Posts by DukeOURL

I have a ton of Andy's stuff.. love them.. been heavy into his 2-Rock assortments lately.. but in keeping with your Friedman post... Soundside has an awesome Friedman Pink Taco profile that just kills!! I used it on a track this morning and it just hammers with a wall of overdrive guitar... I love the Friedman amps... I'll have to get Andys as well. thanks for the heads up!

For me RM for Mac beta is history, yesterday I "deleted" about 150 rigs and when I switched my KPA on again, nothing was deleted and I could start from the beginning. Too many bugs and wasted time for me.... I'm waiting for the officlal version before I'll use RM for Mac again.

If I need RM, I'm back on the Windows-version, much more stable and no "myterious" incidents.

+1 :)

I'm using Mavericks (10.9.4), is everybody satisfied with RM for Mac, are there more users having troubles?

I just dumped it a couple of weeks ago... might as well wait until they get it a bit more debugged. transferring files and ownership/user ratings was a pain.

I'm fine for a while as I have other projects that don't need RM and I can fallback on my Win version whenever I need it.

I wish I could help you.. I dumped my RigKontrol III and got the FCB1010 and so happy for the change. The RigKontrol just gave me too many fits trying to program it. I've only turned on Guitar Rig 5 one time since I purchased the Kemper... you know? best of luck with that controller.

And welcome to the forum...

dunno here.. been participating in this thread from the beginning... seems it was about MW's Signature Pack as the title states and has always been touted a free pack by the KPA team. Commercial profiles promotion should be kept in the commercial area provided. The moderators have always been good at keeping things in line most of the time... unless its about Macs.. :)

I'm sure MW will do fine with his commercial rigs and wish him the best of success marketing them! Maybe, eventually the MW Signature Pack will come out and we can put our hands on some of them. I'm definitely looking forward to that day.

the medium and heavy profiles sound good from the demo but the clean were less than impressive to me... I'm interested in multiple profiles of an amp, much like Andy provides, which provides a variety of sounds of the amps capabilities, whereas MW has provided a spot or two of an amp with 2 to 6 profiles of it. It's more of a one shot of an approach... "I hope you like it" kinda thang...

so for specialty one shots, the MW's will be great I'm sure.. but for me, I'm prefer more coverage of the breadth of the amp... which provides more room for creativity and toning to ones likeness or needs.

you have the main analogs as well so you can get the stereo profile there and use the spdif's to get raw and processed w no efx. pretty much covers everything when recording..

Does that mean you changed the user name on your Kemper (more than once?)?

dunno... didn't think so.. thought I only changed it once but who knows? I wonder if the Kemper team knows a way to see how many names there are on a single installation.

there is an alert when you connect a Profiler the first time. it attempts to explains exactly that and offers you to match the name by changing the name in rig manager.
    best, gs

It falls short of a clear understanding for an explanation...

and I put it back to "Me" as the user and I only got a few of my favorites and ratings back, not all of them.. there needs to be a way to migrate fabs and ratings or at minimum, see previous users... so you can revert back and get all of the ratings... maybe a way to consolidate user ratings into a new user.. something.. I gave up.. it just absorbs way too much time..

i can copy 999 rigs as much as i want and nothing gets lost, not sure if i want to put or at the end of the sentence... pls use the contact form within the help menu and report your findings.
    thanks, gs

thank you for the response GS.. based on your response, I'd put a :( on it... I'd love to know how you got 999 rigs transferred since I was only trying to get 700ish..

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused about your ending note as you've requested that I use the contact form to report my findings.. I thought we used the form for support such as how to do something such as this... I was thinking contacting technical support was for fixing KPA units and such, like my failing LED's.. If my understanding is incorrect then my bad, sorry.

Thanks Gizmo.. I'm sure that's my problem too.. they default to "Me" for whatever that is.. and I changed it to my handle.. guess I shouldn't have.. Maybe they could make a note about this in their manual or release notes which would be helpful for future reference..

So I went to MyProfiler and did a copy all rigs and pasted them to a new directory in my local library.. there were 729 rigs copied but only 50 rigs pasted.. any thoughts?

I loaded RM Beta on my studio mac today,.. no problem with the initial installation; the OS is 10.9.
    I then proceeded to transfer my local library from the PC version of RM over to my mac according to the instructions outlined in the manual. The result was that the rigs and library transferred but the ratings and favorites didn't. Any thoughts?