Posts by LeonardoVB

I have Mesa Two Ninety, running stereo to an Egnater cab (4 X 12 celestion Vintage 30`s speakers). It sounds amazing both with KPA or AXE FXII. But a lot better with KPA, in my opinion and considering I play 7 string guitar mostly, and metal/rock stuff. I also sounds really great on another amp I have, that is the Line 6 Spider Valve, a Bogner project, and, to be honest, I even prefer using the line 6. I run mono on Line 6 and it has 1 vintage 30s speaker only. But really loud. Also, I tried with my old buddy Rocktron Velocity 120, solid state power amp, that I have for more than 10 years and used a lot together with Marshall JMP1. Not good at all, compared to those valve power amps. And I used those same cabs above (Egnater and Line 6 ones).

The problem I see with Mesa is that it is TOO heavy and takes some 30 min for the valves to get to the point. With Line 6, I don`t take that care, it is lighter even with the cab and it is MUCH cheaper.

Maybe the Line 6 Spider Valve with two speakers (212, I guess), would be perfect. Mesa is really heavy, big and I tend to not play with it at all. Line 6 valve gives me the power I need and sounds just amazing.

Hope it is not too late for the answer and that helps you. :thumbup:

I use an Universal Audio Apollo Duo, and used both on SPDIF and analog. I really prefer the analog sound that I got, as it seems to have more headroom and depth than the SPDIF. Analog sound will be converted to digital on audio ins of your interface again. SPDIF is digital, and do not need conversion out of kemper or to get in the computer. But, I found analog much more "real".

If you can afford an Apogee (firewire, first version, used), which would be half the price of a Apogee Duet, it has really good conversion quality, and portable. Apollo is awesome too, and has a lot more interesting features, like its mixer (console), allowing really near zero latency. Besides, apollo has both SPDIF and analog ins, and Apogee`s don`t have.

The best option, in my opinion, would be a Universal Audio Twin, because it is a smaller version of Apollo, same features, thunderbolt connectivity, and reasonable price. All this applies if you use a mac computer. All those interfaces do not run on PC, but some work with even iPad, iPhone, iOS in general.

Hope this helps.