Posts by Xander

I hate to ruin your thoughts about how the kemper works.
    As stated on page 7 in the manual it clearly says: "Turn your choicy voicy knob to profile, this is where our magic really shines and litterally suck the soul of the amp in question out of it`s metal housing and into the comfy insides of the Kemper Profiling Amp"

And from the second statement on the same page: "WARNING: Make sure you use the earplugs we shipped with your Kemper while profiling, and make sure there are no kids nearby who can be affected by the soulsucking process. We take NO responsibility for any familymembers and/or household pets trapped in limbo for eternity during the profiling process"

So there you have it ;)

My mirrorball (Not stolen from Sarumann) predicts a Kpa 2 in 2018 with dual amp features and maybe stomp profiling. Floorunit of Kpa2 later that year with fewer buttons so it needs an editor:) New features will be built in wireless system, editor same as floorunit, bluetooth, 96k spdif, optional Kemper frfr, thunderbolt connection and a KMBBD Kemper micro brewery beer dispenser for that space in the back:P

Hi i thought i would jump in and second Reason as a daw.. I have used both Reaper and Reason and lately just Reason because of its user friendlyness. I record all of the band when we are rehearsing and its just so easy laying on a synthtrack if you want that.
    As Reason vs other daws i like that you dont have to mess around with plugins. The downside is that you dont get the superior drum kit sound out of it. Could be that you can find some extentions to reason, but we use analog drums so i havent searched for it.

I have seen reason bundeled with the balance audio interface for a good price.
    And as said previously in another post here, go for a usb audio interface due to futureproofing.

Hmm it wery well could be that the era of awesomeness is upon us. Kemper finally found out how to profile other stuff such as women, money and beer using a camera instead of a microphone in the usb port. Tweakable ofc The 3d printer is what you see controlled by the footswitch. ;)

Sounded a bit like computer buzz.. Is the sound still there when the computer and screen is shut off? Also try to remove power adapters while you are at it. Light dimmers and fluorescent lights are also big sinners when it comes to interference. I had a terrible buzz at a rehearsal room once and i removed the grounding pins for the laptop to get rid of it, as others have stated.
    Just be careful not to come in contact with other gear that is grounded while you are not:P I touched my audio interface while holding my guitar when it was not grounded... A gentle reminder from mr electricity greeted my hand... Not full on raveparty but enough to wake you up :D

(There is no reason to take the live fast die young version with electrical equipment, so leave the grounding be)

Its very annoying so hopefully you get it sorted out.

Good idea db9091:)

Perhaps not Morty, i`ll have to look into it. If not then maybe i will bring the luthier so he can cut the wood for himself :D
    The wood has to dry for 2 years or something to avoid warping, guess NASA has a bit to learn here... All those years trying to build a efficient propulsion engine and it turns out the could have used wood.. Go figure:)

Ah good advices! The search goes on still:) The latest idea i had, is that in my parents yard there is an 150+ year old wild cherry tree that was cut down so only the stem is left.
    Its maybe 10-15ft in circumference and 6-10 ft tall and has much history in it.

All the family has been playing in that tree and i thought it wold be very cool to make an guitar out of some of it.
    Been searching the interwebs for tonal qualities and such and it seems that as long the wood is ok for rot it should be doable.

So maybe Tom Anderson or Suhr accepts outhouse wood:P Kidding
    Better get a luthier closer to me to have a saying about the matter.

If that doesnt work its back to searching and testing out guitars:)

Ah very much good info there Heldal! I have been drooling over the Cobra S...
    I talked to the bassist in the band i play in today, and he knew a guy with one ore two Tom Anderson guitars which i probably could test:)

Thank you all for very good tips and recommendations! Nice forum and people for sure.
    Guess im off to see the (guitar) wizard and hopefully settle for a great guitar.

Nice, i have been looking at those, and i agree to you mean about neck profile Heldal:) They are still located a bit away from where i live, so testing them might be difficult.
    My tele which i am using now has a HSS configuration and i had to lower the middle single coil a lot not to hit it with my thumb and plectrum.
    Dont know if the luthier did this on purpose to punish me, or if is a bad habit on my side. Probably the luthier :P
    Guess a HH or HS will do:)
    Will send you a message Morty:)

The ideal would be the round violin type sound you can get from say a Les Paul but with a ebony or other hard wood fingerboard with a good tremolo which stays in tune.
    It must be a versatile guitar too.
    In the most soundclips i have heard on youtube, the suhrs and andersons can be a bit brighter but the eq section on the kemper is there for a reason no?:D

Does anyone care for Bloom2? I think thats my favorite. Its very spacy, so it doesnt work for everything, but i was playing some arpeggiated chords on my new single coil neck pickup and its just unreal. Ill try to record something tonight.

Favorites and clips are appreciated. That will make it more accessible for newcomers.[/quote]

Does anyone care for Bloom2? I think thats my favorite. Its very spacy, so it doesnt work for everything, but i was playing some arpeggiated chords on my new single coil neck pickup and its just unreal

Hi there! I dig the bloom2 and i play it all the time now! You are temting me to buy a Strymon big sky Meambobbo:D I recorded a quick clip, my first try to embed a soundcloud file so if anything goes wrong (including missing strings and misses in the recording) blame the internet:D https://soundcloud.com/rudi-alexander/gitar

Thank you guys for very reasonable thoughts.
    I guess my best shot is to take a weekend traveling music stores trying out different guitars until i find one i really like.
    And then go straight online and order a custom Suhr modern :D

As i mentioned, there there is minimal chances of trying out a Suhr or an Anderson where i live, so i guess it will be easier with an PRS.
    The Prs DGT seems like a nice guitar, but with the prices here in Norway there isn`t much between the PRS or a Suhr...

CHOICES... But the road to the destination is the fun part of the trip right? :P

Hi there!

i'm considering buying a new guitar, and something i would call a "lifer" a guitar to last
    My previous guitars have been: my first guitar a mexican strat, an prs se mike mushok baritone and a custom built mahogany telecaster with emg pickups.

now i want to make a serious guitar purchase.. I have been reading about tom anderson, suhr, vigier and what not.
    I live in norway, so trying out these guitars before buying them is somewhat difficult.

i dont play any set genre but i am currently in an pop rock band. Think more heavy coldplay.

do you guys have any recomendations? I want a guitar with a good tremolo system, cuz i dont have a trem guitar..

Another route i have been thinking about is buying a cheaper guitar and go crazy with upgrades instead, but i think its time for a more serious guitar :)

Did any of you notice some slight hissing noise in theese profiles? I was scrolling through them via rig manager and suddenly heard there was some kind of hissing noise when i played a note very softly with my git volume all the way up. I tried some other profiles and they didnt produce this noise. Also fiddled with noise gate to see if this was the problem..

Edit: Checked it again and it mostly happened on the Eggneta Eg five profile. Turned off the gate in slot a and figured out some of it. Might be some bad interference with my computer screens that carries over when the sound is triggered just enough to "engage the kemper". There is some middle ground where a note from the guitar is so low that it triggers the profile and almost no guitar sound comes through only "static" that is louder than the tone..

Hi! I used to use Reaper to record my band and tracking guitar, but since i got Reason 7 i haven`t used Reaper at all.

I find the built in instruments and effects of Reason far more easy to tweak and i don`t have to bother with vst`s and 3rd part stuff. You can download some racks to Reason as well, but i haven't found the reason to:P

It is in my opinion one of the easiest daws to use and without much hassle. I now record my band in Reason and if there has been no complaint by my bandmembers.

Interface wise Focusrite seems to get a lot of love.

Here is what i use.

Guitars: Custom built telecaster in mahogany with one emg humbucker in the bridge and two emg singles in middle and neck. (barely shown in this pic.
    Prs Se Mike Mushok baritone with seymour duncan sh-6 in bridge.

Kemper, matrix gt1000 fx, mesa 2x12 vertical and a laney crx 15 monitor bought after this picture was taken.

Put in a stand that a friend of mine made for me that works very well.