Posts by sambrox

The external storage menu is for the USB stick (I never do backups via Rig Manager - I don't know how - and for some reason feel that having them on USB instead of my computer is somehow safer, haha!). I think it's a soft key that appears once the stick is connected in Browse mode, IIRC.

Cheese,
    Sam

Nice one! I'll get on that shortly... What's a suitable capacity USB stick for use with the KPA (if it's going to require formatting...)

I've actually edited (and stored) a couple rigs to my taste already... Will updating the firmware lose them now? (and if so, how do I back these up beforehand...?!)

Also, just reviewing the basics manual and in 'Performance Mode' it states that rigs store to a separate memory than their 'Parent Rigs' (if edited...) - is there a way to back these up also ? Or will rig manager back up everything anyway?!

Performance rigs need to be exported back to the Browse pool, if you want to store them individually. Otherwise, they get backed up with everything else when you choose to backup the system from the External Storage menu. It's quite easy.

As for memory stick size, anything will do as a start. Firmware updates are a little over 6 MB, backups a little more (if I remember correctly). Individual rigs are around 4 KB, so even maxing out the profilers Rig capacity won't be anywhere near that of a memory stick.

Cheese,
    Sam

Really? I've NEVER noticed those! When I was there last week, there were three brands I didn't recognise (but were insanely expensive) and three Brootz guitars (8 strings and the like) in the cases. I'll have to run by there after work tomorrow and have a gander :)

Cheese,
    Sam

Yeah, bought my Starla from Woodstock on Borgergade. Haven't seen much of interest on DBA for a while, though. There are a couple of German shops that don't mind shipping to DK, I think I'll broaden the net to include them. Cheers Michael.

Cheese,
    Sam

Not sure about purchase history.. its Ok here. nothing links to "1" from our web tree. (look at me sounding all knowledgeable.. but pssst, I don't know any of this stuff, just what my web guy tells me to say)

Maybe close the browser and try again.

Have a good day sam.
    Andy

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pictures speak louder than words (especially when they have a northern accent... ;) )

Cheese,
    Sam

Hey Andy! Thanks for this :)

Just tried to buy the Evil Robot from the Custom Shop, but for some reason there's an error when trying to contact PayPal. Dunno if it's your end or theirs, but just thought you'd want to know.

Cheese,
    Sam

ps whenever I log in via the 'Purchase History' box, it forwards me to web address "1", which of course isn't a legitimate url, so I get an error there, too

Maybe the US has a different stock pool (I take it you are an Early Bird, so won't even ask about that)?

Cheese,
    Sam

Awesome stuff!!! Tim, you are a diamond. A gentleman and a scholar. I bow before you! Thank you ever so much. This is it for me now, I'm set. :D

Cheese,
    Sam

I was testing my converted wah pedal last night - it works like a charm! I even installed a momentary switch and used the extra jack socket à la Mission EP1-KP (which I also own, haha!). So easy to do and is recommended, if you have a broken wah pedal lying about doing nothing.

Cheese,
    Sam

Picked up remote 5 minutes ago! Happy as I can be to have it... happy the box seemed to be in decent shape....BUT...I open it up and get disgusted real quick....not even in the little white foam packing??? What the???? Then I find two bent corners, 6 switches completely hand loose, the bar completely loose - rattles, so I have to open it to tighten everything, does that affect warranty? Jeez so and you tell me how you would feel after waiting and spending $600. Sure hope it at least works.... Ridiculous, this isn't UPS's fault this is crap ass packaging, CK please get involved with whomever made the decision that this is sufficient QC. How do I get a new remote sent out packed correctly for shipping and so there is no damage without being impacted by having to send mine back first?

That's unacceptable. Someone's messed up big time there. If it was packed correctly, it would've sat very snugly in the cardboard box. Mine was so snug it wasn't easy to get it out of the box at first, much better protected than yours. I'd get on to support very quickly, I'm sure they'd want to know that something has been sent out like that.

Edit : good old G String, quick on the draw as usual!

Cheese,
    Sam

That looks comprehensively awesome! Tim, you're up for Profiler of the Year! When you've managed to get through that list, if you still have the time and not least the will, would you be willing to make a Direct Amp profile as per the first on the list, but with the gain at 4? Just one eensy weensy teeny tiny profile, pretty please? I'll be forever in your debt and you'll be forever on my Christmas card list!

Cheese,
    Sam