Posts by SKW

I have been trying to get a midi message out of my Kemper to my H9, so far no luck. I am in performance mode and I go into system settings, I can see where it has midi adjustment and have messed around with them .. but so far I can’t seem to figure it out …I am on channel 1 in the Kemper and the H9 is set to Omni ….But I don’t seem to be getting anything …If you got any advice I sure could use it

I’ve been checking out the UA golden reverberator this weekend. I have decided I’m happy with it . It has a rich gorgeous sound, The Kemper sounds great comparable it to the Hall sound ..and the Kemper has more unique reverb sounds .. I tried using them together and with a spring on the UA and a long reverb on the Kemper really nice ! But the UA has me hooked now. The plate reverb is sweet and the spring is totally great…It seems to have this organic sound that just naturally fits…..My last test was on a acoustic Martin into the Kemper with the golden… Omg.. I couldn’t set it down…. I haven’t tried other reverb pedal so there might be other just as good..But I’m happy with my purchase, and it gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Hey Mattes. Thanks for turning me on to this Uncle Larry dude … I really like his Channel , he is so real …I’ll be watching those …I’m also a big Tim Pierce fan, I watch all his stuff …. So I’ll be trying to find the video with that reverb unit, but I won’t be buying one……I’m still waiting on my Reverberator,…. I’ll be checking it out this weekend ….

What peak my interest in this pedal is the recreation of the fender reverbs that UA created . It’s great to get classic amp profiles and I really love the old vintage fender amps but I want the real reverbs that go with them . .. Sure maybe no one else may notice.. and yeah it cost 400 bucks … but I bought it for me to enjoy. I pretty much just sit home and play guitar so it won’t get lost in my mix .. The last band I work with was a 60’s Motown band, and I think a great spring reverb would have been a good thing in that group.. (I really liked that band we did stuff like Backstabbers and How Long, My Girl ). Guess I’m getting old … I’ll A/B the Golden with the Kemper reverb and see if it wows me and let you know …..

I guess we should just enjoy whatever floats our boat. I miss pedals so I am going to enjoy adding them. Besides I might need a backup someday. Pedals are just fun. But if you don’t need or care about adding them then be happy with that too The Kemper is great and you grab it and go without pedals and that a good thing. And owning a few great pedals is a good thing too.

I have been useing my Kemper for quite a few years now, but I seem to be getting drawn back to the world of pedals, ( I sold all mine to help me buy the kemper back in 2015). I’m really trying to recreate classic sounds and one that I interested in is the spring reverb,.. Is it just me ? but I can’t seem to get it to sound how I want out of the kemper. Then I watched a few videos with the UA Golden Reverberotor … wow I was blown away , before I knew it I ordered one … and not just the spring. The whole thing seemed to have a lushness that I was missing … It hasn’t arrived yet, but I find myself wondering if adding this pedal will really improve my reverbs .. I love pedals and want to make them part of my guitar experience again ! I am hoping a small pedal board will live with my kemper in a positive way…. So far I my pedals are a Eventide H9, DanElectro Roebuck, and the UA Golden Reverberotor.. Have I lost my mind?/

Thanks Jeremy for your info.. It’s good to hear how you have it set up ..… I was going to put the H9 on a small pedal board with a couple classic overdrive pedals .. trying to keep it all simple in case I start giging again someday. I not really sure what effect to use it yet since I have only had it two days .. I might try your set up and program my controller to run it… sounds like a great way to do it …but right now I don’t really know which FX would be top choice in the H9 ……..

I got the H9 today. I was so excited I just ran it in the front of the amp so I could hear it ..it sounded great .. At first I wondered if I needed it at all with the Kemper haveing great effects too…But they really compliment each other. The H9 only can run one program ata time so it seems you need the Kemper effects just as much as you ever did. I really like that it seems to work well in front of the amp because it leaves all my main output available for sound board And the monitor out for my Kemper Kab, also I run the direct line out to my vocal harmonizer so it can read the chords…. I’ve had my Kemper for 7 years and I think this was a good way to change things up a bit I’ll be adding some overdrive pedals too .. then I think that will do it for me …..

yes it will be for my home studio, everything is for my home studio. Not sure I really want to play out anymore at bars .. I did it for 50 years with over 3000 gigs in my lifetime. I think I enjoy the guitar more and more the older I get … but dragging my stuff to a gig don’t really sound like fun anymore …. That’s one reason I got my Kemper was to build a studio with every amp I ever wanted to try … I order the H9 tonight , guess I’ll be trying it out soon … I ordered a DanElectro Roebuck Distortion pedal too. I guess I’m ready to get into pedals again

Thanks digbob, I think that’s a great way to set up the H9 and would be easy to do when out playing, I think it depends on what your trying to accomplish… I was trying to keep my stereo signal on both units and keep my monitor out signal. I mostly just play in my home studio for my own enjoyment. And my mixer is also my audio interface and if I route my stack monitor signal in the mixer too, I could remix all stereo effects and dry signal of course I would have 5 channels dedicated to the guitar part… could be overkill too. The midi would be a plus. I think the H9 would be a fun effect to enjoy with the Kemper .. I’m real close to ordering one

So I have been thinking about adding a Eventide H9 to my Kemper. I am just wondering how to run everything together. So here is what I have in my head about hooking it up.

1. Guitar plugs straight into Kemper

2 Main Kemper stereo outs to mixer inputs 1&2 pan left and right to pair of Yamaha DXR 10’s

3. Direct out of Kemper (Stack) to H9 unit stereo out of H9 to Mixer inputs 3&4 pan left and right to DXR 10’s

4 Monitor out of Kemper to Kemper Kab, set to mono with Kemper fx or (maybe mono stack only)

I’m sure there will be some drawbacks to doing it this way.. but I imagine there are drawbacks to anyway you do it … but not haveing the H9 unit yet I’m just trying to think it threw before I make that purchase. I anyone has any other ideas or reasons this isn’t a good idea, I would appreciate the input

The way the install read I thought the new rigs and stomps would load with OS 2.3...but I dont see them in the Kemper ... guess they have to be loaded separate..mmmmm wonder how you do that Rigs will be easy enough... but stomp and scales , how do i do that ? ... Did anyone else find that the rigs, scales and stomps didnt load with the New os2.3

Another DXR10 was my first thought too .....I just wanted to explore other possibility's...Its true it would mach the fronts .. Maybe I need to work with the DXR a bit more.. they seemed a little HIFi sounding.. But maybe it would be best way to enjoy the different amps and cabs in the Kemper.. and for 600 bucks .. you sure cant get a matrix, camplfier or atomic for that.

Thanks for the welcome....I have a gig this next weekend .. I am setting up some amps in the performace mode.. seems to be pretty easy .. I havent read any instructions yet but it just seems to work like you think it should.. I will get into all the instructions soon as I can.. right now i guess I am just haveing to much fun ... geez the Blackface Bass Dimed on a telecaster neck PU ..what a sound .. I cant wait to get this sound when I play out ... Thanks again for the Welcome ...

Hi I have just had my Kemper Black lunchbox for a week ..I am happy .. I have ran it in two Yamha DXR10, sound good !! Then i tried a Old Mosvalve 962 with two Fender Hot Rod Extention Cabs, I like that too !!...so i am thinking since the band uses my DXR's with the FOH system .. I would pick up a couple Eminence Delta Pro 12A. and load them in to a couple cabs ..I want to use the cab sims ... So as the rest i have alot to learn .. I haven't loaded and profiles or backed up the system yet ..everytime i sit down with it end up playing. and checking out sounds ... Anyone has any comment on the Delta pro I would like to here it .. I choose that becouse it might be my cheapest option, And I think I will like the cab sound over the FRFR... :thumbup: