Posts by perlan77

Hi guys.

I noticed a change in the sound (have a profile of my own amp) when upgrading to firmware 2.4.0. To me it sounded more dark but I thought I was hallucinating
    Then I went to this forum and found more people experienced the same thing meaning I couldn't have imagined the thing. I decided to do a quick test to see if it was true. I recorded a short 2-second clip with my Line 6 back track (to ensure the playing was identical) and played that clip through with the different firmwares.
    This is the order of the 4 clips

1. My existing 2.3.3 upgraded to 2.4.0
    2. Downgraded to 2.3.3 and did a hard reset (tuner+top left button above the LCD) and imported only the one rig
    3. Upgraded to 2.4.0 plus a hard reset followed by a complete restore of all rigs and settings
    4. Hard reset af the 2.4.0 and imported one rig only

What's your impressions?
    Link to soundcloud

I also noticed a small volume change between the takes that I can't explain.

Rgs John

Sorry for asking a newb question but if it's being transferred digitally through S/PDIF, what's with the clock sync? Shouldn't bit for bit be transferred regardless? I'm completely lost here so bear with me please :). I basically unpacked the thing, hooked it up and played happily through the normal outputs but am about to start recording some stuff so while on the subject of S/PDIF...

I've got a DAW with 4 channels so here is my idea:
    Record the dry amp plus the raw guitar signal through (S/PDIF) on channel 1+2. In the same time have the normal outputs for the Kemper to feed my FX and possibly record that on channel 3+4 on my DAW. Later I'd be either using plugins for FX on the dry amp signal (from CH1) or stay with the recording on 3+4 for a wet/dry/wet thing
    Am I onto something here or am I far off?

My understanding is (was) S/PDIF is be the most optimal way of transferring what actually comes out of the Kemper (no unnecessary AD/DA going on), right?

Now another question, is there a latency in the S/PDIF connection? To stay with my present DAW I will need a coax to toslink adapter, anyone has any experience with that? Will that add latency? I'm thinking electric - optical - electric..
    Am I better off getting another (cheap) DAW that does support coax S/PDIF and just aggregate the DAW's on my Mac Mini?

Again, I'm all new to the Kemper as well as advance home recording/reamping so please excuse my ignorance.

Cheers!

Hi fellows.

I've got my hands on some cabinet IRs and I've converted them with Cabmaker (for Mac). But when I put them on the stick (shared folder) and try to import them, Kemper claims there's nothing to import. Is there something I'm missing or what? How do you get the IR into the Kemper?

Thanks!

Doesn't the Palmer PDI03 have a built in CAB simulator already? Or can you select that on/off?