is best for the preset you're making.

First I tried to use two wedges. But they had to much midrange to them so it didnt work well.
    Now I connect two small studio monitors, Fluid F5 self powered. Its much better.
    They best is to adjust the patches on the actual PA system but its not easy to get to all the time.
    My patches sounds a little different in our PA system than on the monitors. Probably because the monitors are small and 2 way full range and PA satelites and subs, guess the mixer might "colour" the sound slightly as well.

Both.
    Mostly I change slots for songs. But on some slots I kick inn effects, mostly Boost for lead fills, somtimes to add a delay, asn sometimes harmonizer.
    Have stomps on upper and slots on lower. All stomps are on same location in each slot so I can add/remove effect if needed.
    Dont use Performance Mode but have set midi channels so it works the same way on browser mode. Dont like Preformance mode since it changes some when I press bank up or down. In browser mode it dosen't change sound until I press a slot in any bank.
    Banks are set slot 1 clean sound, 2 chrunch sound, 3 drive sound, 4 clean/crunch lead, 5 drive lead. Som banks the sound are near dry and some have more effects.

Use FCB1010 witk Uno4Kemper.

U know that i Performance mode it store a "copy" of your preset compered to browser mode?
    Meaning, if you change a parameter in a preset i you have to reload to preset i performance.
    So when you've changed the delay and stored. Then you must navigate to the slot where your preset is and then browse for it with the nob and then press load. Finally you have to store the performance.
    Had some issues on things like this myself earlier. Occasionally i had to make a copy of the preset and the reload that since the original preset refuse to change.
    I dont use performance mode theese days because of not wanted issues chaning banks via midi.

For gigs I use to have my POD HD500 as backup. I doesnt sound as good as Kemper but its a compact thing to have as a backup. I dont use amps but connects directly to the PA.
    I normally have two guitars on gig anyway.

One thing thats very important to check is that u never connects your equipment to socket your not sure of having a stable voltage. On a stage some sockets may have faders connected and the it will go all wrong.
    I friend of mine did that som months ago and had to call my urgent to borrow the POD for the gig. (I'm not "mean" that didnt gave him the Kemper, I bought that some weeks later)

Delay on pitch will be nice. Missing that comapred to mye POd HD500. There i put the harmonizer in the left signal chain with a digital delay in front(settings about 20-25ms and FB at 50%). This makes the hramonized signal sound more like to guitars playing since the tone appears slighty after the original tone.
    Another function I liked on the POD is the ability to active more than one stomp on the same switch on the foot controller. With one switch I deactived the rythm delay and activated a lead delay with som more FB and volume, the dubbing delay in front of the Harmonizer and the Harmonizer.
    I hope there will be possible to run parallell effects after amp in a future firmware. LIke using a short delay on one side for dubbing effect or an Eq on one side to make sound a little wider.

Anyway the Kemper sounds much better overall then the HD500, so I want get back :)

U can browse by favourites as well.
    Another option is to name your presets so they are put in the same area. Ex. name them 1-"name". Then all your presets will be the first presets in your kemper.

One thing u may check.
    When your making presets you probably use the browser mode. Then you add the preset to a slot in performance. This is kept as a unique preset in the performance mode. If you go back and change something in the preset in browser mode it want be changed in performance mode unless u reload the preset. If the system messes up this and maybe load up the preset stored in browser mode when you change preset in browser mode it might be i difference in sound and which stomps are active.
    I had an issue with one of my presets when I tried to use performance mode. I had put a preset in slot 1, and then I adjusted volumes on all presets in that performance to be the same level. Then I stored. But when I recalled the first preset it was much loader then I had adjusted earlier. I went to browser mode and made a "store As" and named it "name" + 2. Then I went to performance mode and loaded the new copy of the sound into the slot. Then then volum issue disappears. Guess there's some minor bugs in the SW yet.

So i you havent checked already:
    - Check that the stomps you have off is off on that preset in both performance mode and in browser mode.
    - Try to make a copy of the preset and load the new one into the slot in performance mode.

Havent read or tried all functions in the Kemper yet. Check if things like "direct edit" or "autoload rigs" makes a different.

Are u running Kemper in Performance og Browser mode?
    I'm using Browser mode. Have preset setups clean, crunch, drive, lead clean/crunch, lead drive. I have stomps in most of my presets.
    When I press a stomp in a preset it stays on until I switch it off or change preset. When I go back to the first preset its like orginal with the stomp turned off.
    I use browser mode cause there's a "bug" i performance. When I chang bank Kemper changes to the corresponding preset in next bank. It doesnt wait for me to press a preset. In browser mode it waits.
    Have heard there will be som changes on that issue in an upcoming SW-version.
    Therefore I havent used Performance that much so I cant remember what happens with stomps.

The FCB1010 firmware won't help much if there's no FCB1010s available. I placed an order last April, and don't yet know when or even if it will arrive. Behringers Norwegian distributor says they've had FCB's on order for more than a year. Some are expected in November, but it's unlikely to be enough units to cover the order backlog. Is the controller being discontinued? I know the controller is available from a few international sources, but private import with fees and shipping-costs would make the controller 3 or 4 times more expensive.

I ordered my FCB in june and got it early august in Norway. Check som different stores, some might have one in storage.

I have done two different things.
    Mainly I have a clean, a crunch and a driven sound on the first 3 preset. On presets 4 and 5 I have lead presets which are louder. nr 4 is a clean solo tone and nr 5 is more driven.
    I have the same setup on alle banks. Though som of the presets exist in several banks.

Since I have ABCD and X as stomps I skipped D. I never switch that much effects within a song.
    So i dropped to have a switch for D. I put the wah here and its controlled by the exp pedal anyway.
    On A B I use Comp and Dist. C is normally an EQ if used. In X I have the harmonizer on some lead programs. No need to boost since their loader already. In rythm programs I have a Pure Boost there so I can make it a little louder for a short lick whithout having to use a lead program. For licks they are normally to load.
    On the stomp switches on the FCB 1 controls A. 2 controls B. 3 controls 2. 4 controls delay on and off. 5 controls X.

Have you done a full calibration of the FB1010 after you installed til Uno 4 kemper chip?

http://www.behringer.com/assets/FCB1010_P0089_M_EN.pdf
    I did this before i connect it til KPA and it has worked well all the time.

Only thing I haven't figured out is when the KPA is in browser mode the midi changes works well. As long as i have assigned each preset to the correct midi number. When I press banks up or down the presets dont change until I step on a preset button.
    But when in Performance mode the preset changes to the corresponding preset in the bank I'm change to. Ex. when on preset number 2 in bank 1 it changes to preset number 2 in bank to when I press bank up. Someone having the same problem?
    Havnet tride that much to find out whats causing it. I only use 10 presets so I run the KPA i browser mode for the moment.