Posts by Xander

Due to the fact that time is relative, some of us will probably get the editor tomorrow, others next year. Finally, it depends on how fast you play your strings.

Seems legit, talked to Yngwie last week and he said he was getting bored of his editor already and was asking when the kemper 3.0 was coming.

I asked him why he was bored and if a new kemper would help, he just mumbled something about more is more:)

There is really no time for sympathy, we aren`t talking about hordes of people standing outside the house of a single programmer with pitchforks.

This is a company with many employees that has come out with small drops of "this is what you may get soon" and hopes of a new world where everybody has come together, hugging their toasters and rack units with only a dream of a single editor to seal the proficy of that: One day you shall not have to bend down towards the floor to tweak, one day your knobs on the unit shall get some rest from the vigorous turning of delay time, one day your mouse will do the work and that DAY IS NOT TODAY.

For tomorrow comes a day which you will check the forum post again with hope of a sign, a proficy, a leaked screenshot from the programmers, a update from G-string, SOMETHING! And then, maybe the release of the Edithor, the god of thunder or something.

Anyways we are just waiting for something good as anyone else, no hard feelings:)

Well, im in for a little conspiracy theory:) At the 2000th post all the Toasters will light up simultaniously over the world and the face of Christoph will be shown in 16 bit on the lcd screens saying: Congratulations! You have unlocked a part the editor, now go forth and find the rest of the clues hidden around. And it will be a series of challenges like playing stairway to heaven backwards ten times for the next part and so on :P

Regarding the dxr 10 and loud enough, it depends on your genre of music and how hard your drummer hits..

I play in a metal/rock band and the dxr 10 has been nice, but it starts to fart out when you are starting to hit 2`o clock on the volume dial:P

I am now looking at a dxr 15 to supliment :)

Correct me if im wrong, but since the kempers amp is solid state it should be the same rule of thumb as you treat ordinary PA/hifi gear? Approx double the wattage in an amp for the speaker wattage? So 150w speaker - 300w amp is golden?

I seem to remember that its much worse to drive a speaker with a too small amplifier due to burning coils from hard driven amp.

As some others have said, it will be ok and trust your nose :P

The fm3 has a small footprint that sure will tempt some players.

Since feet are one of the few bodyparts available for switching i don`t see the point in incorporating the amp sim tech straight into the guitar itself.

I am sure Kemper has taken notice of the market they are missing out on regarding footcontroller sized amp sim solutions.

My guess is that within two-three years there will be a Kemper Kommander (footswitch sized profile player not including profiling capabillities) and a Kemper 2 in some form with more horsepower for effects, dual amp, stomp profiling, and maybe a guitar profiling technique since that is the one part of the chain that is left after Kemper Kone.

And maybe a plugin :)

Yeah great tone for sure! Believe it or not he is actually on tour now with Meshugga as he is one of the few people outside of the band that they confide in when it comes to djent. He is considered one of the founding fathers of progressive death metal and has years of experience moulding hardcore tones.

Something that you can actually hear around the 35:50 mark in the video. That is a profiled 6505 heavily boosted with a boss hm2, the subtle overtones on that gretch gives it away.

Fun fact: He had to fight the conductor before the concert because he originally wanted to bring his skervesen raptor, something the conductor denied him to do.

As you can se in this video the conductor sadly won :P

Just a small comment on the Helix. I had to use one for a couple of weeks while my Kemper was at HQ for repair. IR`s are the way to go for the Helix. I thought it made it sound atleast 50% better than stock. That probably goes for any modeler, except the green toaster (not the white one due to the tubes being different) ;)

I don`t have the powered one. I had a matrix amp going in to a mesa 2x12 about two years ago, but all the profiles sounded much the same so i went for a frfr instead. Another thing that is positive with the frfr is the sound dispersion, the 2x12 was very directional. Hmm choices:P

So you with tube amps, did you have any issues with directionallity of a cab vs frfr?

Or maybe the question i should be asking is, is there anyone who have gone from digital to tube amp and have either a positive or negative experience with that choice? :)

Currently in drop b, so the 15" will help in that regard i guess.

But the wicked tube witch has cast a curiosity spell on me that i need some feedback on what to do with:)

Hi All!

I Just wanted some opinions on a choice to make regarding using the kemper live or to buy an amp.

I have been playing guitar for over 20 years but never actually owned a real tube amp..

I started out on a fender mexico strat going through a boss se 70 and a borrowed fender London reverb. Long story short and many digital devices later i have now played a few gigs with my prs mark holcomb evertune through the kemper and dxr10. Sounds good and nothing wrong, but i crave more thump ? So the question is, buy a victory super kraken with a 2x12 or Just go for a dxr 15?

Maybe some advice will hjelp me make the right choice.