Posts by sambrox

I think you might be right there Andy, unfortunately. The Rivera isn't very well known, and people generally go with the rest of the herd, so no matter how good it sounds, they just won't give it a shot. JCM 800/900 etc. are much safer bets, even if it's pretty ridiculous to be talking safe bets when they cost less than an afternoon in the pub! Same goes (even more so, given it's the same brand) for the JTM.

You know what, though? I might just purchase them right now! Then I really have a reason to get out to the studio, haha!

Cheers,
    Sam

No you put the Remote and the pedals inside the case.
    Because of their own height the lid is not disturbing for me, Although you could put them higher if you cut hard foam of 1 cm thicker (which is very easy to do) and lay it on the floor of the case.

Oh, shame. This is the one I've got.

By the way, I've seen people drill holes in their board and use those plastic fasteners that police use to cuff football hooligans with to fix pedals securely.

Edit : actually it's this one

Cheers,
    Sam

Looks like a great, permanent solution. I've had some success with this stuff, though. Only problem being, that if you ever DO want to move your pedals, you'll have to use a new set of strips, as it's always the glue that gives before the Velcro separates. Once it's unstuck, it's useless.

Cheers,
    Sam

Well, officially people say you should calibrate your monitors to 87dB or thereabouts (or maybe that's mixing for cinema. Can't remember). I find that to be too loud however, so I have mine more around 78dB. Use an SPL meter and you won't go far wrong.

Cheers,
    Sam

I think the problem (for want of a better word...) with turning Cabs off and playing through a guitar cab up to now has been that the Profiler only has an estimation of the cabinet part of the profile to go off, so the results are less than 100% realistic. The new way of profiling captures the signal post power amp but pre cab, albeit with the cab still connected to the amp so that the interactivity between the power amp and cab is also captured. Running this "DI" profile through a clean solid state power amp (such as those built in to the Power Head and Power Rack) into a guitar speaker replicates the signal much more realistically, enhancing the Kemper plus guitar cab experience. You can then profile a second time, this time capturing the signal post cabinet as per usual, which then allows the KPA to subtract the DI profile from the Studio profile (as they're now calling the full profiles), leaving the pure cab. This in turn means that you can mix and match Cabs with different profiles and get much more accurate and consistent results. You could then make your own profile using your own cab, then merge the Cab with the commercial profile. This way, you'll know that the sound you're hearing on stage is the same as through the FOH. Or imagine you've tweaked your Rig, but wanted to swap out a mic as you might in a studio. Well, you can, just by changing the Cab part of the profile (just requires multiple passes on the profiler's part, once he's set the mics up). I know this has been theoretically possible already, but the results have been less than perfect. I'm well looking forward to seeing what creative uses commercial profilers can otherwise come up with :)

Cheers,
    Sam

I think we might see a Beta during/after NAMM (where I'm assuming they'll be showing off the 3.0 features), but yeah, the official release probably won't happen until the Remote starts shipping (sometime in February for Early Birds, according to a reply I got from Kemper yesterday).

Cheers,
    Sam

I'm not sure if I should buy it thru the Kemper store as the early birds are not suppose to do so. am I wrong?

Early Birds order through the store like regularly, using the email address they used when getting on the EB list in the first place, then Kemper check the orders and emails against the EB list.

Cheers,
    Sam