Posts by ReneLangenhan

The sound is compressed to death...
    I think it's probably a mixture of a compressor pedal, the amp and some post-production.
    I'd go as far as saying that one wouldn't be able to tell a squier strat from the guitar you actually see on screen in this scenario...

Technisch gesehen sollte der gleiche Speaker Typ am Röhrenamp hängen beim Direct Profiling wie man ihn später am Kemper verwendet, da der Impedanzverlauf des Speakers nunmal den Frequenzgang des Amps und des Profiles beeinflusst durch die Gegenkopplung mit der Röhrenendstufe.
    Dies ist auch der Grund warum Loadboxen und Attenuators den Sound verfälschen.
    Bisher wurde noch keine Loadbox erfunden deren Impedanz-Verlauf und -Veränderung genauso komplex sind wie die eines echten Lautsprechers.

Grüße, René

Ich habe mir relativ teure CAT5E PUR Kabel mit Hirose Steckern von Dreitec gekauft. Die sind robuster ummantelt als das Werkskabel und es klappt auch mit 10 Metern problemlos.
    Kostenpunkt waren 49,- Euro - Nicht unbedingt günstig aber ich kann's bedenkenlos empfehlen.
    Die Ethercon "Hülse" von Neutrik hab ich dann auch noch an das eine Ende drangebaut.

Vorher hatte ich auch zwei missglückte Versuche mit Netzwerkpatchkabeln von meinem Lieblings-PC Händler hier in Nürnberg, aber da hat schon mit einem 5 Meter Kabel die Remote nur noch halb so hell geleuchtet und bei 10 m schlug der Power On Test gänzlich fehl.

Balancing a signal is the main purpose of a DI Box - breaking ground loops and signal level matching (from Line to Mic) are (sometimes intended) side effects of their transformer based designs.

It doesn't matter if the input connector of the D.I. is TS, TRS, XLR or RCA, if there is an XLR Output - it IS a balanced output regardless of the input signal type

The Behringer HD400, Ebtech Hum Destroyers and the Lehle P-Split are wired balanced on their TRS based outputs aswell.

I would always try to use the KPA's XLR Outs instead of using external D.I. - just because i'm paranoid that the signal might be degraded by additional/unneeded components in the signal chain.

Given the information from the spec sheet i thought there are 2 versions of the poweramp (e.g. EU and US). Does that mean that every powered KPA works in both ranges of 100-125 AND 190-245 Volts mains power?

AFAIK there was no Booster/OD involved in making the Herbert profiles, how do you tell?
    BTW it is very likely that the profiled Herbert head wasn't completely 'stock' but modified slightly by Mr. Diezel himself.
    Just my 2 cents - in case you try to compare it to a different amp than the head that was actually profiled.

I've made up this little Rig after some research on YouTube, there's a clip of Hank Marvin showing off his delay sound for Apache.
    IMHO It sounds best if you're using the Master Out in "Master (Mono)" Setting, because the stereo tap delay tends to do too much of a "ping pong" sound.
    The Headphones output always stays stereo BTW.

The Tap Delay should really have an added stereo depth parameter, so that it's up to user to decide how seperated the right&left channel should really be.

https://drive.google.com/file/…VTVh4dEk/view?usp=sharing

let me know what you think

10000+ for this one! It is Tape Delay simulation with multihead functionality what would be needed. Only reason why I need to use still outboard gear with KPA, no Tape Delay.

The thing is that KPA's delays are parallel, not in series like they would be with multiheaded tape delay. The effect is drastically different.

The Delay is "semi serial", check the reference manual, page 93, it says:

"Clock Left & Clock Right (available in Tap Delay)
    These two parameters set the delay time of the left and right delay taps in musical values, creating a nice little delay pattern. Setting both taps to the same value will produce a mono delay, while different values will create a ping-pong delay.
    Only the left delay will feed its signal back to both taps... "

How do you set up your other devices for a Hank Marvin Delay?

On my first KPA (unpowered Rack) i didn't see it, and on my second unit (PowerRack) it's visible.
    BTW It's visible too on the bottom edge of my Remote display.

I mean it doesn't look as good as without the black bar, but i wouldn't consider it a real flaw.

It would be nice if someone from the staff could chime in on this.