Posts by Manchild

I still enjoy using the 4x12 cabs I have.Between these 3 I get great tones using DO profiles or turning off the cabs.

Marshall 1960A with vintage 30's in a x-pattern

Mesa Boggie 4x12 with vintage 30's

Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks

I'am on the list for a Atomic CLR passive cab. The best of both worlds. Love my KPA :D

Hey Meambobbo at first just wanted a 2x12. Easyer to carry then a 4x12. I have 10 to 20 profiles I love with my 4x12 but after all the reading in the forum I really would love maximum versatility using my KPA.

Lokasenna most of the time I play at drummer volume but at home with the master at 2 or 3.

Well I put my name on the Atomic CLR passive cab list and I'am really scared. Why I'am scared you may ask is because I'am not great with tweaking sounds and I have always used a cab so I'am worried because I'am use to the in room sound.

My band only uses a cheap PA and every where we play don't have a PA.(life of rural life livin) and right now are drummer and singer split. I also jam with some older guys doing blues.

Thanks again. I read it on Marshall forum but like me that review most likely came from someone with very little knowledge of speakers.

On Avatar cabs it says for high power natural sounding clean tones and are great for modeling amps.

Thanks for the graph.

Don't like the bleeding ear treble. Most reviews say they are transparent or neutral like studio monitors. Nothing about ice pick highs.

I read a lot about the Atomic CL and Matrix and you like them or don't and you have to cut the high freg on them too.

I was hoping to try using the cabs on the KPA because they are neutral speakers but I guess not.

Thanks for the reply

Has anyone use these speakers in a cab with the KPA.

Avatar says they don't color sound and would be perfect for the KPA.

I bought a Dr Z best cab and returned it was a 60 watt cab, The store told me it was a 160 watt cab. I love my 4x12 on high gain profiles.

Thanks guys I have found some great amps from your advice. It sucks the amount of work hours Iam putting in.

love the Bluesbreaker- The Trainwreck and The Victoria was nice. Iam going throw some fenders in and Iam good.

They play a lot of Delta blues.

Me a lot of british rock blues and Texas Blues. I love Joe Bonamassa, B.B. King, early Stones and Zeppelin.

Guitars I use are PRS Studio and Custom 24 and a Deluxe American Tele.

Hey guys I have had the KPA for 2 weeks and setup all my performance banks so far for my band that play's mostly 80's metal and classic rock covers but once a month I get together with some older guys and play some blues. The lead guitarist loved the KPA and is buying one as I type.

I know the first things they will say(who comes to play the blues with a processor) so I have to impress them so my question is what free profiles will do the trick.I plan on buying some profiles but only have a few days to put this together.

I love the Matchless Chief Cactus so that's in.

Hey guys I have had the KPA for 2 weeks and setup all my performance banks so far for my band that play's mostly 80's metal and classic rock covers but once a month I get together with some older guys and play some blues. The lead guitarist love the KPA and is buying one as I type.

I know the first things they will say(who comes to play the blues with a processor) so I have to impress them so my question is what free profiles will do the trick.I plan on buying some profiles but only have a few days to put this together.

I love the Matchless Chief Cactus so that's in.

Sold my Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo and my Marshall JVM 410H.

I still own a Marshall JCM800 head and cab which I will never sell. Also own a Carvin Legacy 3 head which I may sell.

Thanks guys for the advice. I took my KPA to a local music shop and played thru a Dr Z 2x12 best cab and Yamaha DXR's which I was not sold on.I understand that it needs more tweaking but I bought the Dr Z 2x12 cab because it sounds like heaven. I will add after I purchase a Liquid foot midi controller I will purchase a Atomic CLR passive but right now a 2x12 works better for me.

Thanks again