Posts by Arne

Actually, I'm a little bit shocked about what I'm reading here. We are not talking about feature updates that might break anything in your Windows installation, but just important updates, which are usually for security reasons (by the way, Windows 7 feature updates stopped with the end of basic support in January 2015 anyway). Any Windows system connected to the Internet should be up-to-date, otherwise it is under high risk of becoming malware-infected. I've actually seen that happen - just booting and waiting for a minute was enough to get a virus, because the system didn't have all the latest security updates installed. If you want an example, read about the malware "WannaCry".
    As Timo pointed out, signing drivers is mandatory. Certificates have a limited lifetime, and ours expired end of last year. With the newer certificate, Windows simply needs an update to be able to verify the driver signing. There is nothing we can do about it on our end.
    I tried to find out more about which update is required, but that information is hard to find. It could even be more than one update, and I'm not willing to waste some days by setting up an old Windows 7 system, then installing several hundreds of updates one by one and check which was the critical one.

I have the same problem, the solution is to download the update from the Kemper website. Installing from the rig manager stoped working like 2 or 3 updates ago.

If you experience problems like this, especially with a beta version, we always appreciate feedback, e.g. via the "Provide Rig Manager feedback" menu entry. The update problem was easy to fix, but I didn't know about it until V2.1.41. was already released. So you will run into this problem one last time when the next update gets available.

Es hat seinen Grund, dass die Datenbankdateien in Verzeichnissen sind, die sowohl unter Windows als auch MacOS (AppData bzw. Application Support) per Default unsichtbar sind. Es kann Einiges schiefgehen, wenn man darin Änderungen macht. Der Rig Manager 2.X wird eine Datei namens repository.db ignorieren, wenn sie allerdings umbenannt ist in repositoryR2.db, dann wird er auch das neuere Format erwarten. Das ist aber nicht enthalten, und deshalb wird irgendetwas Unerwartetes passieren. Die harmloseste Variante wäre noch, dass die Rigs darin schlicht nicht lesbar sind, im schlimmsten Fall entstehen korrupte Rigs und unerklärliche Abstürze.
    Mit einem alten Rig Manager wird das o.a. Vorgehen vermutlich funktionieren, aber wir garantieren da für nichts.

musicmad is right: Rig Manager uses a so-called stable sort algorithm, which means that the existing order does not change for elements that have the exact same value in the column that is sorted by. For example, you can first sort by name, then sort by author. You will get groups of authors, each sorted by name.
    As Burkhard pointed out, the problem with Gain is that it is not obvious that it is different between two rigs, because the gain symbol in Rig Manager is not detailed enough. Gains of 5.1 and 5.2 will look the same in Rig Manager, but are different when these rigs get sorted.

Sorry, but there is no big secret behind this new signature. dynamic acoustics has provided the Kemper USB driver for Rig Manager since version 1.0, but until now, we have re-signed the Windows driver with our own certificate in order not to confuse anyone. Some time ago, Microsoft has changed the driver signing policy, and the best solution for now was to leave the original dynamic acoustics certificate in place.
    Sharry: maybe you didn't check "Include Beta Test Releases" in Rig Manager's preferences?

There shouldn't ever be the need to use the Windows Service Controller to start or stop the driver. In your first post, you wrote the driver showed okay in the Device Manager, later you wrote it didn't. It should appear as "Kemper Profiler" in the "Sound, video and game controllers" section as a loudspeaker symbol without an exclamation mark.
    If that is not the case, try reinstalling the driver using the Device Manager by pointing it to "C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver, where the driver files have been installed. If that does not help, please contact support and send the files "C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and "My Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt".
    BTW, Connection to Rig Exchange has nothing to do with the Profiler connection at all.

Probably the files will be left in place, but I can't tell for sure. Obviously something went wrong, you should never have more than one version installed. But as long as you don't run into update problems, I would leave it as it is. The additional entry does not take up much space on your hard disk.

If you have to stay with OS X 10.8.5, then Rig Manager 2.0 is the latest version you could use. I'm not sure, but I think it will work with the latest Profiler software.

5.4.1 is still in beta (but close to being made a release version, as far as I know), so if you want to play safe, stay with 5.3.1 for now. I'm not in the Profiler software team, so I can't tell for sure how stable 5.4.1 is.

This looks like a problem that has already been fixed in the latest Profiler software release. Which version do you use? Anyway, it is just the UI not being updated properly, the sync has been finished successfully.

How do you create the taskbar shortcut icon? I tried by starting the program from the Start Menu, then pinning it to the taskbar, and I tried dragging a link to the taskbar from C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Rig Manager\Rig Manager.exe. In both cases the link remained valid after an update (Windows 10 x64).

Mario, if you have not yet connected the Profiler to your computer and started Rig Manager, don't do so for now! Rig Manager keeps a copy of the Profiler's content (Rigs and Performances, not Presets) and also some automatic backups. If you have recently run Rig Manager with your Profiler connected (while all the great rigs were still there), then there is a good chance that you can retrieve them. Please contact support and refer to me.
    Best regards,
    Arne