Posts by unperfectcircle

Hi,

I’d like to request a way to control the parameters of a selected block in multiple rigs at the same time.

Example: let’s say that I have a performance with 5 rigs; the same profile is loaded in Rig 1 and 2 and another profile loaded in Rigs 3 to 5 (usually I use a couple of profiles/amps at best with different levels of gain).

At this point, let’s say I’m at my gig’s soundcheck and I need to change the Bass parameter on the amp block loaded in Rigs 3-5 of my performance; right now the only option is to make the changes in Rig 3, copy and then paste in Rigs 4 and 5.

I think it would be incredibly handy to have an option to “link” selected blocks/parameters in selected rigs in a way so that, if I quickly need to change a parameter in multiple rigs (following the previous example, the Bass in the amp block in Rig 3-4-5), I can set it up so that if I change it in Rig 3, the new value automatically applies to Rig 4 and 5 without having to copy/paste the whole block.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

could you please tell me if there’s a way to control the parameters of a selected block in multiple rigs at the same time?

Let’s say, for example, that I have a performance with 5 rigs; the same profile is loaded in Rig 1 and 2 and another profile loaded in Rigs 3 to 5 (usually I use a couple of profiles at best with different levels of gain).

Let’s say I want to change the Mids on the profile loaded in Rigs 3-5 of my performance; is there a way to “link” the rigs in a way that if I change Mids in the amp block of Rig 3, it automatically applies to Rig 4 and 5 or the only option is to Copy and Paste the block from one rig to another?

Thanks a lot

+1000000 on this :D

Those parameters can make things really interesting for those who like to go that deep or those who need to replicate more complex studio fx/automations. I'd love to see them added to the k and I can't think of a better guy for the task than Christoph, especially considering his amazing work before the toaster.

Thanks a lot guys, I tried your suggestions and I was able to program the effect using morph and the Wah Lo-Pass block...great! :)

Am I the only one who dreams about the adding of LFOs, envelopes, ADSRs, sequencers and other more "synth-related" controllers that can be attached to amp/fx parameters and make things even more sonically interesting?
    Considering his amazing history, who would be better than Christoph in doing that? I would truly love this, keep my fingers crossed :)

Thanks again to all of you \m/

I think you could probably achieve it by linking the frequency to morphing with a preset rise and fall time. You would then activate morphing by a switch click rather than exp pedal.

thanks a lot, that sounds great!

Could you please tell me which frequency should I use? I mean, in which block can I find this parameter?

Hi,
    don't know if you're still looking, but having owned a Diezel VH4 in the past, I can also suggest the profiles from http://www.vh4profiles.com:

https://youtu.be/f2QrGykwskg

They're surely not as popular in the community as the Lammert or TAF, but I bought them and I really liked their tone and - even more - the feeling under the fingertips, just like the Bogner XTC 20th Anniversary pack from Pete's Profiles (another amazing pack imho).

Regarding the tone, I find them very versatile, definitely more towards rock than modern scooped metal, and again the feeling is right...I owned a real VH4 (mainly because of Adam Jones as many of us lol) and for my experience and taste, they really nailed what it felt like playing the real deal.

Got some of their packs and I really like them for studio use; they’re more “mix-ready” than other profile makers.

Pricey as hell, but if you do studio work and reamping a lot, they can easily become your go-to packs and ultimately save a lot time by a)limiting choices and b)providing tones that require less work to sit in the mix.

I wouldn’t suggest them for live use though, as they would require heavy EQ tweaking to sound right at loud volumes; basically the reason why they sound great in the studio is the same why they would rip your ears off at gig volumes lol.
    For that kind of usage, my favs are Britt, Bert Meulendijk, Tone Junkie (especially the Bend Sun pack), VH4profiles.com Diezel VH4 pack and Pete’s Profiles 20th Anniversary Bogner Ecstasy profiles.

Hope this helps :)

Logically, the only way I can think of is to fire a full-spectrum pulse (starter pistol, balloon pop or other full-bandwidth "click") through the Kemper with all modules except the Cab one turned off.

Top and tail the resulting file (remove pre and post-waveform "silent" data) and you'll have a conventional IR.

I suspect you knew this already, but I'm afraid there's no other way to make the conversion AFAIK.

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.
    Yes, that's what I meant by "going into the whole IR recording process".
    I was wondering if there's a faster and more consistent way to do it, like a conversion tool or something like that.

Thanks anyway for answering me :)

Hi guys,
    is it possible to convert a cab module into a .wav impulse response?
    I know that CabMaker can convert IRs to cab modules in order to be loaded on the KPA, but I was wondering if there's a way to do the other way round without going into the whole IR recording process.

Thanks a lot :)

Hi guys,
    I'm opening this thread just to publicly show my appreciation for the Pete's Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary profiles.
    I'm NOT affiliated to the guy in any way, shape or form...I just got his profiles and thought they were absolutely amazing!

When I was shopping for a tube amp a few years back, I tried a Bogner XTC 20th Anniversary and I was blown away.
    I ended up buying my beloved Diezel VH4 simply because I've always been more into that particular tone, but I clearly remember how it felt to be right in front of that roaring beast and these profiles gave me the exact same feeling! Unbelievable!

Congrats to Pete for these profiles, they are truly amazing! 8)

Hi,
    as a feature request, in my opinion it would be great if HP and LP filters could be added in the Output EQs (and even in the Stack block for further flexibility).
    That would make things a lot easier on stage and also save an fx block.

Hope to see this feature added sooner or later :)
    All the best!