Posts by sambrox

Yes, it’s a “soft” momentary switch. In my experience, it takes a decent amount of force to engage it, as a regular wah, so I have no problems with it accidentally engaging.

Yes absolutly Yes, i know it's not comparable for a gap price of 1400$ you can obviously expect so much more but still it's a bit a dowgrade not to be able to do things that a 200$ software can do you see

Different philosophies, different architectures. The Kemper uses a specific DSP chip with onboard audio processing and is programmed in assembly, I believe, enabling lowest possible latency (which contributes to many concluding that the “feel” of the KPA is more realistic than other modellers). Bias FX is software, and by nature is reliant on whatever the specs of the system you run it on, yet still hampered by the software routines and efficiency of coding. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

I know the TS cable is good because it works for Morph

You need to use a TRS cable with an expression pedal. TS cable is fine for switches, which is why it will turn morphing on and off (it will see the extremes of the pedal as on/off), but won't work for expression.

I was thinking that maybe the Stage, being brand new and I guess with plans to be around at least 5 years , might probably have a newer and more powerful chip which could allow more.

The Profiler uses a unique DSP chip that hasn't been updated, and doesn't look like being updated in the future. As it is apparently coded at machine level (presumably to ensure the lowest latency possible), migration to a new chip would almost certainly mean that the differences between the Stage and the other Profiler versions would be much greater, feature- and sound-wise, and would also mean a lengthy coding and debugging process, before they were ready for release.

Heard about this on internet, but never knew if this was really used or just another crazy rumour

I was the same, until I tried it with some of my guitars. All my favourite-sounding guitars are very loud acoustically and exhibit this trait. Those that I feel lack sustain and just are more of a fight to play have less of a vibration transfer and sound dull acoustically. However, please note it can also be detrimental; really lively guitars won't mask any mistakes or sloppy playing, the same way really dynamic amps won't. For this reason alone, I really have to up my game when playing my James Tyler Studio Elite HD, which is hollow and is by far the loudest and most resonant of my guitars acoustically!

Muddy is right. If the guitar is hanging on the wall, try plucking the B string and place your other hand on the bottom edge of the guitar, near the strap stud. You should feel the vibration through the wood. The stronger the vibration, the more resonant the wood. This points to there being a good tight neck pocket and well-joined body pieces (obviously in two- or three-piece bodied strats), but also how well seasoned the wood is. As someone else said, the better a guitar sounds acoustically, the better it will sound plugged in (unless the pickups are really bad, but those can be swapped). This quick test can help you to not waste time playing every dud in the shop.

Try different profiles. For example, MBritt profiles were created for live use with FRFR, whereas sinmix creates and tests his in the context of a studio mix, often multitracked. As most people are aware, guitars on a record can stand a heck of a lot more high end than most would be able to stand at live volumes, often to the detriment of mids ("smily face" scooped EQ shape). It might just be as you say, a matter of increasing the mids.

There’s no copy/paste function on the stage for performances slots.

If OP is on a toaster or rack this is indeed another way to do it.

From the manual :

COPY and PASTE Buttons (N/A)

In case you miss the COPY and PASTE buttons that you know from the other PROFILER variants, there is good news: The PROFILER Stage offers a clipboard, too!

You can copy and paste any module (A-D, Amplifier, Cabinet, X-REV) as well as the entire stack section. When a module is in focus, hold its button again for two seconds to open the copy/paste screen. For the stack section, press both AMPLIFIER and CABINET buttons to enter the stack section and then hold both buttons again for two seconds.

Following the same principle in Performance Mode, you can also copy and paste complete Slots by holding the RIG button for two seconds.

Use this copy and paste function to grab a module and copy its data to another similar location. For example, you can copy and paste the settings of one module to another, either within the same Rig, or another Rig entirely. To do this, first open a module, hold its button again for two seconds, then select “Copy” on the screen. Next, select and open a destination module, press its button again, holding it for two seconds, then select “Paste”. Voilà!

Once you have performed the paste, the most recent contents of the clipboard are still retained until the unit is powered off, so you are free to continue pasting them as many times as you like.

In general, you can use common sense to determine whether the PROFILER will let you copy settings from one module to another. For example, you cannot copy the reverb settings to the amp module. However, it is possible to copy/paste content between effect modules A, B, C, D, X, MOD, DLY and REV. Go ahead and try whatever you want - you will be alerted if what you're attempting is not possible.

You can copy and paste slots in performance mode too, negating the need to export to pool. You can also lock the Stomp and Effects sections on the slot you want to copy the morphing from, then change to the slot you want to copy to, then store. Remember to unlock after storing. This also only applies to morphing parameters NOT in the Stack section.